Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: blogging the bear

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    oh, yea, i forgot about this...tuesday I met up with a guy who responded to my CL ad about some folding mats i have for sale...turns out he runs one of the other CF affiliates in the county...we chatted for quite a while, made the deal on the mats, and then after finding out I was buying a new bike, reaches behind the seat of his truck and hands me a set of brand new bike tires exactly like i was wanting as a second set for my new bike...
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Deadlifts

5 x 135
    5 x 225
    2 x 290
    1 x 305
    5 x 305
    5 x 305
    4 x 305
    4 x 305
    4 x 305

I did a fairly light squat/pushup/situp warmup and then got on the bar
    opposing grips on all lifts at 305
    i might have been able to squeeze out a 5th on all of the last three but i knew my form would not have been good at all.
    next week is 320, week after that is 335, week after that is new 1RM
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

picked up the bike today...couldn't resist riding it this evening instead of CF.

i did ride in to the gym to show it off a little bit

it's faaassT!

prolly not as fast as a dedicated road bike but waaay faster than a mtn bike on the road.

1st day of adding biking to/from CF. the plan is to bike commute some...as work schedule allows. got off at 4ish today, came home and rode from house to CFA.
    Mapquest has it at 2.15 miles...so, a solid 2 miles...which is nothing though it is hilly here.

so, bike to CF, 2miles. no time on it today, i need a new watch.

Strength/Skill Work Ring dips: 4 sets of max reps in 30 seconds at the top of every 4 minutes. Use enough assistance to hit 15-20 dips in the first round. Post first round and overall reps to comments.

blue band

my boobies are gonna be sore tomorrow.

WOD

4 Rounds of:

400m Run

20 Box step-ups with dumbbells (24″/20″ with 30-45lbs/12-25lbs)

7 Chest to bar pull-ups

For time.
    this sucked

35 pound dumbells (+70# total to the box step up)
    kipping pullups but no bands
    22:30...which is basically a DNF as the time limit was 20...but, i finished.

my first round was 5:10...didn't bode well as I was unlikely to get faster...i had the option of cutting my run to 200m if the first round was >5min but i didn't

now, food...

when are you gonna make with pics of your new self Oso?

We wanna see the rewards of all this hard work.

before and after please, I need some inspiration to kick up my cardio routines.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

now how many pictures have you EVER seen of me?

not my thing...though, with the purchase of the cross bike I do have a 90 day goal of 20# loss and was going to take body composition measurements and stuff this weekend and post them.

i guess i look a little different...i put on a shirt i haven't worn since summer last year and it didn't fit in the shoulder and arms...but, i bounce kinda wildly from 245-250.

so, unless someone snaps a pic of me at crossfit, i'm not likely to go there.

annnd, I just got home, 7pm, no way to make it to CF and i'm pretty well ****ed from my day...i wish someone had had a pick of me clinging to a 12/12 pitch this morning as I was fixing some solar panels...so, rest tonight and tomorrow and then hit deads saturday and a big ride sunday i think.

Deadlifts

BW squats, pushups, situps, GHD situps, GHD back extensions, kip swings, KPU's for warmup

Deads
    5 x 135
    3 x 225
    2 x 305
    1 x 320
    2 x 320
    3 x 320
    3 x 320
    2 x 320
    1 x 320

very, very tired from the workweek. tub lifts every day. i think i should have been able to do better than this but i would not say that I've had a full 'rest' day since last sunday.

oh, i guess, ftr, I did 7 or 8 sets of KPU's after the deads...3-5 reps each, no real attempts at anything...was bored and i had to work today and was procrastinating.

i also did 15-20 attempts at handstands...i am def improving here, getting multiple holds over 3 seconds.

Road Ride

went riding with a buddy from CF who it turns out went to a high school in the same conference as me back when but was two years younger...we knew a lot of the same people...but, anyway, we met up this morning at 10am:

Asheville to Marshall
    Asheville to Marshall

my buddy had a computer on his bike and we averaged 19.6 mph on that leg out.
    arrived at turnover at 11:09ish.

took about 10 minutes out of the saddle and headed back.
    leg back slightly different as we decided we wanted to end the ride at the Wedge Brewery

Marshall to The Wedge

stopped at the Wedge, had one beer and chilled for a bit...then my buddy had a flat as we left the parking lot...stopped to fix that and then home...

