Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 135361626364 LastLast

Thread: blogging the bear

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

yay, a workout sorta

ok, been totally slack the last couple of weeks...weight has been bouncing between 443-448...mostly cuz I haven't been doing anything at all on the weekends and i'm spending a lot of time running around for **** vs. actually physically working during the week.

so, this weekend I got the bike on the repair stand, cleaned/lubed/tuned it up and went for a flat ride.

posted as two workouts, first being going out, 2nd coming back because I had the intention of checking out some of the beach access points that line Alii drive...lots of signs and narrow paths leading between condo resort buildings. so, was going to be stop-start on the way back.

but, overall mileage wasn't too bad at 15+ and I overall felt ok though I wasn't pushing for time...mostly ass conditioning

no bike computer, still hunting new batteries for it.

7.17 out, 29:36

8.41 back, 54:45

really slow looking there but that includes walking out to the shore 4 or 5 times
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/180112548

short but more effort than last week.

will combine the two next weekend.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

weigh ins

today was 246, the last two weeks have been 248 and 249...so, i guess i've popped back up over 245...but clothes fit hasn't changed.

the only major change has been a ton of leafy greens and other veggies in the diet...this does mean salad dressing for me...i'm not a 'vinagrette' type of person...love my blue cheese, catalina and ceasar styles dressings.

i've got a garden going now...will get 1-2 harvests of chard, kale and collards a week with lots of leaf lettuce and arugula hitting in a couple of weeks.

and, i'm out of pig...time to kill another one

today's ride

did the 10 mile out an back with the hill and then ~9 flat.

def feeling my legs right about now

bike computer still messed up...maybe need batteries...would like to be seeing my heart rate consistently...while it was working today i had heart rates up in to the 150's regularly and a couple of times up to 160+

lungs feel fine though, legs needs some work :P

road ride

been slack about getting on the bike for sure.

but, basically happy that I can do 20 with some long hills and maintain in the 12-14 mile average.

weight is still up...244-249...haven't touch 250 again...

i'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't start a real blog and monetize it...100k views...I could call it "Fat Ass Trainwreck" or something...lol

anyway, data from my bike computer which finally seems to be working correctly after replacing batteries on it. frakking $20 in batteries...

Mileage: 21.13
    Time: 1:30:29
    AVG Speed: 14.01
    MAX Speed: 34.90
    AVG Cadence: 92
    AVG Pulse: 160
    MAX Pulse: 177
    Kcal: 1861

def been a while since I've gotten my heart rate up...above 170 hurt the first time I got it up there but felt fine after warming in to the ride...but, I just realized today that 175 is supposed to be my max heart rate anyways if 220-45=175 is still the way to figure that.

sunday road ride

http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/263524498

new start point, too many lights and weird traffic patterns last week.

plus, it's at an shoreline park and I just bought fishing gear last week. next week i'll pack lunch and **** and hang out after.

the ride was 24 miles by my bike computer, not the 23 something this shows, the app lost commlink and cut part of it out...oh, and I just realized today that my profile was set to private over there, so, you should be able to see the ride profile now...assuming anyone is sick enough to click through...so, you can see where I apparently rode across the runway at the airport on the way back, lol.

anyway, shooting to get up to 30 miles which should put me at or just over 2 hours.

today was tailwind out, headwind back, 10 min longer to make it back

still floating in the upper 240's...sigh, I was on a roll for a while, but, kinda stressed about several things, daily patterns are not what I would like them to be.

bike computer data for last ride

Mileage: 24.00
    Time: 1:35:54
    AVG Speed: 15.01
    MAX Speed: 36.17
    AVG Cadence: 91
    AVG Pulse: 148
    MAX Pulse: 177
    Kcal: 1725

took out the first part of the 21 mile ride, added distance, but not as big a climb.
    need to up my cadence and work harder in the ride

road ride

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/199808456

the phone/app keeps dropping the gps signal, prolly the airport interfering or something.

everything up, except max speed b/c this time I had a headwind going out and the long downhill I got up to 36mph on had me pushing to get over 30 against the wind.

def felt this one vs. last week, was a bit pukey feeling at the end. my knees don't hurt this week though, took a look at the bike and adjust the seat position and angle a bit, made a big difference.

Mileage: 26.12 [+2.12]
    Time: 1:42:34 [+6:40]
    AVG Speed: 15.26 [+.25]
    MAX Speed: 32.12 [-4.05]
    AVG Cadence: 94 [+3]
    AVG Pulse: 159 [+11]
    MAX Pulse: 179 [+2]
    Kcal: 2085 [+365]

road ride

Mileage: 30.71 [+4.59]
    Time: 2:00:17 1:42:34 [+18:17]
    AVG Speed: 15.32 [+.6]
    MAX Speed: 32.88 [+.76]
    AVG Cadence: 93 [-1]
    AVG Pulse: 157 [-2]
    MAX Pulse: 178 [-1]
    Kcal: 2401 [+316]

the stupid mapmyride app totally screwed me this week, only logged 18 miles for whatever reason.

today felt good. I did take some carb gel with me and took a shot of it at about 75 minutes in to it.

knees ok, I think my adjustment of the saddle has worked.

going to think about what to do next week. I think i'll float at 30miles/2 hours for a bit and see how the hips and knees take to the duration before pushing past it.

no ride, 2.5" of rain overnight in to the morning hours, another .25 by noon and raining all the rest of the day

May started the rainy season. the three acre field I have to mow and otherwise keep in check has elephant grass in it. 4" a day of growth meant that I worked 19 days in a row just prior to June 1 to stay on top of it and all the other new growth on 5 acres of subtropical land. weekend days were only 3-5 hours of work but that didn't leave time, much less energy for riding.

however, I've ben below 245 for weeks, with some end of day weights being as low as 334.

243 now. heavy work schedule till Sep 1 when the bosses leave again for 6 months as we remodel 3 bathrooms and install electric fence around the whole property to keep the pigs out.

oh, yea, still hunting pigs. or, rather, sitting and waiting till they walk under the mango tree and popping them. got one more. tried my little 40# Korean recurve bow, hit the big sow but mostly just bounced off. lol. i'll be sticking to the 30-06.

242 on a Saturday morning weigh in.

impromptu hike

the boss called and wanted to trek down to the 100 year old railway bed below the property

http://www.mapmyhike.com/workout/309421533

bushwacked through 6-7 foot tall elephant grass, forearms and legs cut up from that.

mostly used pig trails to navigate. had my big knife in case we spooked one.

not terribly hard core, and interesting to see the hand stacked rock causeways built 100 years ago. will try to get some pics up.

but may take the place of a ride this weekend.

end of day weight at 238.

today's work, literally. keeping up with the field

http://www.mapmyhike.com/workout/314951335

2122 kcal per the app...which is suspect.

but, if you click on the map options and switch the satellite, Google has new, really great imagery. you can see the route start at my cottage, go past the main house and down into the field. I only got about 1/4 of it mowed.