Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A good day

Originally posted by fa_jing
    My 1RM is higher for bench than it is for squat
    This is typical for people who started training upper body before legs. For my first months of weight lifting when I was just learning I didn't really ever do legs. Then one day I was like um I need to start squatting. For a while my bench was higher than my squat, but now I'm all caught up again and my squat is much higher, like it should be.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Nah, I've been training lower body alot harder for longer and feel the lower body is stronger and looks bigger than the upper body. I'm just kinda good at benching and kinda bad at squatting. The style of squatting I'm doing now I probably haven't been doing for too long, but I haven't been benching for much longer. I do feel that my squat will catch up. I've locked out and walked out 315 from a low rack and it doesn't feel like all that much on my shoulders, but I know if I held 315 in my hands in a bench lockout I'd be crying.

Regarding what I said about not being able to stand up with what I can rack jerk, I meant I can't make the recovery from the clean, not the recovery from the jerk. So I can't do a full clean and jerk with what I can rack jerk or catch in the bottom of a clean. Squat needs work.

Iron, I understand about it not being the best time, but hope to see ya out there.

I had a good day Saturday - my wife came out with me and joined the gym, and with her watching me, I knocked out a PR of 6 reps DL @335. I switched the grip so the other hand was up and that seemed to help. My posterior chain is fried today in a good way.

I weigh between 195-200. I don't have visible abs, but I do have visible lower back muscles. I'm going to try to trade beer for creatine between now and the event and see what happens.

My posterior chain is fried today in a good way.
    So was mine all weekend.
    ... I do have visible lower back muscles.
    My lower back is like a rock from squats and DL.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

I had a good day Saturday - my wife came out with me and joined the gym, and with her watching me, I knocked out a PR of 6 reps DL @335.
    If only we could bottle and market this as a supplement!
    Train Smart, Train Hard & Enjoy Every Minute Of It.

Kung Fu & Personal Training: ABActive.com

Yeah dude my goal is to get to a 2x bw DL for the event. Not very good relatively speaking, but that would be a PR for me. Plus I'm just doing it for the experience. I don't really care if I win or not.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.