Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: got Jing?????????

got Jing?????????

Hello guys and girls,
    Just going over some of my archive hand written notes and came across a list that I have made of diffrerent types of Jing........

Just wondering is anyone has any to add, or would like to share any that I may have missed.......... be well

Nei
    fa
    kun
    nien
    hua
    chang
    duan
    ying
    rou
    na
    fu
    leng
    jie
    ding
    ting
    chen
    ching

Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

You have that many kinds of semen?

Or are you discussing "Jin"?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

Thumbs up

Are you talking about Tang Lang or just in general?

Let me decipher your list so that there are no duplicates.

1. Nei (from inside)

2. Fa (release)

3. Kun (wrap or tie up)

4. Nien (stick) as in Zhan Nien Te Kao (contact, stick, bond and strike) in Tang Lang.

5. Hua (neutralize)

6. Chang (long) such as Peng Lu Ji An in Tai Ji.

7. Duan (short) as in Cai Lie Zhou Kao in Tai Ji.

8. Ying (hard)

9. Rou (soft or gentle)

10. Na (capture)

11. Fu (?)

12. Leng (?)

13. Jie (intercept)

14. Ding (oppose)

15. Ting (listen)

16. Chen (sinking)

17. Ching (light).

There will be hundreds of Jin's depends on the school of MA.

excellent spj, not sure how many people know these or at least to utilize effectively, i saw some "?" on a couple so i will add.

11. Boyant
    12. cold

have you tried to use any of these during techniques or combat?
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Hi ED,

Nice topic

what do you mean by 'Boyant' ? I couldn't find it in the dictionary.

Thanks,

Puja

If my understanding is right, Buoyant is almost a blend of Rou (soft) and Ching (light), or "going with the flow".
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Thanks Becca, now I know which fu (•‚) was meant.

Does anyone have the chin. character (or pinyin with tone) for the 'ding' mentioned above?

Best regards,

Puja

ED;

You are right. It takes a long time of practice to appreciate and master these "Jin".

In Mei Hua Tang Lang, there is the 8 elbows or Ba Zhou routine.

It is consisted of the fundamental postures or Shen Fa to practice all kinds of Jin's in the school.

1) So the first step is to study and practice the body structure to be right or perfect.

2) Jin sensing and issueing are then practiced.

It is all about balance.

If the body structure is not right or the moves are not balanced, the issueing of Jin will not be effective and also injures ourself.

In Tai Ji, push hands are used to study to sense the Jin of the opponent.

3) To practice issueing Jin has to be done against resistence such as bag works and props.

In Tai Ji, the long staff is used to practice Jin issueing and transmitting via the staff.

Every school has its own way or system to practice sensing and issueing Jin.
    Last edited by SPJ; 01-15-2005 at 06:49 PM.

i dont know what are all those names for

SPJ,
    I whole hearlty agree with you........... I was going over some of these with my students and they couldnt figure out how I was able to knock them off balance with ever so slight of motion.

I was trying to explain the kinetic energy traveling from the toe to the hand. Most were under the impression that...
    force = mass x ecceleration and seriously confused when this threory was not apparent.

I met a taiji master many many years ago that was explaining to push with out muscle, when I looked at him with confused eyes he said power comes form the ground not the body... the body only conducts power. If you want to push use energy not muscle...... 17 years later I understand what he meant.....

Misfortune what is that you do not understand???
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

i dont understand why you need so many chinese names

I don't see pushing, following, borrowing, drawing, cutting, crossing, spiraling...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by MoreMisfortune
    i dont understand why you need so many chinese names
    that's actually a good point - one I bring up alot, but I won't mention it right now.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by EarthDragon
    I met a taiji master many many years ago that was explaining to push with out muscle, when I looked at him with confused eyes he said power comes form the ground not the body... the body only conducts power. If you want to push use energy not muscle...... 17 years later I understand what he meant.....
    if you move your body at all, you are using muscle..or was he saying the structure has precedence over strength?

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

I have a lot of Chang Ying Jing
    My wife doesn't like it but my girl freind does

Just kidding, my wife likes it too.

I just started reading about this and find it very interesting, I try feeling energy following through my boby sometimes it do sometimes it don't. I feel like I have to make up for it with my imagination??? I do realize that it takes time and a different way of looking at your own body. Great topic gives me something to think about.

RibHit
    fm
    RibHit
    “Being fast is fine but accuracy is everything.”
    Wyatt Erupt
    Feeling jumpy!!!
    Thread Killer...>>>
    Tommy M