Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tai Tzu?

My Tai Tzu Tao(tm) isn't "some form of Taiji, Hsing I, and bagua"

Tai Chi is

see... them... wi.......ggle, watch... them... gi......ggle

I'm really getting tired of his lame cult.

To give the author of this thread the benefit of the doubt, And, since he may not be aware of the current political problems.

Just what interested you in Tai tzu?

I teach the One True Tai Tzu (TM). All others are fakes.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Actually, if I remember right, you do Five Anscestors Fist? Lots'o Tai Tzu in that style.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Yup, you remember correctly. There is quite a bit of Tai Tzu in Ngor Chor Kun, emphasis varying depending on your lineage. It is a very powerful style.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.

I have the book on it. One of the sets is right out of our Southern Tai Tzu Quan, only your version appears to be an expansion on ours.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Originally posted by Royal Dragon
    I have the book on it. One of the sets is right out of our Southern Tai Tzu Quan, only your version appears to be an expansion on ours.
    Which book is that?

"The Way of Ngo Cho Kun"

By Alexander L. Co

It's Blue with a red stripe on top

For the Women:

+ = & a

It looks like the first 12 moves or so are pretty similar. Ours repetes in the opposite direction, yours appears to continue on for some time.

For the Women:

+ = & a

It looks like the first 12 moves or so are pretty similar. Ours repetes in the opposite direction, yours appears to continue on for some time.
    OIC. Different lineage too.

True. Lineage matters. Everyone has thier own versions of this stuff. That's why I don't pay much attention to how a form is played, so long as the principals are propperly expressed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

True. Lineage matters. Everyone has thier own versions of this stuff. That's why I don't pay much attention to how a form is played, so long as the principals are propperly expressed.
    What I have noticed is that there are quite significant differences (at least visually) between the way we do our forms and the way the Fillipinos do their forms. Still NCK, just with different flavours.

Tai Tzu is like that accross the board. It's all just different expressions of the same stuff though.

For the Women:

+ = & a