Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: blogging the bear

Originally posted by Oso
    {shakes head}
    Hey, at least I have enough non-hairy hairy on my beautiful body to allow for such play.

BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    oh, I was just shaking my head at the sideways attempt to get MY to treat you like the dirty little boy you are.

"George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

i must have weighted 145 when i was like 10 years old

you suckas

Your balls alone must weigh about 145 now.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

144 now cos i just....
    nevermind

i do have record of how much i weighted at the age of 14
    it was 246
    the force was strong in me

further down the spiral

another records
    at the age of 16/17 was around 275/280
    at the age of 18 hit max at 295
    neat

Originally posted by Oso
    oh, I was just shaking my head at the sideways attempt to get MY to treat you like the dirty little boy you are.

Ah, I see.

To be honest, I could do without the dirty treatment so long as I could score a smile and a "hi."

Oh, i've also discovered an amazing power I have (this is completely OT, by the by): Whenever I think to approach a woman with whom I'd like to flirt, I turn beat-fukcing-red and start to stutter like Porky Pig on Crack Cocaine.

See, there's this Russian girl in one of my classes - she's foreign, so she doesn't know my foot-in-mouth reputation. So, I figger I gotta shot.

lol, it doesn't get better w/ age, I thought it would but I still do the same thing.

back on-topic:

some changes:

cardio at least every other day if not more often. i'll mix it up between the stairclimber and plyometrics. depends on when I can get to the gym....kinda tough when I have to be at my school 5 days a week.

gonna stop working legs otherwise.

I weighed myself yesterday for the first time since the fall of last year. I weighed 246. Last fall I weighed 243. So, in this time pants have gotten looser at the waist band and I have to pull the belt in another notch but I've apparently gained weight. So, i feel like i need to stop the strength workout and just concentrate on cardio and a maintenance program for everything else but pullups.

so, this morning I plan on 30 minutes of light plyos, full pullup routine, abs and something like 3x25 pushups.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Bah. Chances are, that 3lbs is muscle - more muscle you have, less fat you're likely to maintain. If I were you, I would continue with the strength workouts.

Don't be overly occupied with that number on the scale - it's a macromeasurement. You need to focus on the micro - the lost inches, the looser pants.

Oh, bet you have a bit more energy, too.

Good luck either way, though.

wise words.

here's how I feel about that:

At my age and size (37 & 244 today) I don't think I need to be adding mass. I want to lose the fat and get down to 210. Then I'll re-evaluate my goals.

Yesterday, in the order i did them:

Attempted Pullup Max, normal grip, from dead hang.

4 attempts before failure, caught on film (Thanks, MY). On each one I got a little less high and on the 4th i probably only raised my body 3-4 inches.

Then, Full Pullup routine, concentric.

Normal Grip Pullup 1-2-3--3-2-1
    Narrow Grip Pullup 1-2--2-1
    Normal Grip Chin Up 1-2--2-1

Pushups, 4 sets, 1 minute between sets
    1x25
    1x10
    1x11
    1x10
    sets 2,3,4 were at failure

Then I did my Light Plyometric interval routine. This is some BS I made up, here's how it goes:

1 minute work/rest intervals

JJ's
    Hindu's
    Bootstrappers
    Pushups
    Crunches
    Leg Lifts
    Full Situps
    Hopping back and forth across a line
    Hopping side to side across a line
    Hopping clockwise around a square
    Hopping counterclockwise around a square
    Zig Zag hopping across a sqare
    Hopping horse to crane, alternating legs on the crane
    Hopping horse to cross stance, alternating
    Hopping horse to circle entering stance, alternating

I think I overdid it yesterday a bit. on the last one of the above something popped in my left achilles. I was going pretty light on the hopping not wanting to injure something but I guess I wasn't going light enough or I just needed a day off yesterday. took one today.

Monday

I couldn't leave work due to a crisis there so i missed my workout.

due to crisis, I have the day off.

heading to gym shortly then lunch w/ my jujitsu teacher.

Tuesday

changed stairclimber routine a bit.

only went for 24 minutes instead of 30 but used the 'speed' program which is sorta an interval type setting and increased the level from 8 to 10.

my goal is to get my 3 mile down to 24 minutes.

I went 2.58 miles in 24 minutes on level 10.

I know I need to be level 12 to hit my goal but will do level 10 one more time then level 11 twice and then level 12.

did pullups at the gym as well. tried unassisted on one of their bars which was about the same diameter as the one at my school.

tried it wide grip and didn't get anywhere as high as I have been at normal. ??? does wide grip lessen the reliance on secondary muscles and put more emphasis on the lats?

so, attempted two pulls, full body weight.

then went to the assisted machine

started w/ a 30 pound let off since that is my intended weight loss.

did 2 reps at 30,40,50,60 and 70 pound let off w/ 30 second rests.

the first rep of each was about what I've been getting at the school with the second somewhat less of that.

held for a 5 count at the top of each one.

Wide-grip pullups do nothing special for the lats - they do, however, place unnecessary stresses on the shoulders.

Good going, by the by.

and they shorten the ROM for the pullup, as the arms start much lower to begin with.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA