Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: I love you limey *******s!

OT: I love you limey *******s!

Thanks to the sheer anal-retentive thoroughness of your culture, I have hit upon a heap of useful information for my master's thesis.

I love each and every one of you miserable pasty gits and owe you all pints.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Meanwhile, Ap is tied up in a basement somewhere, sobbing and quietly praying that MP actually feeds him before the next round of "loving"....
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

I'm afraid to ask but, What's your thesis on Mr. Malkovich?
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Terrorist Maritime Enterprises and how to get at them.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

git?

Re: OT: I love you limey *******s!

Originally posted by Merryprankster
    Thanks to the sheer anal-retentive thoroughness of your culture, I have hit upon a heap of useful information for my master's thesis.
    Yeah well it rains all the time. What else are we gonna do?
    'In the woods there is always a sound...In the city aways a reflection.'

'What about the desert?'

'You dont want to go into the desert'

- Spartan

Actually MP I just found out that Jason Burke (author of 'Al qaeda..the true story of radical islam) trains kickboxing at the same place as my BJJ class...youve read his book right?

'What about the desert?'

- Spartan

NF,

No, I haven't. Terrorism, AQ, the middle east are very popular subjects right now so I'm sure there's all kinds of literature (of varying quality) that I've not gotten to.

To be honest, it's all starting to sound the same - proof I've sort of mined it out.

What's his principle thesis?

"We could move to England...all we'd have to worry about is drive by debating."

"Oh Nigel!.....I DISAGREE!"
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Actually, it's home invasions you need to worry about, as the Brit subjects have no right to defend themselves.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

Originally posted by Merryprankster
    What's his principle thesis?
    In brief

That ALQ is not an ideologically uniform top down hierachal structure that will evaporate once the leadership is killed/arrested.

Instead it is a loose network of networks which if it ever did exist in any identifiable form would be between 1996 - 2001.

That Bin Ladens primary role is as figure head/facillitator rather than commander per se. That many of the ALQ attributed terrorist acts since the end of Afghan war were in fact developed planned and carried out by independant cells, often with local agendas but who recieved either basic training, logistical support or funds from Bin Laden.

Also gives very good history of Islam and middle east: Post Colonialism, Pan Arabian Nationalism, Political Islam, Radical Islam militancy and finally local issues such as Kashmir, Algerian civil war, Afghan/soviet conflict, Bosnia etc.

'What about the desert?'

- Spartan

git

n : a person who is deemed to be despicable or contemptible; "only a rotter would do that"; "kill the rat"; "throw the bum out"; "you cowardly little pukes!"; "the British call a contemptible person a `git'" [syn: rotter, dirty dog, rat, skunk, stinker, stinkpot, bum, puke, crumb, lowlife, scum bag, so-and-so]

see also, icthyological species of Scotland.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

NF,

Fairly standard stuff. Not to disparage his work, mind you, but yeah, that sounds about right.

However, he needs to remember that there IS such a thing as "AQ." Members have taken a personal oath of fealty to UBL. It's sort of the "A" team of international Islamic Terrorism.

Originally posted by MonkeySlap Too
    Actually, it's home invasions you need to worry about, as the Brit subjects have no right to defend themselves.
    No we do. Its just that English Law contains this weird test of 'Force that is (objectively) reasonable and proportionate to the threat as you (subjectively) believed it to be'. So gunning down an unarmed 16 year old boy for breaking into your farm isnt considered reasonable or proportionate. Strange isnt it?

'What about the desert?'

- Spartan