Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: blog

Thanks...yeah I suck with the wide-grip pullups...but I can do about 10-12 regular ones with my hands about shoulder width or slightly wider...
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland

Sunday May 1...
    Barbell bench presses: meant for 205 to be my heavy set, but that was a little too easy, cranked out six reps then jumped up to 225...got four reps, two forced reps...I didn't bring it down all the way on the third rep...I think 225 is a good place for me to stay at for a while, at least until I can get 6 reps...

Incline barbell presses 180 x 5

Militaries 4 plates x 6

Close grip bench 180 x 5/6?

Tricep pushdowns...5 plates x 6...
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland

Good workout today...here are my heaviest sets:

Deadlifts: 345 x 6

Wide grip pull ups: 6/7 don't remember, 1 slow negative

Seated Rows (vertical grip) 190 x 6: some partial reps, cheating

Reverse flies: 6 x I don't know how much

Barbell cheat curls: 95 x 6 w/ less cheating than last time...

Preacher dumbells curls (2 arms simultaneously): 37.5 x 6
    Last edited by Akhilleus; 05-06-2005 at 06:27 PM.

Friday:
    Bench 225 x 6, 1 forced rep (I don't bring it down all the way coz of my rotator cuffs)

Incline dumbell bench:
    80s x 4

Militaries 55 x 6

Tricep pushdowns 6 x ???

Very low volume today...time was an issue...but it won't be in about a week when I finally graduate from school...here are my heavy sets:

deadlifts: 375 x 4

seated rows: 230 x 5/6

dumbell bench (flat): 95s x 5
    dumbell bench (incline): 70 or 75 (dont remember) x 5/6
    Militaries (dumbells): 60 x 6. 1 negative
    Close grip Bench (smith Machine): 5 x 225
    Tricep pushdowns x 7

Skipped deads today cause I figured a break from them would be good..just cause they take so much outta ya...anyway I did T-bar rows with three 45s and a 25 for like 3 reps and 2 partial reps...close grip pulldowns (parallel handels) for the entire weight stack 5/6 times...then reverse flyes for like 6 partial reps...then seated dumbell curls simultaneous, no supination...40s x 7

Had an off day...should probably take about a week to rest...only got about 5-6 reps with the 95 dumbells on flat bench, but i wasn't coming down all the way...I mean I normally don't but i think I should have come down a little bit more...then about 3 reps with the 65 pounders on militaries...then a couple of heavy sets on tricep rope pushdowns that actually gave me a pretty good pump...I am happy with my back and bis...I really need to bring my tris up so my arms look bigger...

OK after a long break (8 days) I hit the weights again...unfortunately I didn't get to them until like 1030 tonight...needless to say, I was pretty tired...got about 3/4 reps on 220-225 and then about 3/4 forced reps...then did about 3/4 reps and 2/3 forced reps with 185 on incline bench...then did about 5/6 reps with 195 on declines...I didn't really like the declines b/c the way they made my bench the bar was banging against the supports on the way up...then I moved on to militaries and got like 7/8 w/ 4 plates and a partial rep or two...then did skull crushers with about 100 lbs. for like 5.5 reps...

Tomorrow I will do an active recovery workout for my chest/tris and then a real workout for my back/bis....

Went a little too heavy on that ARW and was sore as heck today...yesterday I also did back: barbell rows, 185 x 5 x 2, pullups x 12, x 5 with a backpack (approx. 30 lbs)...dumbell curls 50 x 5/6 (with some cheating)...then later on did rear delt raises at the school with on of the bands...about 5/6 reps...then did standing calf raises, about 12 on each leg....yeah my calves are very weak...but also bear in mind I go for a peak contraction and full range of motion...since I'm not wearing any shoes I can really get that full range...

Bench: 225 x 6

Militaries: 4 plates x 7 or 8 or something I don't remember

Close-grip bench: 175 x 6.5

375 lbs....thank you bey@tch.

OK so I was tired and it felt like I was going to have an off day...then I got really mad thinking about this girl that stabbed me in the back so I pulled 375 4.8 times...the last one I didn't quite lock it out...then did seated rows for like 230 x 5/6 with some of those 5/6 being partial reps...then like 5 very wide grip pullups with 1 negative...then rear delt flyes with like 120 lbs for about 6/7 reps with some of those being partial reps...then cheat barbell curls with 95 lbs for about 6 with less cheating than usual...then dumbell preacher curls with 35s for like 8/9 reps...

Bench Press: 220 x 7.7...My bro was home but honestly I didn't know if he'd be able to spot me, he's skinny...so I tried the ole' make yourself do it cause there is no other alternative trick (no spotter)! I got to 7 reps which was my goal and thought I had another one in me...I almost got it but the bar just wouldn't pass a certain point, not quite high enough to rack...so I lower it to my chest, roll it down to my stomach, then tilt it to the side...the ground is taking a lot of the weight but I'm still pinned down and in agony...I start screaming for my bro...luckily he comes running but then he's not strong enough to lift the half of the bar off me, so while I'm screaming I have to wait for him to remove the collar then ALL OF THE WEIGHTS one by one...finally I get out and have no injuries, but I will never bench again w/o a spotter...

Militaries: 4 plates x like 7 or 8 its hard to judge these coz I can do this thing where I cheat by pushing out a little, instead of straight up, which allows me to do more...

Close grip bench: 190 x 6.5 no spotter yeah I'm a smuk

Tricep Pushdowns: 5 plates x 7