Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Martial Experience Before Wing Chun

Talking Wing Chun a Love Story

Hello,

When I first came to Wing Chun I was a black Belt in Judo. I was competing and doing fairly well. I was around 16 years old and I started working at a Air Conditioning Company doing odd jobs around the office. One of the guys there was from Hong Kong and I started dating his sister. He did not like me dating his sister and always let me konw he disaproved. Anyhow, one day I kept buggin him about whether or not he knew any martial arts and he put me in my place I asked what he used and he replied "Wing Chun". I asked him to teach me and he said NO! But, I kept dating his sister and he eventually broke down and taught me some. They then returned to Hong Kong and we lost touch. But, I had an experience with his sister which showed me that she was quite good at Wing Chun as well. I do not know what lineage he came from but he was impressive to a 16 year old boy who though he was pretty bad.

This girl had a powerfull influence on me, I took a station of choice option when I joined the ARMY and chose three places with Wing Chun Schools. I also named one of my daughters after this girl, Meiko. Of course this took some very good evasive manuerving on part to placate the wife

So, as they say behind every good man is a good woman. In my case it was not just Ng Mui but a girl named Meiko as well.

Peace,

Dave

Good story. Thanks Dave.