Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1421, The year China discovered the world

Hybrid View

1421, The year China discovered the world

http://www.1421.tv/the_book.asp

very interesting stuff,,i thought it might be a good topic in here.

peace,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    yep, saw that book a while ago. it's on the list
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

I think I saw that documentary on PBS about 2 months ago. It was like 2 A.M. and i was dozing, so I don't remember too much.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Eventually I'll get around to reading that one.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Very interesting. I saw this topic on "In Search Of" w/Nimoy when I was a kid and ever since then I've been hooked.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

i am still trying to get a feeling of whether or not the chinese seaman really ever made it as far as the east coast of Northamerica. because there are sure as hell no account of them through native ameircan oral history,,or in mexico and central america,,now we know that african nations and phonecian sailors made it as far as the central american coast(lots of evidence on that). but really nothing on the east coast or central america,, i mean you would think that if the fleets were cargo ships that they would have left some things behind and been collected by the coastal tribes,,but nothing. so i am a tad skeptical,,not that the chinese ever sailed to fer regoins,,but that they made it to N. America,,C. america etc.

peace,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

I wonder if it's anything like China's first astronaut?
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

the evidence, and its been around for a while, is the statues that have been found in central america that look very chinese. They have asian faces and clothing I believe.

World Maps from ancient China.

http://www.modernbookshop.com/wzq/maps/worldmaps2.htm

Babelfish to translate.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/
    Bloodninja: I stomp the ground, and snort, to alert you that you are in my breeding territory.

the evidence, and its been around for a while, is the statues that have been found in central america that look very chinese. They have asian faces and clothing I believe

nope those are believed to be phonecian and african,,which arrived in central america and had an influence on the toltecs way before 1400's.they did have almond shaped eyes but then again so do the maya(and modern day central americans) i am not dimsissing a correlation in genetics to asiatic peoples and that of the central americans or native N american tribes,,still though,no definitive proof or artifacts to suggest chinese. it would be cool to find some though. i know those statues you are talking about,,they are not oriental.

Peace,,TWS

Greetings,

I see someone has been reading up on ancient African history. Those who are interested in checking out more should read:

1) They Came Before Columbus --Ivan Van Sertima

2) The African Presence in Early Asia -- Ivan Van Sertima

3) Black Jade: The African Presence in the Ancient East -- James E. Brunson.

I have long believed that the African/Native American relations predated slavery and that the only thing that shocked the Native Americans during the time of the Trans-Atlantic Slave trade was that the Africans came in chains. So, their support of Africans escaping and accepting them into their families may not have been because of a common foe, but, rather, in support of an old friend.

ShaolinTiger00: You believe that the Chinese astronaut thing was a hoax?

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 01-21-2005 at 02:15 PM.

Originally posted by mickey
    Greetings,

I see someone has been reading up on ancient African history. Those who are interested in checking out more should read:

1) They Came Before Columbus --Ivan Van Sertima

2) The African Presence in Early Asia -- Ivan Van Sertima

3) Black Jade: The African Presence in the Ancient East -- James E. Brunson.

I have long believed that the African/Native American relations predated slavery and that the only thing that shocked the Native Americans during the time of the Trans-Atlantic Slave trade was that the Africans came in chains. So, their support of Africans escaping and accepting them into their families may not have been because of a common foe, but, rather, in support of an old friend.

ShaolinTiger00: You believe that the Chinese astronaut thing was a hoax?

mickey
    i jsut saw something on learning channel, all life as we know it came from africa. first wave went through india down to australia, then 2nd wave through india, china, alaska, into nrth america and south america. so technically all our ancestors are from africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Originally posted by Shaolinlueb
    i jsut saw something on learning channel, all life as we know it came from africa. first wave went through india down to australia, then 2nd wave through india, china, alaska, into nrth america and south america. so technically all our ancestors are from africa.
    I have read arcticles which involve this theory, but at the same time this is still a theory. Just as the theory of Pangea, in which case there was no africa, we all came from the same land which at some point split due to volcanic sizemic activity, creating plates out of our once whole crust. Its all based on speculation with minimum evidence.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

I just picked up the book and haven't got into it yet, but I remember my high school history teacher telling us there was historical evidence to say the first foreign traders to reach Australia and trade with its natives were Chinese. Of course, it wasn't called Australia until Europeans invaded and pillaged it

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    I have read arcticles which involve this theory, but at the same time this is still a theory. Just as the theory of Pangea, in which case there was no africa, we all came from the same land which at some point split due to volcanic sizemic activity, creating plates out of our once whole crust. Its all based on speculation with minimum evidence.
    indeed but your two examples: the splitting of a supposed world continent and the rise of anything manlike are epochs apart.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"