Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun Qi Gong

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    ie leg lifts in the air from the side and too the front or warm ups to get the chi boiling and flowing in your legs and open the meridians. Shaking your legs and arms also benefit...But you dont kick like doing these too things...

Strecthing you are arms and legs do not relate to fighting in the same way. Doing Push ups is not on the centerline? strecthing your arm behind you an pulling it down doesnt cover your centerline, doing burpees, lunges, running, and jumping rope doesn't cover your centerline but they do make your WC stronger do they not? What about kettlebells is that centerline driven?
    Ok, so you're just talking about general excersize, stretching and chi gung, not really about WC.
    The title of this thread is 'Chi Gung in WC'. I say there is Chi Gung in WCK. But, what you are talking about with the tea cup is not 'in' WC, it isn't a "WC excersize", nor is it required. People can add and do whatever they want though. And I'm not arguing that someone didn't add this to your WC. My point is, no, this is not a 'WC Chi Gung' excersize - it is just a general 'chi gung' excersize. It doesn't support proper WC Body development and has little, if anything, to do with WC directly.
    But again, people can do whatever they want.

Just because you dont understand why something is given doesn't mean its useless. Not every training tool is going to deal with WC principals or body structure. even in combat scenarios sometimes you break body structure to win the fight...
    Now you're not even making sense. No one said it isn't useless, you're arguing with yourself. Training tools and being 'in WC' are 2 diffrent things.
    pushups, burpees and even crabwalks are useful. Are you going to argue that they too are all 'in WC'?
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 01-04-2012 at 09:27 AM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

But the reason why i share topics of interest or talk about various things is to see where the minds are of others who practice a different branch of wing chun of my own...I like to hear others methodology, thoughts, opinions, and experiences. Instead of being like well do this and an this what i do blah blah blah...my way is right everyone else is wrong. I try an leave room for an open discussion. I try to see what people have in common or in contrast to me. I enjoy sharing and learning from you all...Do I practice WC...Yes i do. i started when i was 16. im 35 now...
    That's all very wonderful. What, besides the last sentence, does this have to do with anything I commented on or asked?

To keep the discussion going and give you a chance to share: since you asked eric "do you think it doesn't follow the wing chun body frame? Why does it flow in the complete opposite direction of WC structure?", maybe you could answer why you think it does?
    Or, how you feel this position can be useful in using structure when dealing with live energy against an opponent in your WCK?
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    It is not about live longer. It is the practice cause health problem such as bad temper due to liver medirians issue....etc. long term practice is a suicide.
    The bad temper may be cause by Fajin with fast speed and exhale, or even with compress but without release. If you punch out slow and exhale slow and when you pull your punch back, you inhale fast and pull you punch back fast, you will never develop bad temper. Since punch exists in all TCMA system, anybody from any style can use simple punch drill as Chi Kung training.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    The bad temper may be cause by Fajin with fast speed and exhale, or even with compress but without release. If you punch out slow and exhale slow and when you pull your punch back, you inhale fast and pull you punch back fast, you will never develop bad temper. Since punch exists in all TCMA system, anybody from any style can use simple punch drill as Chi Kung training.
    There is problem cause by improper handling. There is problem cause by imbalance engine.

The issue here in the Gm Sum wck case is the engine is imbalance .
    Thus, he made the integration correction.

Quote Originally Posted by imperialtaichi View Post
    And hot babes drain my Qi.
    You are not practice the RIGHT Qi exercise ... I heard some where the WC chin gung can turn you into an super stud, but that is if it's not an watered down version.

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    Ok, so you're just talking about general excersize, stretching and chi gung, not really about WC.
    The title of this thread is 'Chi Gung in WC'. I say there is Chi Gung in WCK. But, what you are talking about with the tea cup is not 'in' WC, it isn't a "WC excersize", nor is it required. People can add and do whatever they want though. And I'm not arguing that someone didn't add this to your WC. My point is, no, this is not a 'WC Chi Gung' excersize - it is just a general 'chi gung' excersize. It doesn't support proper WC Body development and has little, if anything, to do with WC directly.
    But again, people can do whatever they want.

Now you're not even making sense. No one said it isn't useless, you're arguing with yourself. Training tools and being 'in WC' are 2 diffrent things.
    pushups, burpees and even crabwalks are useful. Are you going to argue that they too are all 'in WC'?

Well everyone Wing Chun is different...The Pole form was not originally apart of WC. But today it is...Chi Gung was not originally apart of WC but mainland China WC utilize chi gung to stregthen their WC.

Where did the butterfly swords come from...Was it originally WC?

Some San Siks over time where created by certain Sifus...It was not originally apart of WC but it later became so...

So you say Chi Gung is not apart of WC I say it is...Its all depending on what WC you practice!!!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Well everyone Wing Chun is different...The Pole form was not originally apart of WC. But today it is...Chi Gung was not originally apart of WC but mainland China WC utilize chi gung to stregthen their WC.

Some San Siks over time where created by certain Sifus...It was not originally apart of WC but it later became so...

So you say Chi Gung is not apart of WC I say it is...Its all depending on what WC you practice!!!
    Yoshiyahu,

This may be none of my business, but you are seriously representing yourself as someone who either has a substance abuse or memory problem. Nobody has said "there is no WC Chi Gung" they have said "the chi gung you showed does not fit the WC body frame." There is certainly WC Chi Gung, there is Chi Gung that is not WC but has benefits which could help your body develop thus improving your WC. Nobody is arguing that here.

San Sik is a TEACHING FORMAT, teaching format doesn't change the material.

in the true TCMA, Neigong is a part of WCK. Qigong is a part of Neigong.

