Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sifus choice

Just for your info,
    This lineage: Sifu Desargos who learned from Sifu Puyot, who learned from Stephen laurette who learned from Chiu Leun, Lee Kam Wing and myself.
    Here in the New York group Chiu leun, Myself, Stephen Laurette all know and practice Hung Kuen. In my school I teach both Mantis and Hung Kuen still to those that want to learn them. So no harm in learning it. However, Size doesn't really matter in mantis style. Its an old (and wrong) notion that mantis is for small or skinny guys. I am 6' 240lbs, 52 years old and have no prob with speed or technique or endurance. I don't know if that really answers your queston but the point is that many people practice more than one style.
    http://www.7starmantis.com
    Sifu Carl

You guys are a big help. I ve been taking getting back into the arts seriously. Working on flexability, ever day. One thing about my school is Im paying for lessons like most of you do. SO when your paying you should be able to decide on what type of training you want to receive. I m going to have to impress on Sifu that i want a foundation that i can take with me to Sifu Desargos school when i get transfered. Hope they send me back to SD. When SIfu speaks i really have to listen up. He has an accent that i have to get used to. His english is way better than my chinese, and Vietnamese. HAHA. Rad