Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A question in comparing street fighting to our styles

my apologies!

sorry guys, i guess i made a ******* out of myself didnt i, i apologize for this misunderstanding. hopefully you guys wont kick my ass for being a fool.horrible horrible horrible mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho
    - I wrestled in high school, college and still wrestle today.
    - I don't smoke.
    - I don't drink.
    - I use drug everyday so I'm crazy all the time.
    - I boxed and competed in Golden glove boxing.
    - I fight in biker's club every night.
    - I carry guns and knife with me 24 hours everyday.
    - I was the quarter back when I was in my football team.
    - I was the bouncer in topless club.
    - I was the Presdent Clinton's body guard.
    - I was MIB.
    - I was assassin.
    - I'm the gang leader with 2000 members.
    - I have intense mind set that I'll need to kill all the good guys on earth.

When those street fighters (good guys) are fooling around in bar, We MA guys (bad guys) are sweating and polishing our skill in front of our punching bag, and among our sparring partners.

Should we afraid of them (the good guys)? Of course not. They should be afraid of us (the bad guys).

A. Don't go to the Central Park of NYC. It's not safe there.
    B. I'm bit of short on money and that's why I'm going over there for.

When you think you are the bad guy on earth then everybody around you are all good guys.

you should be very proud.lol

Quote Originally Posted by spiraler
    when i said "we" i was referring to "real" martial artists. not phonies.
    Wow, I completely forgot about this thread, remembered it, and came back to this. I can play that game though.

1. the "we" you are referring to is full of BS, generally. Of the adults that train, it's likely that less than half of them will EVER have to use what they are learning.

2. people who compete use what they are learning on a regular basis. the guys you are talking about train for a possibility. A sport fighter trains for an inevitability.

3. face facts, not everyone starts training to learn how to kill someone. I, for example, train because I like to compete. Will those skill carry over when I need them? sure. Some people train just because they think it is fun. Some do it to get in shape.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by spiraler
    i would love to meet his phony non martial artist, got all of his info online, wannabe cma, with his fake yet almost believable story of how he is part of some circle,undefeated blah blah blah.......sure, uh huh, your a cma master, okay, but you dont even know what chi is, or the benifits of stance training, and most of all, you act like a typical ****, not a cma master. with your made up martial art style which i must say was very creative. its quite sad really.

you have a PM.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    you have a PM.
    Oops. Meant to post that under this screen name.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

I've been in martial arts for a total of 11 or so years.

I've used my training in real situations (not school altercations) two or three times.

One was when some dude in a K-Mart parking lot tried to stab me. He'd been walking around the parking lot all day muttering and talking (I was a 3000 - K-Mart *****, so I ran carts, carried stuff for customers, cleaned the parking lot, stocked, checked out, everything - usually in 8-12 shifts). Anyway, it's about 10:15, I'm walking to my truck. He walks up to me, gets about 3 or 4 feet away, and thrusts out with a knife and yells "huuuh!" or somesuch. So, I used one of my styles basic striking/grappling techniques which involved stepping forward and 45, inside-contacting the attacking arm with my lead hand, grabbing with rear hand, and I added a kick into the back of the knee.

At some point I was holding the knife. At some point I lost it

I got to my truck, drove away. Realised soon that I had pee'd on myself.

Another time in the K-Mart parking lot, drunk customer gets out of truck after the rain because I almost hit his truck with a rogue row of carts - 14 all told. He swings, I parry and swing his arm, he trips and falls. Gets up, tells me I'm lucky it was raining, gets in vehicle, drives off.

I do not wet or soil myself.

See, karate is teh deadly.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

oshiko

Quote Originally Posted by Vash

I got to my truck, drove away. Realised soon that I had pee'd on myself.

Do you practice that part in the dojo?

Vash,

The reaction to the encounter was a fairly common physical experience. It falls into the study of Body Alarm Reaction (BAR for short). These are predictable physical reactions to stress..... like a street fight. There are a number of reactions that happen to us on a subconscious level during any stress inducing event.

Here is a link to one of my articles on BAR.... if you are interested.
    http://www.combatkyusho.com/articles/BAR1.htm

Yours in the arts,
    Rand Cardwell
    Rand Cardwell
    Tiger Claw Marketing Consultant
    Knoxville, Tennessee
    1-800-821-5090

Exclamation

When you speak of street fighters there aren't any today. They were around in the usa from 1920's to 70's and those guys were really tough. They were extemely hard to fight against. ever heard of the mexican zuit suit's ? switch blade knifes ?
    chains ? zip guns ? Kung Fu certainly would help if you were being trained to fight properly.

street fighters from those days were not afraid of anything, neither were bikers. They would beat most of todays Martial Artist in a real fight in my opion. Today these guys just shoot you, they are not fighters today, they are cowards.

I'm going on a limb here....but...

I really doubt that any of the BS about the big bad 'street fightz0rz' is true. I've been in around...50 or so fights (yes, I started counting after a while because I found it amusing how many people in this area liked to try to attack me) with these so-called street supermen, and haven't found anything remotely convincing of their 'unbeatable toughness'.

I mean, so what if they're angry and are focusing on destroying you? I've seen people fight like that against my sifu, against me, against other people on the mat and on the street, and every time they just make a fool of themselves. If you run charging in, trying to tear someone limb from limb who knows how to deal with you with ease, chances are you're going to have your ass handed to you.

I haven't seen anything braggable about any of these people, unless you consider having no skill a braggable asset.

As to the original poster's question, I think it really depends on you. If you're willing to put in the effort, then I think anything short of crappy McDojos and TKD (the two almost always co-inside, but meh) will be helpful to you.