Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun Qi Gong

I heard some where the WC chin gung can turn you into an super stud
    Anecdotal evidence doesn't mean much, I know ... but it worked for me.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    ------------------------------------------

LOL, ROFL

joy

Now that's funny
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

What is the purpose of chi kung in wing chun? why does the wc chi gung have to wc body frame?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_H View Post
    Yoshiyahu,

This may be none of my business, but you are seriously representing yourself as someone who either has a substance abuse or memory problem. Nobody has said "there is no WC Chi Gung" they have said "the chi gung you showed does not fit the WC body frame." There is certainly WC Chi Gung, there is Chi Gung that is not WC but has benefits which could help your body develop thus improving your WC. Nobody is arguing that here.

San Sik is a TEACHING FORMAT, teaching format doesn't change the material.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    in the true TCMA, Neigong is a part of WCK. Qigong is a part of Neigong.

WCK is not a fix frame art as many think today. Fix frame art has not much use in the reality as all ancient TCMA knows. Frame is good to be used as a tool to develop some particular skill. after that the tool or frame is discard.

Qigong and Zen is to elevate the art to frameless.

Thus, the WCK Kuen kuit says "come accept, goes return, let go proceed forward, using silence to lead action" it says nothing about frame or structure.
    That is because WCK is beyond structure and frame.

mistaken for WCK has to keep in a type of frame or structure is actually trap oneself within a hole.

the so called center line concept or triangle shape.. ....etc was introduced to help beginner, taking that as the ultimate is suicide. take a look at mma fight, none looks like that in the reality. and no one can frame the reality with a type of structure. that only happen in the movie.

an art which mold one into a fix frame has not much value in the reality of fighting. an art without develop the body and mind can never elevate the art beyond structure and frame and thus trap oneself and get outdated as soon as others come out with new way for fighting.

the surface of mma is a good thing to see if one's art is a fix frame dead art or a live art which could sustain the challenge without need to add in more and more applications which is not accord to the philosophy of the art. IE one could see lots of WCner go to practice BJJ but one would not see true Chen Taiji doing that.
    good post i totally understand you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    I agree with Eric's comments. Are you even reading people's posts here or are you imbibing in the same stuff Hendrik is?

No one said Chi Gung isn't in WCK, at least I haven't. I've said that 3 times now, but you apparently chose to ignore it or can't comprehend it.

If you feel your tea cup chi gung excersize is part of WC, please join the conversation and feel free to explain how it supports a WC body method and structure.
    In case you missed my question (second time asking), here it is: http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/...6&postcount=35
    I personally dont Feel That Chi gung needs to follow the wing chun structure...its chi gung not WC forms or san sik or drills. I dont see why you would be using chi gung against a resisting opponent. I see chi gung as lifting weights, not as an application of fighting. True enough some Chi Gung in the forms can be innovated as fighting applications but they are really energy drills. ne way why would you need to use chi gung to fight with...

What is your definition of chi gung? Why do you practice it?

"do you think it doesn't follow the wing chun body frame? Why does it flow in the complete opposite direction of WC structure?", maybe you could answer why you think it does?

Or, how you feel this position can be useful in using structure when dealing with live energy against an opponent in your WCK?
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post

I personally dont Feel That Chi gung needs to follow the wing chun structure...its chi gung not WC forms or san sik or drills. I dont see why you would be using chi gung against a resisting opponent. I see chi gung as lifting weights, not as an application of fighting. True enough some Chi Gung in the forms can be innovated as fighting applications but they are really energy drills. ne way why would you need to use chi gung to fight with...

What is your definition of chi gung? Why do you practice it?

Qi gung is energy work, energy has no structure but support all structures.

The core of Real tcma ima qigong or internal art is dao follow nature. Nature is nature. Nature has no fix frame. One doesn't see water with fix shape.

Practice qigong without following nature is violating qigong practice.

Also, WCK doesn't have fix structure. Only abstract. Come accept ,goes send back ,let go move forward, using silence to lead action . Is the core. Take a look at Ipman WCK, koo lo WCK, chan wah WCK, these WCK from Leung jan but have different structures.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 01-05-2012 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    The core of Real tcma ima qigong or internal art is dao follow nature. Nature is nature. Nature has no fix frame. One doesn't see water with fix shape.

Practice qigong without following nature is violating qigong practice.
    lol...so trying to fix it in set structure is wrong in your opinion?
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Anyone But Hendrix please answer?

No offense to you Hendrix...but i feel i may already agree with you on this subject!!!

So the Questions is:

What is the purpose of Chi Gung?

lol...so trying to fix it in set structure is wrong in your opinion?

Lesson one of qigong practice : loose, silence , and nature. Violating these are looking for trouble, either screw up and damage the body or mind or both.

If one doesn't know this law. What to discuss?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 01-05-2012 at 01:11 AM.

No offense to you Hendrix
    Need to lay off that Purple Haze, bro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HObqZh_RTds
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Also, WCK doesn't have fix structure. Only abstract. Come accept ,goes send back ,let go move forward, using silence to lead action . Is the core. Take a look at Ipman WCK, koo lo WCK, chan wah WCK, these WCK from Leung jan but have different structures.
    You're stronger if you have good structure. If "WCK doesn't have fix structure." then, you don't need to learn SNT, CHUM KIU, BIU JEE!

Need to lay off that Purple Haze, bro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HObqZh_RTds
    who on earth do u got a video of my grand daddy jimmy boy.

ne way What is the purpose of Chi Gung?

Blog Entries
    What is the purpose of Chi Gung?
    So you will not breath hard in the middle of a fight. You will always reserve some air in your lung and you will never need a "deep inhale" in combat.

who on earth do u got a video of my grand daddy jimmy boy.

ne way What is the purpose of Chi Gung?
    Yoshiyahu,

Seriously man, you need to lay off the pipe/bottle/whatever. You start a many-page thread about Chi Gung, argue about what makes it WC or not WC and you don't even know what it's for?

As Ed Lover would say: C'mon Son.

What is the purpose of chi kung in wing chun? why does the wc chi gung have to wc body frame?
    Dude, you started the thread by showing what you feel is WC chi gung and it being a part of WC. Instead of asking everyone else, you should be telling us it's purpose for being in WC as you put it!!
    I'm surprised you can't answer that yourself! (well, maybe I'm not as surprised after reading your threads for a while now)

Wow dude, make up your mind (or lay down the pipe). Are you talking Chi Gung in general or Chi Gung in WC, which BTW is the the title of your thread? Chi Gung by itself it for energy clutivation (among other things). By itself, it doesn't need to follow any structures and has many benifits - no one is arguing that. Why are you having such a hard time understanding this? Should we try another language or use simpler words or something?

Look, you're the one that started this thread with your idea of what is 'WC Chi Gung'. Once you make Chi Gung an integral part of the WC system, it should be supportive of that system and it's primary goal should be for developing WCK energetics and structural usage under the system's primary principles. Otherwise, just treat it as general excersize like any other suplimental training that you do in addition to your WC training and stop mixing things together.

Bottom line, that excersize in your orignal post is not a part of WCK as most everyone knows it. It breaks some of the most basic fundamental principles of WCK and does not work in developing any real, usable WCK body methods or energetics and therefore does not fit 'within' the system. But that doesn't mean is still isn't without benifit. It's just not WCK
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 01-05-2012 at 11:37 AM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_H View Post
    Yoshiyahu,

Seriously man, you need to lay off the pipe/bottle/whatever. You start a many-page thread about Chi Gung, argue about what makes it WC or not WC and you don't even know what it's for?

As Ed Lover would say: C'mon Son.
    haha, quoted for truth
    This needs repeating