Thread: exercises you've never heard of ...

exercises you've never heard of ...

since we all could probably use a little variety in our training, here's a buncha happy ideas to get the blood pumping anew. sure, you may have heard of some of these, but read anyway. props to t-nation for providing these goodies. i grabbed 'em all for the workouts i do with my fiancée to keep variety in our training, and i figured it's only nice to share:

part 13
    part 12
    part 11
    part 10
    part 9
    part 8
    part 7
    part 6
    part 5
    part 4
    part 3
    part 2
    part 1
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

I could see someone getting hurt doing those band-assisted pullups (part 12). If you let go and your leg was tangled up in the band, and your other leg couldn't reach that ground, it would be bad.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I wanna do the Clap Chin-up, sooo bad!

I couldn't do the Ham Pull-Through. That'd get caught in my nuts .

I'd want at least 3 spotters for the Ballistic Bench Press .

I'd do the Mule Kick too.

Ball Smash would either destroy my 18lb medicine ball or the floor or both (or my balls).

Nice links. Should've added it to one of the sticky threads.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Looked at 1 and 12 (cuz Iron mentioned it). Didn't see anything new, but that side lunge is potentially very dangerous.

Originally posted by Ford Prefect
    Looked at 1 and 12 (cuz Iron mentioned it). Didn't see anything new, but that side lunge is potentially very dangerous.
    As is the leg throw if the person training doesn't know how to look after their back. I only skimmed through a couple of them though.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

ford -- what you got against a side lunge?

serious, i used to do them with light dumbbells after the normal exercises (around 35 lbs in each hand), and it got my gluties pretty well.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

those turkish get ups are tough. Full body lift with your arm extended over your head the whole time.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

I'm interested in FPs opinions on the side lunge too. Doesn't look like something I'd like to be doing with heavy weight, but doesn't look that bad. I still reckon the Ballistic Bench Press takes the cake. FWIW I used to do plyometric-type stuff where I'd lie on my back and throw my 18lb medicine ball up in the air for reps. But a 1' diameter ball is a lot easier to catch than a 1" diameter bar.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Me and a couple of my students tried the Glute-Ham raise tonight and the Dead Man Quad Raises to balance it out.

Wow. We just did 1 set of 6 reps for each keeping in mind their admonishment to 'take it easy' the first time.

I was thinking that maybe 5 sets of 3 for starters on those.

Opinions?
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"