Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jet Li gets "Unleashed"

Jet Li gets "Unleashed"

Greetings,

I'll ask for free stuff later:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/indepe...unleashed.html

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 01-26-2005 at 04:52 PM.

Unhappy

looks good, hope it doesnt have too many wires.

With Jet Li movies, it always comes down to the choreographer. He works best with Yuen Woo Ping. Corey Yuen's choreography is not as good.

mickey

finally a jet li movie with an actual story. this could b good.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

looks pretty entertaining perhaps it may even be a good english jet li flick? Fingers crossed
    you rockin loud but you ain't sayin nothin

The new link for the Apple site is:
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/focus_...unleashed.html

I'm not sure what to think after watching the trailer ... it is a different twist, to be sure, than his last couple of Hollywood movies. The whole collar thing seems a bit corny to me though, and the fact that there is the whole underground illegal fighting circuit ... seems to be a slight twist on an already beaten to death theme ...
    The Eye Half-Shut:
    Part of the Truth Revealed
    http://rubesroost.blogspot.com

Li Kao,

I agree with you. But I also see it as a slap in the face of Hollywood for not allowing actors Jet Li and Jackie Chan do their own thing. Ever since they started making movies for American backers there has always been this issue of control, symbolized by that collar and the issues of control when it is removed or replaced. Whenever Jackie Chan does an American backed movie and his character's name is not Jackie, I KNOW to stay away from it: he is not calling the shots. I hope this movie unconsciously signals a spiritual/socio-economical return to Asian Cinema.

Then again, I could be so wrong.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 01-29-2005 at 01:02 PM.

Unleashed

The original release date of Unleashed was April 8, but I have it on good authority that this will be postponed until late May. I haven't seen it yet, but I hear tell it is Jet's best acting performance so far. It's not his best action performance. Stay tuned... I may have something very interesting on this very soon...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

**** link at the top doesnt work anymore so here is the right one . i jsut watched it gene, dont hold out. this movie looks hot. H O T hot. not that you could spell it any other way.... oh wait, yes you could, NACHO NINJETTE!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

The new release date

UNLEASHED just got moved back from April 8 to June 24.

Stay tuned.... more to come hopefully...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Re: The new release date

Originally posted by GeneChing
    UNLEASHED just got moved back from April 8 to June 24.

Stay tuned.... more to come hopefully...
    *******, how come YOU DO THAT!. how come gene. i know its you not some hollywood person..............

jk
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

It's not me...

...it IS that Hollywood person. Or people. Until it's a secure deal, I'm not really at liberty to say, and you've not worked with Hollywood. That's got to be one of the craziest industries. Case and point, they just moved the released date for UNLEASED to May 13.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Re: It's not me...

Originally posted by GeneChing
    ...it IS that Hollywood person. Or people. Until it's a secure deal, I'm not really at liberty to say, and you've not worked with Hollywood. That's got to be one of the craziest industries. Case and point, they just moved the released date for UNLEASED to May 13.
    woah gene. i was only pulling your leg there.

Working with Hollywood drives me crazy

I remember when we were working with Comics One and they had this whole promotion set up with Shaolin Soccer, and we all know what happened to that release date. Yikes. Poor Comics One - they're a small company, just down the street from us. It was a great opportunity for them but Miramax crushed their hopes like an old cigarette butt. Anyway, Unleashed is being released by Rogue pictures, who brought us Shaun of the Dead among other things. They have some interesting ideas and have made some proposals, so we'll see. Whether it floats or sinks, I'll let you konw, but not until after the deal goes down.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Interesting movie and concepts.

Reminding me of Beauty and the Beast.