Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jet Li gets "Unleashed"

comics one puts out some good stuff too. the chinese comics are a lot different from the japanese ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

OK, this seems to be the movie that was named danny the dog on Jet's website.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Could somebody possibly post a link that is WMV or MPEG? I have security issues that prevent me from downloading QuickTime.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

Quote Originally Posted by mickey
    With Jet Li movies, it always comes down to the choreographer. He works best with Yuen Woo Ping. Corey Yuen's choreography is not as good.
    in at least three films he did it was the writer who concieved the action and the coreographers had trouble duplicating it without wires.

tug: your admin should be able to help you find a comparable player. mine reads qt without difficulty, of course i don't know its name either....

YuanZhideDiZhen,

Corey Yuen also choreograpghed Black Mask. It was a great idea that could have been a classic with better choreography. So far, Yuen WooPing is number one.

mickey

Shaolinlueb et.al.

woah gene. i was only pulling your leg there.
    Sitting directly between Design Sifu and me are literally hundreds of UNLEASHED promotional posters and postcards. There are so many that I can only see DS's shifty eyebrows, when I can usually see down to his belt (not that I'm looking there). We are giving these away through Tiger Claw and MartialArtsMart. To get one through Tiger Claw, go to a Tiger Claw sponsored event and ask at the table (we just got these in today so it'll take hold more next weekend than this weekend.) To get one through MartialArtsMart.com, order something from MartialArtsMart.com that can also fit a poster and we'll send it to you.
    It'll be only while supply lasts.

More to come...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

UNLEASHED benefit

Here we go! See our fundraiser for UNLEASHED at http://www.tigerclawfoundation.org/
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Free Unleashed sneak preview

See our promo thread on the TC media forum.

See Shaolinlueb - told ya there was more to come....
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I predict this movie will blow.

It's basically a rip-off of Conan the Barbarian, which is a masterpiece of modern cinema.

im gonna go watch the sneak showing tonight. Ill post tomorrow maybe.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

i saw unleashed a while back at the sf asian american film festival and i'm really looking forward to seeing it again. i have some issues with the script but whatever. wow those first few minutes took my breadth away, the cinematography, editing, acting, freak fighting. then the drama opens up and really works too. i tell you jet li really nailed the danny character, he totally disappeared inside it. it is a good ride that is for sure. YES imo best western one he's done yet

We're doing our own sneak previews

Forum members can get in free - well, a few of you can anyway - check out our thread on the TC Media forum
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

this one looks good i think.

romeo must die = teh blew
    cradle to the grave = teh blew
    the one = teh blew
    kiss the dragon = teh rocked i think
    this one will rock too. i hear its pretty violent and raw. which is what i love.

wait, didnt one of those guys play in the mario brothers movie?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Morgan Freeman vs. Aliyaah

What makes this film very interesting is Morgan Freeman, coming in hot after his recent Academy award. I like Bob Hoskins too, mostly for Roger Rabbit and Brazil, but he was also oscar nominated. So it's quite a step up from rap stars, and that's grand progress for martial arts films. It might even be considered 'A' grade cinema, like Hero, Crouching Tiger, and House of Flying Daggers. But unlike those films, which were more arty and stylized in the fight scenes, Unleashed looks gritty. Coming in so close on the heels of Kung Fu Hustle, both films could really open up some doors for the kung fu movie genre and that's really exciting. I just hope that it doesn't all get eclipsed by Star Wars (but did I catch Obi Wan using a jianshou with his light saber?)
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips