Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: White Ape sets

Hmmm, guess I got confused even more. I thought his upcoming seminar was Taiji Meihua. Oh well.

Frogman
    I believe your Sifu learned it on the same China trip so it would be the same.

sayloc
    I tried to PM but your box is full.
    Last edited by Hua Lin Laoshi; 01-24-2005 at 07:28 AM.

Ah yes china trips w/ MC, no one tells you any thing, as far as I know it is 7* . I think more than the form I tend to be more into exploring the movement and power generation. How the rotations work together to create a unified body movement. Also I emphasize training chan so jing for connectedness and short power generation, ask tainan he has done this set with me.Whatever the branch this is one sweet set, I’m far more into what it has to offer in substance than where it comes from IMO. Taiji maihua mantis I learn from li Enjiu and will be being taught at the spring festival, in march along with two handed sword and Chen Taiji,

:)

frogman

the video in question is not our white ape steals the peach. Not even close. Our version is WHF 7 * and if you have the WHF books you can pretty much follow along with what is going on in our set. Accept for the spinning. All the WASP I've seen have been pretty close to ours, maybe a toe kick replaced with a heel pressing kick or an extra arm break before you press. So I really don't know what form Mr Desargo is performing there or from what family. Maybe we can ask him since he looks in on this site.

Hua lin
    I did the form pretty slow in my vid so you can pick out the movements and tactics. Our version starts off with a LH slap block and a RH negative diu to the groin.
    To some I have little character value. My friends know the truth. Guess which of the two I give two shiats about.

DISCLAIMER: Everything said by me in my posts should be taken with a grain of salt. All of my comments are mostly written in a sarcastic, juvenile manor. Any attempt at actually taking offense to what is said by me in my posts will be the sole responsibility of said reader.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...tofthejunk.jpg

Re: :)

Originally posted by shirkers1
    So I really don't know what form Mr Desargo is performing there or from what family.
    Check out Praying Mantis Steals the Peach.

N.

-N-

hmmm I actually don't practice that set. I do have it on video performed by a few sources so I'll compare them detail wise.
    To some I have little character value. My friends know the truth. Guess which of the two I give two shiats about.

DISCLAIMER: Everything said by me in my posts should be taken with a grain of salt. All of my comments are mostly written in a sarcastic, juvenile manor. Any attempt at actually taking offense to what is said by me in my posts will be the sole responsibility of said reader.

Mr. N

Were you saying the form Mr Desargo is performing on the clip is called Praying manits steals the peach?

If so what system?

thanks

Mike Martello's clip

Here's a clip of BYTT that Mike Martello shared. Enjoy

Bai Yuan Tau Tao

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

Originally posted by sayloc
    Mr. N

Were you saying the form Mr Desargo is performing on the clip is called Praying manits steals the peach?

If so what system?

thanks
    The clip of Mike Dasargo performing in San Diego is what is known as "Praying Mantis Steals the Peach" in the LGY/WHF lineage although his flavor is quite different from anyone I have seen performing this set. Most of the movements are similar enough for the form to be recognizable although there are differences as well.

There have been other threads that discuss the differences in the naming of these sets from PRC to HK.

YM

-N- & young mantis

yes it's praying mantis steals the peach apon closer examination. It's definately a different flavor than our WHF lineage.. I sometimes get lost in flailing arms and such when I see other people do sets. But after watching our version I can pick out similarities in some sequences.

I haven't seen the clip in question but I have seen Mr D'agostino perform this form and as Tainan said it's a definitely a version of Yantai Qixing Tanglang's Bai Yuan Tou Tao (which is the equivalent of WHF's Tanglang Tou Tao).

If I understand correctly the form on this clip would be called praying mantis steals the peach by HK WHF lineage and it would be called white ape steals the peach by mainland yantai Qixing.

Am I right?

What would the Yan Tai Qixing call the HK WHF lineage white ape steals the peach? The one shirkers does on the clip. If they do it at all. If not where did this version come from?

Thanks

The Set

has it's roots in Mantis Steals the Peach (aka White Ape Steals the Peach on the Mainland, per brondin tunstino .

The set has been altered for two reasons:

1. Public Viewing
    2. Personal Habituation

In no way is the set an attempt to represent WASP or PMSTP.

Due to the nature of my occupation, I am only able to efficiently play one set/year. The variations in the techniques are Chin Na techniques that I most frequently apply on the job. My personal training regimen consists of high reps of limited techniques and sequences. The stepping patterns as well as the multitude of angular attacks (high, low, left, right combo.s) equips me with the necessary tools to survive in a city populated with criminals trained in MMA.

I can only demonstrate what I train.

Best Regards,
    M.Dasargo

Thanks mr dasargo for clearing that up for us. So some moves were definately changed and it's not a specific version of the PMSTP.

Thumbs up Monkeys Mantis Apes and Peaches oh my!

This can all be very confusing. I do know I enjoy the set very much and all this talk has me practicing it more. So the forms that shirkers1 and mr dasargo provided are different forms with similar names. mr dasargo set (adjusted) but still close to the form that shirkers1 calls Mantis steals peach. So that would mean that the set I do is closer to mantis steals peach depending on who I’m talking to. Of course I was told it’s called white monkey steals peach, and that’s what I’m going with. Knowing the difference will help me if I ever get into an argument about it and then I’ll say, “Oh you must be talking about the other WASP.” It must be a good set and has more to it then I can see right now if it gets this much attention.

fm
    RibHit
    “Being fast is fine but accuracy is everything.”
    Wyatt Erupt
    Feeling jumpy!!!
    Thread Killer...>>>
    Tommy M

In our family of WHF lineage we have

baag yune tou toe - white ape steals the peach
    baag yune tsuud dung - white ape exits the cave
    tong long tou toe - praying mantis steals the peach
    tong long tsuud dung - praying mantis exits the cave

All 4 sets are different even though they have similar names.

So mr dasargo's form is as he says it, a version of "praying mantis steals the peach" that he has adapted for his personal use and public viewing, and not a version of "white ape steals the peach" and not technically sound to praying mantis steals the peach although similar.