Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: blogging the bear

Sorry to hear that man. The shoulder is one injury that I fear (the others are the knee and Achilles).

Get better soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

My shoulders are one part of me that're still working.

Oh to be young again!

Good luck with that Oso.

I can sympathize with your shoulder pain. Both of mine have been f`d up since 03. Never had a Doc look at cause the pain comes and goes. Acupunture has worked and usually clears these irratating flare ups. Be dilligent with your plan, maybe even throw in a massage or two. C you Saturday...
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Saturday

Scrapper's Workout #1 -- fallen waaaay back on pullups. Legs did great though.

Sunday

30 minute mountain bike ride. no rests, full on the whole way.

let myself get dehydrated though and am paying for it w/ undue soreness.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Surgery

Nov 30.

A year ago I went to a general ortho but today I went to a sports med clinic.

This guy said he couldn't believe the other guy didn't indicate surgery immediately.

Based on the MRI from a year ago and new xrays today, I've got one majorly torn tendon (hanging by a thread, he said), and one smaller tear and something else wrong with something else latin sounding.

It's going to be orthroscopic and this Dr. supposedly teaches the technique so hopefully he knows his ****.

yay.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Sorry to hear that. Heal well my friend.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

thanks. I wanted to get it out of the way so at least I'll be out of the sling come February.

Yeah that would be nice. If you take it easy and really hit the P.T. hard then you should be feeling better by then. My knee still hurts, but I can do anything I want to on it, so there's a zen-like quality to knowing the pain is only temporary.

JUST Had Surgery

...this last Friday on my shoulder, so I feel your pain-literally. My injury was a rotator cuff torn almost in half- 1.78 CM tear in a 2 CM wide tendon. I'm still in an immobilizer and will be for 2 weeks before ANY rehab starts. I gotta say that it is MOST annoying- especially when trying to type.
    However, the shoulder is virtually pain-free now after only having been 4 days. I can "wiggle" it enough to make it comfy in the sling sleeping. Oxycodone ROCKS for the first couple days. Also, if they offer it, DO get the nerve block before surgery, but DO NOT let it wear off without some pain killer in your system- I almost passed out.
    If you would like, I can continue to post here several times in upcoming months to let you know what to expect next...so, far- no worries except typing one-handed and wiping (no that's NOT a joke.)

The most annoying thing for me, post-surgery, was showering. taping a trash-bag around my knee and standing on one leg in the shower was really a chore.

thanks, I appreciate it.

check on the nerve block.

dr told me i'd be in a sling for 6 weeks.

there is also a collarbone dislocation he's going to fix.

feel free to post here. i'm going to do the same.

gonna have to switch the mouse to the left hand though

D@mn dude. Sorry to hear about the shoulder. I've had injuries in the past and am actually dealing with some tendonitis in my left shoulder right now. Strange, but I felt a certain amount of relief after being diagnossed with what ever injury I had. The reason being because I knew in my mind that I was doing what I had to do to make it better.

Just think, 6 months from now this will be behind you and you'll be better for it.

You might look at this as an opportunity to switch things up a bit. Maybe start running or something.

Good luck.

what ****es me off is that I felt like it was effed up a year ago but the doc wanted to send me to PT first to "strengthen my shoulder muscles". My instinctive hunch then was that they wanted to get some money for PT before the surgery as well as after.

the doctor today, working from the same MRI and a new set of xrays (okay, i said that already) says he wouldn't have sent me to PT before the surgury because it was obvious my basic shoulder strength was ok.

anyways....the plan is to get it fixed and be a good boy about the rehab and come back strong.

Rehab is frusterating, but I'm glad I was dilligent about it cause I'm fine now. I've met others that arent' with the same injury so I feel really good. It will feel so good when you come back full speed.

****, that's the hardcore suxors.

But, take it from a young dummy who's had a long-healing injury - it heals. It's frustrating in the obscene, but do what the good docs, PTs, and big-breasted wimminz tell you, and you'll get scrong.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.