Thread: Ice Skating

Ice Skating

K. So I'm going Ice Skating for the first time in too many years and I gotta ask:

Can someone explain to me the T-Stop as far as foot placement and edge placement.

I could snow-plow stop...but...besides looking gey, I actually want to stop.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
    Kenton Sefcik
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

If I have to stop I usually just fall down, and try to take as many other people with me as possible.

try looking here:

http://www.skatingforums.com

Tornado kick into splits, fool!
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I was thinking more along the lines of butterfly twist to bridge, but tornado to splits works just as well.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

LMAO!!!
    Ok, as you pass someone trip yourself and fall.. and Say "It was him that made me fall. But thats ok, I do BJJ or NHB so it did not hert me"

~Jason
    館術國勇威 Wei Yong Martial Arts Association
    戰挑的權霸統傳 The Challenge for Traditional Supremacy
    http://www.weiyongkungfu.com

1. Find the hottest looking chick on t he ice

2. Skate your way towards her

3. Fall on her

This method is good on so many levels because firstly, you get to stop. Secondly, you have someone to cushion your fall. Thirdly, your cushion happens to be a hot looking chick, and you never know how you will go from there.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Joe is smart.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"

..but try not to knock her head in the ice or slice her neck with you're skates. Have her fall on you
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Thanks everyone!

Oops. Forgot to mention that the fiance will be going with me.

“An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

In that case, if she is gonna loser her balance grab her and make her fall on you. You will get cudo's for saving her from the unforgiving ice.
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan