Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For your amusement

For your amusement

I'm a member of russbo and recently one of the members there contacted me. Following is our correspondence. It follows on from a thread some of you are familiar with . rub, I don't think this contravenes any rules (I checked and couldn't find any) but if it does, delete the thread.
    Last edited by Toby; 01-23-2005 at 10:07 PM.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

"Babe,

Found this in laguage you might unde4stand ( with all your edumacation and such :P ) and thought you might be interested in some correct.

I remember both you and Serps having a hard time understsanding how I can get a bi to work in a push up, but in the ,aster trainer refresher and getting back to basics found a pic and muscle group description of a whole range of lat exercises that incorperate the bi group and can be executed proned and in a knee push up unassisted. My own refernce is " muscle Basics " by Everett Aaberg . I also have this link www.myfit.ca/exercisedatabase/exercise.asp
    which might help you out aswell. I think when you guys are thinking pushup, you're executing like a chest press and sorry to break it to you babes, but there are other ways hitting other muscles. Check it out for yourself, go hug those children and I'll look forward to apology. :P You're still a spazand happy new yr to ytour and your family. Btw : How is that phd paper comming anyway???

BL
    "
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

Quote:
    Originally Posted by blooming tianshi lotus
    I also have this link www.myfit.ca/exercisedatabase/exercise.asp
    which might help you out aswell.

I couldn't find anything about biceps being used in push ups on that site. The direct push up link is here and the primary muscles used are chest, triceps, anterior deltoid just like they always have been.

Quote:
    I think when you guys are thinking pushup, you're executing like a chest press

That would be the definition of push up, yes.

Quote:
    You're still a spazand happy new yr to ytour and your family. Btw : How is that phd paper comming anyway???

Almost finished. But I'm gunna quit and get a job and finish writing up in my spare time, so it's gunna drag on a bit doing it part time.

Thanks for trying, but you're still wrong.

Later.

"I'd love to humour you on it, but fact is, you're just not right. I also saw a great demo of a rear delt row ( in the same cert 3 basics text btw) that can be done as a pushup and will hit your bis aswell. I don't know if you're really not getting it or just enjoying your troll. And a phd in body mechanics you say??? lol.......... fair enough babes. Good luck getting back to the real world with your job anyway and let us know when that paper comes out......... always up for an entertaining read.

BL
    "

A "rear delt row" or any kind of "row" exercise is not a push up. In fact, they are almost the opposite action of each other. One is a pulling action and one is a pushing action. Perhaps you are just having trouble coming to terms with the language and description? I don't have your book, but once again from the site that you sent me here is the push up page. Notice the bit where it says primary muscles used. Notice the bit where it describes the exercise. Notice where it says knees on the ground for easier ones . That is a push up. That is what the rest of the world understands as a push up. You can't just take another exercise and call it a push up because no-one else will know what you are talking about. I think that's your problem, you're describing another exercise. Just try to carefully read that page and tell me if that's what you call a pushup.

"Babes
    YOu are so wrong and narrow minded in your little box that you're really ****ting me. Either for that reason or because on kfm you called me "the thing that should not be". YOu're an idiot babe. If you look at a press then look at a row ( particularly machine rows for lats / rear delts etc) you'll see that a pushup can be executed either way. As in the point of doing say a diamond vs standard chest press press up. BS knees make it easier........... just different and if you're not feeling it for all your down tie, well, you're just not. But I think you were 3/4 of my type of person for a while there ( despite our confilcting veiws and body training goals), and with your phd, I genuinely think you'll amuse me. I've checked this information all over the place with vairious other health and fitness proffessionals and as far as I'm concernded , everytime you deny what I'm trying to share with you, you're making an arrogant ass of yourself........ sadly the most endearing thing about you more often than not. :P

Oh and btw: I'm staying in Brisbane at the moment with my cousin who plays international island and regional football and him and whole team concurr aswell. YOu're an egg! Wasting breath now so I'm off. Take care babes and happy job transitions.

Blooming Lotus
    "

I'm overcome with a strong feeling of deja vu. Seems we've had this conversation before. Anyway, there is no possible way for you do perform a "pulling" motion while doing a pushup. In fact, "pulling" motions are almost impossible without a bar or something to hold onto to lift yourself up. And "pulling" is what will hit your back and biceps. Pushups won't. Ever. The link that you provided described the pushup. It described the action performed. It described the muscles used. No biceps. No "rowing". No "pulling". Knees make it easier. Diamond pushups will hit the triceps more. Regular hit the pectorals more. Neither will be limited by bicep strength.

Bye.

The only way your biceps will activate in a pushup is if you consciously pull your hands together from the elbow toward the bottom of the movement. I don't know why anyone would ever want to do that, tho.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

well, if you do about 3000 reps like that, you're sure to get some pretty nice guns out of it.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Oh sh!t, is she still alive?

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Hhhmmm. I wonder what she thinks of Strongfortisim?
    Bodhi Richards

some things never change.

Originally posted by Toby
    " I've checked this information all over the place with vairious other health and fitness proffessionals
    Oh and btw: I'm staying in Brisbane at the moment with my cousin who plays international island and regional football and him and whole team concurr aswell.
    "
    Perhaps pushup is Australian for pullup?

no, because toby's from the same country, as is serpie, and both of them think that BL is off her rocker on the bicep thing.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

yeah, but BL sounds like she's really done her research, and I don't think she's the type to exaggerate a claim.