Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1421, The year China discovered the world

That is correct, yet based on evolutionary chains, our ansestors would have been spread among the world on all of the pieces of pangea, which unless africa was the only place for these lifeforms to survive we would have evolved all over. Im not saying I believe this, its just a theory. Heck we could have come from aliens for all I know, I wont really know until i die, and still maybe then I wont find out the truth. But as for chinese making it to the americas, I dont doubt it. Anything is possible. Like Mr. Muhamad Ali sayed "Impossible is nothing" its all fun to speculate historical situations like this but the fact remains that we dont really know for a fact. Because if we did there would not be any conflicts of opinions.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Its a very good book.

To me, your all taking a very USA centric view of it. Its not only about the possability that the Chinses discovered the americas, its about how far ahead the Chinese were from every body else in the period concerned.

The most interesting part of the book is the section where the Chinese 'empire' totaly turns in on its self and decides that nothing out side of China is worth anything (not totaly wrongly).....no more expiditions.

Till the British got the Chinese addicted on opium (that was the only way the west had a product worth anything to the Chinese) they were the world super powers, and probably will be again.
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

Liokault,

Your first paragraph would be true if the Moors did not exist. The Moors also made it to the Americas long before Columbus. They were incredible seafaring people.

mickey

Has there been any DNA evidence that African sailors travelled to the Americas?
    The first wave out of Africa that was posted earlier in this thread does support the DNA study that I read. The native people of Australia,by the way they are oriental, and the people of sub-Sahara Africa are at opposite ends of the DNA family. In fact there are more differences between the Africans than in anyone else. European's DNA had less than 1000 common ancestors and are more closely related to the orientals than Africans.
    One of what was thought to be a pure DNA line in Africa was of the bush people. Their language has clicks and whistles which was thought to be a more primitive language. When the DNA was examined it was found to contain Arab strains.
    Now this next one at first was a surprise, then it made sense. The Jewish DNA was most closely related to the people of Syria and Palestine. After all, Abraham was their father and they had lived within close proximity of each other.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Hello BM2

There is ample evidence that Africans did arrive in Equador. This is a fact not widely publicized. The Mexicans still remember the ancient Africans.

That Africans arrived in the Americas on their own should not be such a shock to anyone who DARES to read more than what is required of them.

To classify Aboriginal Australians as "oriental" is just lame even by DNA standards.

Here's a kicker for you: when the Europeans came to the New World (I cannot remember the source but the knowledge is still with me), they found a nation of Indians who spoke perfect Welsh!

Another: The Hopi Indians acknowledge a connection with the Tibetans. They acknowledge strong correlations in esoteric knowledge as well as similar words used to describe certain things.

I accept this info. It does not upset my world at all for me to go screaming for a DNA test.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 01-22-2005 at 12:21 PM.

when the Europeans came to the New World (I cannot remember the source but the knowledge is still with me), they found a nation of Indians who spoke perfect Welsh!
    it is said that the sea fareing celtic tribes came as far as the east coast of america and migrated inward following the major riverways(ohio river) and merely vanished or were assimilated in to the indian tribes, evidence to suggest this are ancient celtic ruins along the highland banks of the ohio river in the kentucky indiana area.
    ALSO,,serpent mound in ohio was never claimed by the native tribes as anything they ever created,,in fact it was told that serpent mound was there BEFORE the indian tribes migrated in to that area( i would think that serpent mound would be a marker that the early seafareing celts made to prove that they had been there)

The Hopi Indians acknowledge a connection with the Tibetans. They acknowledge strong correlations in esoteric knowledge as well as similar words used to describe certain things.
    This has to do with the Hopi prophecies that tell that in the future that a race from the east would come into thier lives and bring knowledge and a kinship. the prophecy said that this race would be wearing red hats. the prophecies were created hundreds of years ago.
    recently some tibetan monks had come to arizona to visit the hopi because Their OWN meditations had guided them there,,and when the monks arrived(wearing their ceremonial garb which included a red sombrero looking hat) the hopis were not at all suprised and they had a council meeting and exhanged ideas and philosophies, and developed a relationship from then on.

Peace,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

TWS,

Thank you for the addditional knowledge. Such is the purpose of forums like this.

mickey

Aboriginal Australians would be classified as what race?
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Human
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Bravo, SimonM. Bravo.

mickey

The carvings of Maze and Aloe Vera at Rosslyn chapel which was finished in the 1480s indicate that some Europeans were in the Americas before Columbus.

Columbus knew exactly where he was going. What his purpose was might remain a mystery but it definitely wasn't a Western route to India.

Check out the first discoverers of America below:

http://www.pip.com.au/~paceman/ABORIGINE.html

Australian Aborigines are supposed to be very distantly related to the Indians of the Asian subcontinent.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

They have asian faces and clothing I believe.
    I talked to a Korean guy for about a half hour I thought was native american once. Ther'es sometimes not alot of difference between the two.

So, their support of Africans escaping and accepting them into their families may not have been because of a common foe, but, rather, in support of an old friend.
    LOL, you must mean except for the native americans who also had slaves?

Originally posted by mickey
    Bravo, SimonM. Bravo.

mickey
    Me mum is an anthropologist, at our house Race ALWAYS means species and not ethnicity.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

I have a ...erm.. borrowed copy of this doccumentary that just happens to be uh.. on my er.. hard drive. So if anyone would like to borrow a copy as well, I'd be willing to seed it on bittorrent .
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.