Strength/Skill Double unders: For those of you who have your double unders spend some time working on cleaning up the technique and then do 5 sets of consecutive reps. Everyone else we are spending a good 10 minutes working the skill. It takes practice to get the timing and coordination.

broke down and got one of the skinny speed ropes. they do make a difference...the thicker and rougher the surface of the rope will slow the rope down significantly at the velocity the rope is traveling...

sooo...in the practice tonight i kept getting 7's, 8's and 9's...did 6 or 7 sets i think and finally broke double digits and hit 17...called it good enough.

WOD

AMRAP in 12 minutes of:

20 deadlifts (40% of DL 5RM not to exceed 135/95lbs)

50m line sprints

A 50m line sprint is set up with cones at 10m, 20m, 30m, 40m and 50m. From the starting line sprint to the 10m and back to the start. Then to the 20m and back to the start. Next to the 30m and back to the start, and so on. For the 5om turn with our set up it is fine to run to the 50m mark and then run inside to your bar.

Please note that the deadlifts are light! Do not round up your percentages. There is zero deviation of form today. (Not that there ever should be.) If it feels light, move faster.
5RM @ 275 x .4 = 110

3 full rounds + 20 DL's + 160 yards on the suicides. they call them 'line sprints' because apparently someone in the gym lost someone to suicide last year...

my back got super tight tonight. I did the first 3 rounds of DL's straight through, 20 reps but getting back in from the 3rd run, i could barely get 3-4 w/o hurting so much i had to put the bar down. not in the center of the back but far to the left and right...will have to look that up.

letting myself off tomorrow to do a brewery sponsored pub crawl all work and no play and all that.

i'll be good and fresh for DL's saturday...5x5@268 this week.