Thread: Inner thigh strengthers

Inner thigh strengthers

My massage therapist told me that my hip rotators are short and said I should work on strengthening them. He showed me one exercise with a band. Can I do any BW stuff that would hit them?
    "If you practice praying mantis, women will like you."--Shi Zheng-Zhong

Natural Glute-Ham Raise
    traditional bodyweight squats

If you have access to a glute-ham raise bench, or a hyperextension bench, then they too work the hammies, and can affect postively, the "inner thigh."
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

My standard reply to everything: squats . But powerlifting-style with a wide stance. Push your knees out. What about some ma bu as well, super-low.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Oops, I thought you said stretches.

You could use that girly abductor/adductor machine that all the girls use. Gym owners only get those because they attract female clientelle who believe in spot reduction.

But you could use the squeezing in one if you wanted.

Notice I didn't give it a specific name because I always forget which is abduction and which is adduction
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Abduction - to take away
    Adduction - to bring together

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

adductors are on the inside of the groin and pull your legs in. abductors do the opposite.

for abductors, do this: http://www.crossfit.com/mt-archive2/000666.html

for adductors, make a position similar to what she does with the leg raised, but have that leg rest on a table/chair. then lift the other leg up to it as many times as you wish.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    bung bo: what about that exercise from our warm up?

Description:

From a super wide horse keep facing forward and shift all the way to the right and drop down all the way.

Shift left while staying low and about 3/4 of the way to the other side rise and turn to face left.

Face back forward and drop low on the left side now and shift across the bottom rising and facing right.

Basically it's going from horse to hill climbing but very low. I've found it to be a great exercise for the adductors.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

I'm surprised no one has suggested THIS
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Chief Fox--Actually, one of my classmates who is also an LMT suggested that to me a while ago, but I never got it.

Oso--I totally forgot about that. Will do.

Thanks for all the answers.

Actually I was just kidding about the thigh master. But here's one thing you can do while you're doing what Oso recommended.

Drop into a wide horse stance with your thighs parallel to the ground. Then squeeze the ground with your feet. Like you're trying to stand up straight by squeezing your legs together. Do this for as long as you can hold it. Rest for 15 seconds widen the stance and squeeze again. Keep doing this until you just can't do it any more. Remember to keep your thighs parallel to the ground.

This is what Thomas Kurz recommends in his book "Stretching Scientifically".
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    hmmmm, that's what I teach to develop 'root'...in addition to the opposite movement...pushing out to grab the ground.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Originally posted by Serpent
    Abduction - to take away
    Adduction - to bring together

Thanks. For some reason I'd always think "abduct" was "bring toward your abs." That's why I'd always get them backwards. I'll try to remember your way now
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Originally posted by Chief Fox
    Drop into a wide horse stance with your thighs parallel to the ground. Then squeeze the ground with your feet. Like you're trying to stand up straight by squeezing your legs together. Do this for as long as you can hold it. Rest for 15 seconds widen the stance and squeeze again. Keep doing this until you just can't do it any more. Remember to keep your thighs parallel to the ground.

This is what Thomas Kurz recommends in his book "Stretching Scientifically".
    Actually, this reminds me of a good adductor exercise. Put on some socks and find a wood or lino floor. Go into a wide stance and draw your feet together while keeping your legs straight, letting your feet slide together. Slide open and repeat. Be careful of your knees - keep them slightly bent if you feel too much pressure on them. It's a lot cheaper than a ThighMaster. And a lot less fvcked.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

You can also go into the wide stance & try to pull your feet together. Keep your knees bent a bit. Just pull in on the exhales. Try to go lower & lower. This will work them out.
    Do you have the patience to wait
    till your mud settles and the water is clear?
    Can you remain unmoving
    till the right action arises by itself?

Oso--didn't your old hung gar teacher teach you that rooting exercise? I think I remember you writing that before. Anyway, that sounds like a good one.