Thread: Wing Chun Qi Gong

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    ie leg lifts in the air from the side and too the front or warm ups to get the chi boiling and flowing in your legs and open the meridians. Shaking your legs and arms also benefit...But you dont kick like doing these too things...

Strecthing you are arms and legs do not relate to fighting in the same way. Doing Push ups is not on the centerline? strecthing your arm behind you an pulling it down doesnt cover your centerline, doing burpees, lunges, running, and jumping rope doesn't cover your centerline but they do make your WC stronger do they not? What about kettlebells is that centerline driven?
    Ok, so you're just talking about general excersize, stretching and chi gung, not really about WC.
    The title of this thread is 'Chi Gung in WC'. I say there is Chi Gung in WCK. But, what you are talking about with the tea cup is not 'in' WC, it isn't a "WC excersize", nor is it required. People can add and do whatever they want though. And I'm not arguing that someone didn't add this to your WC. My point is, no, this is not a 'WC Chi Gung' excersize - it is just a general 'chi gung' excersize. It doesn't support proper WC Body development and has little, if anything, to do with WC directly.
    But again, people can do whatever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Just because you dont understand why something is given doesn't mean its useless. Not every training tool is going to deal with WC principals or body structure. even in combat scenarios sometimes you break body structure to win the fight...
    Now you're not even making sense. No one said it isn't useless, you're arguing with yourself. Training tools and being 'in WC' are 2 diffrent things.
    pushups, burpees and even crabwalks are useful. Are you going to argue that they too are all 'in WC'?
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 01-04-2012 at 09:27 AM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90