Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: blogging the bear

I didn’t see any mention of you being on any NSAIDs (e.g, ibuprofen). A number of years ago I almost lost complete use of my right arm, but luckily PT and meds took care of it. Ibuprofen really helped with the pain. If taken round the clock it does an excellent job on reducing inflammation…thus should speed recovery. You may want to talk with your doctor about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oso
    PT today.

she says my ROM is increasing faster than normal and that everything seems to be good.

still just doing assisted ROM stuff.

Fired the dudes...just have the two women working on me now...one is cute and country and the other is hot but weird.
    oooohhhh, Hot but weird. I like that kind.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    I've took oxycodone and percocets for the first 4 days or so and then stopped w/ the oxy and have almost weaned of the percocets (only taking one at night). I take 2 Aleve in the morning.

Started with the Jow yesterday. A couple of the incision spots had not closed up well enough to use the jow yet. gonna jow 2-3 times a day now.

sleeping sucks ass though...can't really get but 4 good hours a night the other 2-3 are tossing and turning from 4am till I get out of bed.

I also have this nearly uncontrollalble urge to stretch my right arm straight up...that would be bad.

CF: yea, me too. Except this chick had me the first day of PT when I got the bandages off and she freaking dropped my arm. Her hands were shaking from the start and she was just all nervous acting...must be my devastatingly good looks.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

man i didnt know how to contribute anything really to this thread apart from get well soon !
    But i gotta agree with chief fox !!!!!

oooohhhh, Hot but weird. I like that kind.

Aleve is a good NSAID, but depending on the dosage you may want to take it in the evening as well…keeping it your system should reduce inflammation.

wukong: yea, but I'm taking the percocets in the evening and they have acetominophen in them...I don't want to over medicate.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Yep...good point. After you ween yourself off them you may want to then ask about some type of anti-inflammatory meds.

One thing that will help you heal faster is posting pics of the good looking girls working on you.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist
    One thing that will help you heal faster is posting pics of the good looking girls working on you.
    you know, I might just ask if I can get a pic with them. Brianna is the kinda country one that's cute and Miriam is the hotter but weirder one....we'll see what they say...I'll take the **** approach...works with hot chicks because they think you're harmless.

w-z: i still got 13 percocets...and I'm going to enjoy every one of them. they definitely help me get right to sleep...too bad I wake up 2 hours later.

I did have second thoughts about taking all the oxycottin (sp?) when someone told me I could get $20 a piece for them on the street....I coulda paid 1/2 of my deductible...

missed PT yesterday due to Ice storm.

used one of my free passes to get on the stairclimber

30 minutes super fat burner level 6.

I think I'm going to increase the time before the level and make 40 minutes my minimum time. I'll do at least 35 min tues if not 40...30 wasn't really hard...just getting things back in the groove.

anyone think I should increase the level before the time? at level 6 today I'd say that I might have been going 40%. I want to target 60-65% for fat burning but also know I need to be hitting 40 minutes or more at 60-65% for any real fatburning to take effect. what I don't know is if I'll burn more fat at a higher rate/shorter duration or longer lower rate/longer duration...I feel like it's the latter.

Not sure where I read it but the stair master is supposed to be the best machine for burning calories. They recommended setting it to random and throwing a towel over the display so you have no idea what's coming next.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

I just prefer the stairmaster to any other machine; even at low levels its still constant work.

Saturday

I did the leg and ab portion of Workout #1 this morning.

one handed bootstrappers...

Jow

while I can't say that the past 6 days of Jowing has done anything for the shoulder joint itself, the 6 incisions were still puffy and discolored when I started with the jow and by the 3rd day of jowing they had pretty much gone back to normal skin color and are not raised anymore.

holy krist on a crutch...did she abuse me yesterday!

sore as hell this morning.

actually, it was the best PT yet. she really worked on opening up the ROM and man did it hurt.

i did get a lot more info from her on the goals with my PT and have a much better understanding of what I need to be doing at home. most of my PT is oriented around the removal of the bone spur and the repair to the end of my clavicle. both those sites have tons of scar tissue buildup now and I need to work on breaking that down and increasing the ROM.

Right now I'm at 110 degrees, shooting for near 180 to get my arm straight over my head again.

Thursday PT pretty much the same as Tuesday. She said the ROM opened up a bit more since Tuesday.