WCK is not a fix frame art as many think today. Fix frame art has not much use in the reality as all ancient TCMA knows. Frame is good to be used as a tool to develop some particular skill. after that the tool or frame is discard.

Qigong and Zen is to elevate the art to frameless.

Thus, the WCK Kuen kuit says "come accept, goes return, let go proceed forward, using silence to lead action" it says nothing about frame or structure.
    That is because WCK is beyond structure and frame.

mistaken for WCK has to keep in a type of frame or structure is actually trap oneself within a hole.

the so called center line concept or triangle shape.. ....etc was introduced to help beginner, taking that as the ultimate is suicide. take a look at mma fight, none looks like that in the reality. and no one can frame the reality with a type of structure. that only happen in the movie.

an art which mold one into a fix frame has not much value in the reality of fighting. an art without develop the body and mind can never elevate the art beyond structure and frame and thus trap oneself and get outdated as soon as others come out with new way for fighting.

the surface of mma is a good thing to see if one's art is a fix frame dead art or a live art which could sustain the challenge without need to add in more and more applications which is not accord to the philosophy of the art. IE one could see lots of WCner go to practice BJJ but one would not see true Chen Taiji doing that.

WCK is not a fix frame art as many think today. Fix frame art has not much use in the reality as all ancient TCMA knows. Frame is good to be used as a tool to develop some particular skill. after that the tool or frame is discard.
    Really? Weren't you the dude who got thrown on his butt by Andreas Hoffman and then said "that's not wing chun?"

Guess that was too formless for you to comprehend.

Wow, maybe you should lay off the meds Hendrik WTF are you even talking about?
    You don't have to look at MMA or anything else to see if WC is alive or dead. You only have to look at one's own level of success when trianing with and against live opponents. You can't 'see' it on a clip, you can't see it posting on forums and you can't get it babling on for 10 minutes at your kitchen table in a camera for youtube
    You can only see if WCK is alive or dead by actually doing it and testing it for yourself.

I agree with Eric's comments. Are you even reading people's posts here or are you imbibing in the same stuff Hendrik is?

No one said Chi Gung isn't in WCK, at least I haven't. I've said that 3 times now, but you apparently chose to ignore it or can't comprehend it.

If you feel your tea cup chi gung excersize is part of WC, please join the conversation and feel free to explain how it supports a WC body method and structure.
    In case you missed my question (second time asking), here it is: http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/...6&postcount=35
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 01-04-2012 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_H View Post
    Really? Weren't you the dude who got thrown on his butt by Andreas Hoffman and then said "that's not wing chun?"

Guess that was too formless for you to comprehend.
    Isn't it strange that since decades ago some of the HFY people like yourself, and some vtm people always like to create some story to attack me out of the blue ?

Can you people focus on topic?
    Or may be you people need to ask yourself what is your fear to lead you for your behavior?

After ten years, white crane of fujian connection has become a reality. Vtm has also switched to white crane Root. Snake in wing Chun also has become a reality. However, HFY still has not provide the evidence of HFY shaolin existence further then 1980.

So, I suggest you to clear up your own story on HFY WCK before create more story about me. which is a joke and got nothing to do with this thread.

Also,
    Disregard of how good or bad my Kung fu, that is independent to what is happening in china and tcma. Evidence is the key. Can you provide solid evidence?

for those who is interested in monks and qing dynasty , here is the lecture from the chan patriarch Hsu Yun first hand on what is the facts on monks army..etc.

http://kungfumagazine.com/forum/show...09&postcount=1

Whatever exist has a trace can be tracked. History of china and the architecture tcma can be traced is bottom line.

Get back to topic.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 01-04-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Isn't it strange that some of the HFY people like yourself, and some vtm people , the since 10 years ago always like to create some story try to attack me out of the blue?

Can you people focus on topic?
    Or may be you people need to ask yourself what is your fear to lead you for your behavior?

After ten years, white crane of fujian connection has become a reality. Vtm has also switched to white crane Root. Snake in wing Chun also has become a reality. However, HFY still has not provide the evidence of HFY shaolin existence further then 1980.

So, I suggest you to clear up your own story on shao lin WCK before create more story about me.

Also,
    Disregard of how good or bad my Kung fu, that is independent to what is happening in china and tcma. Evidence is the key.

for those who is interested in shaolin and qing dynasty , here is the lecture from the chan patriarch Hsu Yun first hand on what is the facts on monks army..etc.

http://kungfumagazine.com/forum/show...09&postcount=1

Whatever exist has a trace can be tracked. History of china and the architecture tcma can be traced is botticelli line.
    Lol, Internet. U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_H View Post
    Lol, Internet. U mad bro?

Why should I?
    Facts are facts No matter how you twist them .

See for yourself on the purpose of frame in tcma by the true tcma expert.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop...8mg4Pg6o&gl=US
    Last edited by Hendrik; 01-04-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Why should I?
    Facts are facts No matter how you twist them .
    Temper temper Hendrik. Maybe you aren't doing your chi gung correctly, because It seems you are developing "health problem such as bad temper due to liver medirians issue....etc. long term practice is a suicide". Might want to watch that
    And stop trying to make everything a HFY or VTM thing. If that is all you have to cry about, that is pretty sad.

The fact is, Chi Sim GM dumped you on your butt in front of many witnesses with you crying "That's not wing chun! That's not wing chun!". Big deal, his structure overcame your non-structure. Many people saw it, it's not made up. If you are lying about that not happening, what else are you lying about? But really, like you said, your skills (or lack of) doesn't matter.

The topic is about chi gung excersizes in WC, not some made-up crane+snake=WC history you keep pushing on every thread. So, stop derailing this thread and try sticking to the topic as well.
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 01-04-2012 at 03:10 PM.