Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: San Shou

Originally posted by lkfmdc
    Dear lord, you are dense aren't you?

I just posted the World Muay Thai Council (located in BANKOK THAILAND) and the Boxing Board of Thailand, when it comes to Muay Thai, that IS the only REAL Thai boxing....
    Oh come on. You think I'm dense and you post this. Muay thai is a traditional art dating back centuries with all kinds of techniques including weapons and yes throws. There are traditional tournements and there are other sport muay thai orginazations even in thai land. that may well be the largest or most recognized governing body but to say it's the only real thai boxing.... forget it ! You win. you know every thing about everything and your always right!

Dude, face it, you talk about things you don't know anything about and when confronted with the facts you act all lame....

you're right, out of 18 lohans, you rank 19th... maybe lower....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Dude, face it, you talk about things you don't know anything about and when confronted with the facts you act all lame....

you're right, out of 18 lohans, you rank 19th... maybe lower....
    First I'm right about the thai boxing thing and second I made a statement about why I don't like san da as much as san shou and you miss quote it , sling insults, tell everyone how full of yourself you are, claim that the rules of the world muay thai council (one orginization)are the official rules of all muay thai in general, sling more insults when I don't except your word as law, and finaly take cheap grade school level shots at a posting name (clever by the way, compaired to the rest of your posts anyway). Do you even know what lame ignorant or dense means?

*gets popcorn and sits back*

19th um Sanda is basically San Shou with knees added and done in a ring. Unless you think San Shou is Muay Thai without knees then you have a point, not a good one, but a point.

I'll assume you are not a Boston San Shou person. If you are we need to talk. If you are not then we should talk.
    "Information is power"

www.Boston-Kickboxing.com

I was watching a thai boxing fight late last year on TV. The standard was profesional with a few less than half the guys fighting being from thailand.

I really couldnt see the differance between what they were doing and san da! One guy was putting in hip throws, catching kicks and sweeping and even grabbing leggs and throwing.

Its only a rule if its enforced.
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

Originally posted by 19thlohan
    First I'm right about the thai boxing thing
    No, you are wrong. The rules of Thai boxing make throws illegal. I've posted the official rules, all you can do is keep jumping up and down and claim you are right... that's why you are both ignorant and dense....

Originally posted by 19thlohan claim that the rules of the world muay thai council (one orginization)are the official rules of all muay thai in general]
    The World Muay Thai Council rules ARE the official rules of the sport... the fact you try to argue otherwise is more evidence you are ignorant and dense...

Might was well try to argue that "boxing" isn't the WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO or NABF but instead is the rules you use in your matches in your back yard

Originally posted by 19thlohan
    I don't except your word as law

[/B]
    I posted the exact rules, the exact paragraphs and sub chapters and the text of the rules... and you just try and say "I'm right" with no evidence

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

The World MuayThai Council Rules (WMC, 1995)
    section 18 (the section that outlines foul and strikes violating the rules)
    rule 18.2 wrestling, back or arm locks or any similar judo or wrestling hold are illegal.

Board of Boxing Sport Rules (Sport Authority of Thailand, 2002)
    rule 16.2 states that, throwing, back breaking, locking opponents arms, using Judo and wrestling techniquesare all violations of the rules.

The Amateur MuayThai Association of Thailand, the Federation of Amateur MuayThai of Asia, and the International Federation of MuayThai Amateurs rules for Amateur MuayThai competition include rule 17 b (2) a throw on an opponent, a back breaking manoeuvre, an intentional fall over, a judo or wrestling throw to an opponent are fouls.

The following judo and wrestling moves are fouls (Board of Boxing Sport, 2002):

a) A boxer wraps his leg around the leg of their opponent from the inside or the outside and forces their opponent to the floor.
    b) A boxer locks an opponents neck and executes a hip to shoulder or hip throw
    c) A boxer grabs their opponents hip in a waist lock and throws using a hip throw
    d) A boxer grabs an opponents arm, turns and uses their calf and back of their thigh (hamstring muscle group) to sweep an opponent’s legs from under them.
    e) A boxer grabs an opponent and falls backward to throw their opponent
    f) A boxer attempts a rugby style tackle on the legs and waist of an opponent
    g) A boxer grabs their opponents waist from behind, then, placing a leg between their opponent’s legs, pulls their opponent backwards over their leg and hip
    h) A boxer grabs their opponent from below the waist, lifting and throwing
    i) A boxer catches their opponents leg and uses their other arm to push them off balance while taking more than two steps
    j) A boxer catches their opponents leg and uses their calf muscle to trip/sweep an opponent off their feet
    k) A boxer ankle trips their opponent
    l) A boxer leg sweeps their opponent using the calf or inside of their foot
    m) A boxer traps their opponents arms in a waist lock, lifts their opponent and throws
    n) A boxer grabs an opponent from behind, lifts and throws
    o) A boxer grabs around an opponents lower spine and hyper-extends their back in a back breaking move

Go ahead, cite something that backs up YOUR argument....

What are the rules to san shou and san da?

LOL, for a guy who acted a minute ago like he knew everything, suddenly you seem, well, IGNORANT of a lot of the facts....

LOL, for a guy who acted a minute ago like he knew everything, suddenly you seem, well, IGNORANT of a lot of the facts....
    I asked to make a point and that was an awfully evasive answer for a guy who acted like he knew everything a minute ago.

to make what point, that you don't know what you are talking about? Well, you've made that point already...

The rules of both San Shou and San Da allow almost every form of throw or takedown, the only two exceptions are you can't drive someone onto their neck and you can't throw them off the lei tai or out of the ring, compare those rules to the many restrictions on throwing in Muay Thai....

Just admit you are wrong, stop trying to act clever, it isn't working....

to make what point, that you don't know what you are talking about? Well, you've made that point already...

The rules of both San Shou and San Da allow almost every form of throw or takedown, the only two exceptions are you can't drive someone onto their neck and you can't throw them off the lei tai or out of the ring, compare those rules to the many restrictions on throwing in Muay Thai....

Just admit you are wrong, stop trying to act clever, it isn't working....
    You don't have a complete list of rules for the style you teach and promote?

for the rocket scientist

I'm assuming you don't read Chinese (heck, you barely read ENGLISH!)....

In English

http://www.iwuf.org/rules/rules_of_Sanshou_Chinese.doc

http://www.angelfire.com/sd2/kingofsanda/ksdrules.html

Re: for the rocket scientist

I'm assuming you don't read Chinese (heck, you barely read ENGLISH!)....

In English

http://www.iwuf.org/rules/rules_of_Sanshou_Chinese.doc

http://www.angelfire.com/sd2/kingofsanda/ksdrules.html
    More cheap insults, you're so clever.

So if you don't follow the rules at link one your not doing san shou and if you don't follow the rules at link two your not doing san da?