Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Office exorcises?

Office exercises?

Hey just curious, how many of you work in an office? Those of you that do, what kind of exorcises do you have going on. I am kind of going crazy here. I am in contact with customers and am in view of the public on a small scale, so i am looking for simple ideas to train while i sit, so to speak.
    Last edited by PangQuan; 01-25-2005 at 06:08 PM.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

I recommend a young priest and an old priest

LOL
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"

"Excercize "

"ExOrcize" is the act of casting out demons

I am a snowplow driver in CNY 181" of snow last year.
    When I find myself in the truck for 12 hours at a time, I do dynamic tension exercises (flex a muscle as hard as you can for as long as you can) allegedly that is what Bruce Lee did (not while snowplowing) LOL.
    Self Proclaimed Grandmaster of Idiot Style

Originally posted by Starchaser107
    "Excercize "

"ExOrcize" is the act of casting out demons

LOL oops. No wonder i lost all those spelling bee's
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

Originally posted by Michaelwalter77
    I am a snowplow driver in CNY 181" of snow last year.
    When I find myself in the truck for 12 hours at a time, I do dynamic tension exercises (flex a muscle as hard as you can for as long as you can) allegedly that is what Bruce Lee did (not while snowplowing) LOL.
    Thats a good idea, so what does a snow plow driver do when its sunny?
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

Thumbs up

LOL ..good question!

Originally posted by PangQuan
    Thats a good idea, so what does a snow plow driver do when its sunny?
    And how does he get to work?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Office exercises:

Horse stance while you file

Dynamic tension as mentioned above

Pelvic floor exercises

Tricep dips/pushups off your chair desk

Regular pushups

Pistols, etc. - all the bodyweight stuff

Run up and down the stairs

Pullups off the fire escape
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

You can never practice your basic kicks, punches, blocks, and stances enough. I'd say to do these throughout the day or a form depending on how big your office is.
    A unique snowflake

it depends on what you're interested in and what you're not afraid to do at work. My coworkers have got used to me doing odd things in my cube area or in empty conference rooms or halls around the office, most of them martial related :P

I always stretch at work, my goal is to stretch atleast 2-3 times a day at work for about 10 minutes. I usually just focus on a couple of body parts each time.

Body weight exercises are always easy. I often find an empty conference room and do a few sets of pushups, situps, variations of each. Recently I've been doing more capoeira specific stuff but you get the idea.

I also work in a 26 story building so I tend to integrate climbing the steps with other exercises. Recently I've been walking 5-7 floors - 10-14 flights - and doing a set of some body weight type exercise. It's a killer but I get one or two of those in a day and it feels great since it's too cold to be ouside running or doing all the stuff I do in the summer.

Every time you stand up from your chair, use one leg only. Stick the other out so you get a one-legged squat in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

dont forget the glorious finger tip pushups against the office wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

some of my favorites: bike to work if you can, run the stairs, practice slow linear kicks for balance and muscle burn, hand drills, drill basic or new techniques (i often do them slow and visualize a lot), footwork drills, hold low stances, practice focusing eyes and intent on things far and near, breathing, chi gung, stretches, practice forms if you have a back room or can get outside. i used to love practicing forms etc at lunch but not done this much in recent years, should get back into it...

i readily admit doing these things fall into the 'martial arts geek' catagory, but some of us into MA are sort of 'ADHD' anyway, so might as well get the extra practice in, right ;-)

oh, and if you want to get really hard-core (i havent personally done this), a certain 'guru' known to this board has been known to wear a 30 lb weight vest to work, and throughout most of the day, commuting, etc...