Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: blogging the bear

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    I was hoping to be more succesful with the wider grip.

It did indeed put more strain on the shoulder.

I think what I'm going to do at the gym is find out at what let off I can do 6 full ROM and go for 3 sets of 6 and try to decrease the let off every two weeks or something.

Thanks.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Best pull up grip width is one hand's width wider than your shoulders, no more.
    Train Smart, Train Hard & Enjoy Every Minute Of It.

Kung Fu & Personal Training: ABActive.com

my usual grip is just a bit wider...circumstantial at this point as I min/maxed pipe sizes. see pics above. so, i'm working ok.

very, very crappy day fighting with girlfriend...I know it shouldn't bleed over to my training but all I did today, besides teach class, was:

regular pullup routine from workout #1, as negatives w/ 7 count holds at top and a 2-3 count drop.

3x4 band assisted pullups, 1 minute rests

4x15 pushups, 1 minute rests.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

That's still a workout. Real life always happens. And don't push too hard to get these pullups happening. Take a week off soon and you'll make new gains when you go back to it.

basically took the weekend off.

Did some pullups yesterday

Atttempted a set of 6. I think my first one was a little closer to the top and the other 5 were all incrementally lower. I held for 10 at the top of each rep.

Then I took a 2 minute rest and then did 4x2 w/ 5 second holds at the top and 1 minute rests.

Had a work weekend at the school to finish getting it ready for the open house. It looks sweeet. I'll post a pic. Lot's of help from my students, too.

I'm planning on taking the week off from strength and just do cardio. I'll be doing demos saturday most of the day and want to be good and fresh.

oh, and I screwed my elbow up training w/ my teachers early in Jan. It clicks and I can't make a fist and rotate it w/o much pain. There is a bruise that is staying fresh and has for like 3 weeks now. I'm gonna take stock out on my ortho...

good luck with the elbow....
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Thanks.

had a flashback last night while doing some staff work.

this elbow thing may not be an impact injury.

last year when I took my canoe out on my first, and only, Class V run my elbow was sore for a week or so in exactly the same spot it is now. I felt then it was from executing what's called 'cross stroke'

http://www.naturecompass.org/wvpd/basics/strokes.html

in this new form i'm learning there are some moves that approximate that ROM. So, I'm thinking I tweaked it with that as well as getting kicked in it.

taking the week off to concentrate on forms and other demo stuff for my open house...frankly just don't have the time with trying to get organized for it all.

That can be super frustrating.. I'm sure it'll all go well.

good luck man.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

becasue I don't thing you guys have enough to laugh at

This is me, circa 1984. Been training 1 1/2 - 2 years at this point.
    I make no apologies for hair style or clothing, or lack there of...

dude, you need a worksafe warning on that one...

nice shorts....
    practice wu de

naw, it's safe as warm apple pie.

till they ripped I wore those shorts to train in most of the time during the summer.

Did something in the woods just give you a scare?

no..when i started wearing them I was about 145.
    In the picture I think I'm around 160.
    I graduated HS at 185.

in other words...they shrunk

ok, demo is over, but got another GD sinus infection at the end of last week. 3rd day of anti-biotics today so did a little bit.

Pushups 4x15
    Pullups, normal 2x3
    Pullups, narrow 2x3
    Chin ups, narrow 2x3

abs

PT exercises for shoulder

4 minutes in horse
    2 minutes in Hill Climbing, each leg.

BONUS

pic of demo throw from this weekends open house.

and the finish