Thread: Idea's for an instructors directory...

Idea's for an instructors directory...

Just curious what y'all would like to see in an instructors directory. I'm not doing much at the moment, so I figured I'd work on putting together a website. The website itself will be mostly personal(just experimenting with my web design skills and all that) but I'd like to have a CMA instructors directory added on. I like to have two parts to it, one where you can search by location, and another by style/system taught. The style section would be more like a listing of different kungfu systems, history/legend(basically origin stories), what they're like(maybe some pics if I can get them), and at the end of each style's section I'd have a listing of different schools claiming to teach that system(if there are any).

So, what do you think? Any other suggestions?

Also, do you think there would be any issues with listing schools without asking their permission first? It would basically be free advertising, so I assume it would be ok, but I'm not sure :P

i think that would be a great idea.......

its real considerate of you to offer this (and will be taxing)...

go for it.!

Brad,

Someone here posted this a while ago. You can start here at this list of schools that contain their school's websites.

It is divided into catagories but their is alot of overlap and missed filing into similar catagories but other than that IMHO it is a very good listing.

http://www.cbel.com/kung_fu/

Thanks!