Wedge to the house

so, like 46 or 47 miles total with two 20 mile runs.

i freaking tanked hard towards the end coming back...i don't remember a 2 mile stretch at all...pulled over and had a bananna...i should have refueled at the turnover but didn't. the beer helped too

Strength/Skill Work: Overhead squat

5 x 45
    5 x 95
    3 x 135
    3 x 160
    1 x 170
    1 x 175

dropped 180 twice, called it
    previous was a 3RM @ 165

WOD

15-12-9

Deadlift (70% of DL 5RM not to exceed your bodyweight)

Ring dips

For time.
    225 on the bar - i used double overhand grips on all of them, got 10 in a row on the first set, then the other 5. after the ring sets, grip was def affected and I got sets of 3-5 for the last two rounds. i'm pretty sure i would have been able to hit all the reps for each round all the way through if i had used opposing grips. will have to test to be sure though.

2 purple bands on the rings, been working with blue and red and was going to do red but they were all taken. 2 purples were about the same width.

5:24

not a terrible time but i'm gonna hunt this wod down to 3 min or less.

Strength/Skill Work: You will have 15 minute to find the max weight you can clean to your shoulders and put over your head in a fully locked out position. Clean and jerk would be the most efficient way to do this, but push-press is also allowed.

Clean and Jerk for me. Played with split jerk but that pull i had a while back on the front of the left leg said 'hey, remember me?' so I stuck with plain jerk

5 x 45
    3 x 135
    1 x 155
    1 x 185
    1 x 205
    1 x 210

my clean at 205 wasn't pretty. the one at 210 was better.
    the jerk portion is easy, i could probably jerk a lot more weight but need to work on the clean.

WOD

Mile Run

For Time.

We last did the mile time trial on 090826. We will be running the same route for today.
    8:08 on a course that was 2/3 incline. was ****ed cuz i was wanting to at least break 8 min.

just gonna repost my FB status...

so, originally was going to ride...but that meant i really needed to be done with work by 5...so, then, if i could get off work by 6 I could get to CrossFit. 6:45 means I got to the beer store before they closed...2 rest days won't kill me i guess

Deadlifts

warmed up w/ some squats and pushups and stretching but that's it...i'm really over these deadlifts and had a weird night of sleep...i know i should have warmed up more before starting the lifts but didn't suffer any negative affects from not doing so.

5 x 135
    3 x 225
    2 x 315
    3 x 335, 1 w/ double overgrip, 2 w/ opposing grip
    3 x 335, 1 w/ double overgrip, 2 w/ opposing grip
    2 x 335, opposing grip
    2 x 335, opposing grip
    2 x 335, opposing grip

3 minute intervals

then i did 5 x 5 kipping pullups and 5 x 5 handstands...just messing around.

next week will be attempt at a new 1RM

Sunday Road Ride

I went down to the river and met a couple of friends of mine who were on their new bikes for the first time. We did the 20k Time Trial course together. 62 minutes and some change. They left and I did it again: 39:49.

I thought I was going to be faster than that. I'll have to go back and look to see what I did it in last year on the mtn bike but i think it was 39ish too.

frakking wind was bad again today. they were only calling for 5-10 but it was more than that in the river valley..

CrossFit "Helen"

Strength/Skill Work: Deadlift

since i did deads saturday i did one of the strength/skill sets from another day last week:

Handstand Hold; 3 min total, record total number of sets needed
    4 sets: 60, 46, 45, 29

Tuck Sit from pullup bar (knees held at or above hip), 3 min/total sets needed
    8 sets I think, maybe just 7, too many to remember

WOD

3 Rounds of:

400m run

21 kettlebell swings

12 pullups

For time.
    Rx'd w/ 53# KB & no bands @ 14:22

enh, i was hoping for sub 15 given how crappy my running is. so, there it is.