Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Training help

Training help

Ok, Im mostly trying to focus on working my abs right now before I continue doing some other weight training, especially since I have a few school projects anyway.

1. I do about 5 ab exercises, taking maybe a min. between each one, and I do every single day, is this ok?

2. What are some tough ab exercises that you can tell me about or give link to (anything at all)? I have to do a whole lot of crunches to feel anything and its kinda taking long time, so please provide very hard ab exercises (no need for partners either).

3. I kinda have bad posture and my back aint that strong, so what kind of back exercises can I do that are effective? Also, I dont have no barbells, just myself and a pair of dumbbells, lol.

Thats about it I guess. And just to get this out of me... Im a lazy piece of ****, lol, I either dont have enough energy for the day or Im just not willing to accomplish anything =(
    Be water my friend.

I'd suggest doing some exercises that train the upper abs and then doning some for the lower abs. Train lower abs first, then train upper abs. Same principle as training your lower chest first then the upper chest. Try for around 100 reps per exercise.

A unique snowflake

Originally posted by WinterPalm
    I'd suggest doing some exercises that train the upper abs and then doning some for the lower abs. Train lower abs first, then train upper abs. Same principle as training your lower chest first then the upper chest. Try for around 100 reps per exercise.

Dayum, if I didn't think you were kidding, I'd verbally molest you.

As to Iron Monkey:

First, don't train abs everyday. Train no more than 3 days a week, with a day in between - Mon/Wed/Fri or Tu/Thu/Sat.

Second, train abs at low-rep, high-intensity. Me, I don't do more than 6 reps at once.

Third, I'll post some good ab/back exercises tomorrow.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Good ab exercises? How about heavy squats, deadlifts, and bench, with no belt?

Or, you could try using an ab wheel ("evil wheel"), but just get one of the $8 ones at a sports store. There's no reason to pay $30 for the infomercial one cuz it's exactly the same.

Or Janda situps for strength.

Or hanging leg raises.

Or weight crunches.

Or regular crunches if your abs are weak now.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Dragon flags.
    Full-contact twists.
    Windmills.
    Bridge.
    One-armed DL.

Or like Iron said, squat and DL without a belt. Bench, Iron? Huh?
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Do some supermans for your low back if you don't have weights.

Originally posted by Vash
    First, don't train abs everyday. Train no more than 3 days a week, with a day in between - Mon/Wed/Fri or Tu/Thu/Sat.
    I dunno... depending on how you train, there's nothing wrong with training the muscle every day.
    Last edited by SevenStar; 01-25-2005 at 09:19 AM.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Yeah, abs you can train daily, but only burn them out once in a while. Dragon flags and hanging leg raises are probably about the meanest options and supermans will be good for the back.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Originally posted by Toby
    Or like Iron said, squat and DL without a belt. Bench, Iron? Huh?
    When I bench I tighten my abs hard as a mofo. It provides stability as well as more overall tension. I arch my back but keep my butt on the bench (the powerlifting way). It's just like squeezing your abs during squatting or DL'ing.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I bench like that too, but I've never noticed my stomach tensing so much. I'll have to check it out tomorrow.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

Well, I will continue to do the exercises everyday, maybe just taking one day off per week.

Also, what are supermans? Janda situps(I heard of them before but Im not quiet sure)?

And abobo, thanks for that link, I like 2 exercises that I will begin doing today during my workout.

And please, if you have more back exercises (no machines/weights required), please post em. I only got dumbells by the way.
    Be water my friend.

Originally posted by IronMonkey
    Also, what are supermans? Janda situps(I heard of them before but Im not quiet sure)?
    Superman - lie on your stomach and raise your feet and head like Superman flying. Jandas - google. You need to do them right, though. And you'll need to build a jig to do them but that only takes an hour and maybe $20 of materials at most.
    And please, if you have more back exercises (no machines/weights required), please post em. I only got dumbells by the way.
    Take a large piece or rope or a towel and throw it over a low branch of a tree near your house. Do pullups.

Ok I found Janda situps. But about Superman, how long do I have to hold that position for, and how many reps do I do it?

And about the pull up towel/rope thing, wont be able to, thanks anyway though.
    Be water my friend.

And about the pull up towel/rope thing, wont be able to, thanks anyway though.
    Why not? Pullups/chinups are the best for upper back stuff. Doorframes? Tree branches? Fire escape steps? Use your imagination - there's heaps of options.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching