Page 13 of 64 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: blogging the bear

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    D-Day.

Talk to ya'll in a couple of days after the oxycontin (sp?) runs out. I heard this stuff was called 'redneck heroin'.

typing is gone to be a ***** with one hand though.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Oso
    The fourth is that he's possibly going to cut a bit off the end of my collarbone. On the other end, my right collarbone sticks up what seems like about a quarter inch out of the top of the sternum as compared to the other one.
    My right collar bone sticks up about 1/4-inch, too. Did he say what causes that? Is it bad? Am I going to die?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

lol, no.

didin,t say why.

they did 9 different repairs!

true to kfm rulez...igot pics

will no doubt take a while to get them scanned bit i'll post em
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

you go, guy.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller
    My right collar bone sticks up about 1/4-inch, too. Did he say what causes that? Is it bad? Am I going to die?
    yes you are going to die. sorry.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

ok, first attempt at typing w/ both hands.

surgery basically went ok as far as I understand it.

went to a pt session friday but all she did was take the bandage off and rub my shoulder down w/ alcohol (which felt like heaven) and move it around a little.

don't go to the doc for the first post op till tomorrow. He's supposed to explain what all he did and tell me what all the pictures are of.

in them I can see lots of ragged tissue and tehn some silver threads (stitches I guess).

planning on going to the school tonight to oversee things. left them on their own wed and thur last week.

I hated the drugs. By sat I felt like crap and started weaning myself off of the oxycontin and percoset combo and am now only on the percoset about every 6 and the oxy just at night before I try to sleep. thur and friday huuuuurrrrrrt.

oh, and for future reference for anyone else...the nerve block is at the base of your neck.....a thick ass 4" needle in your ****ing neck.

I bet in a few months you'll be doing great. Hang in there.

Good luck with your rehab Oso.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Best of luck Oso. It sucks, I know, but this time next year you will feel like a new man.

BTW, sweet dreams of hot PTs rubbing you down with alcohol. I'd prefer bourbon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

thanks guys.

just got back from PT and have permission to remove the brace for typing as long as my arm stays on the table.

PT was just range of motion stuff again but much more of it. definitely sore now.

they say I won't be able to get back on the bike or jump rope for a long time...they won't give me a date.

I did get 10 free passes to thier fitness room which has stair climbers and stuff.
    I had to negotiate for them to let me try the stair climber. they want me to just do recumbant bike. i convinced them to let me at least get on the climber and show them how I did it and that if they thought it would impact my shoulder then I wouldn't. they grudgingly said I would probably be ok.

yea, I'm difficult.

today was the first post op as well and the doc told the PT that he felt like I could probably advance the usual rotator cuff protocol by two weeks.

got a review of the pics and the specific procedures. Don't remember everything though.

Clavicle: The docs word for it's condition was 'mangled'. no shiat, that's what he said. So, he trimmed and shaped the end of it.

The main tendon attaching the pectoral into the cuff was torn. he repaired that.

Labrum was torn in the front and in the rear. He repaired and anchored the front but only debrided at the rear.

the other tendon involved was, i think, the supraspinatus tendon. he repaired that as well.

the other major thing was a large bone spur which he cut off.

there was also some arthritis spots he cleaned up.

couple of funny things:

the PT had me grab the index finger and middle finger of each of his hands with both of mine and squeeze. I did, giving him <50%. He said to squeeze as hard as I could. I did. His knees buckled. He said '****' which I took as 'break' and let go. He just looked at me wierd.

then, he's like 'do some alternating leg lifts'. I told him I usually didn't do alternating leg lifts because it makes my right hip pop. so, he felt my hip when I did it and it popped as usual so he said stop. I told him I usually did both legs which he said was harder and asked how many I did. He didn't believe me when I said at least 50 but sometimes I'll do 100. So, he had me do them and stopped me when I got to 60. He was like 'ok, that's good'.

we then talked some about what kind of kung fu I did and what the training was like. he asked what kind of leg work we did and I told him about the isometric stance training which was the root and showed him my horse. he said he might come by to check it out.

today was a guy but he was a much better PT than the girl was. they apparently rotate based on schedule. over teh next 6 weeks I've got 3 women and 2 guys.
    Last edited by Oso; 12-06-2005 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oso
    over teh next 6 weeks I've got 3 women and 2 guys.
    . . . hmmmmm . . .

Glad the shoulder's coming along. Keep us posted. About the shoulder. Not the two dudes.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

D@MN! It's a freakin' mirracle that your arm was still connected. The doc did a lot of work.

i know.

I actually feel a bit better about not ever achieving a full ROM pullup earlier this year when I was really trying to. we'll see what happens in 6 months.

PT today.

she says my ROM is increasing faster than normal and that everything seems to be good.

still just doing assisted ROM stuff.

Fired the dudes...just have the two women working on me now...one is cute and country and the other is hot but weird.

Saturday was the first attempt at working out since surgery.

I did some left handed stuff with pulldown machine and dumbells.

Lat pulldown 50# x 10 x 3

Dumbell curls 20# x 10 x 3

tricep extensions 15# x 10 x 3

delt raises 5# x (6 angles from the shoulder x 10) x 3

BW squats 25x4

Lunges 25 x 4

can't really do the bootstrappers.

also, tried a new trick:

Place your back against a wall and get into a solid 90 degree horse.

Pick up one leg and extend it w/o falling down and hold.

I did 30 sec each leg once just to see how it was.

Tuesday

PT Day at clinic

sat on swiss ball and picked one leg up at a time x 60 each leg
    sat on swiss ball and extended one leg at a time in front of me x 60 each leg

not as easy as it sounds but I got the hang of it pretty quickly

Stairclimber

20 minutes on super fat burner program at level 6