Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Red's BLOG!!!!!!!

ok, I figured out why tuesday night was such a ****ty night for training. I'm sick!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRR

I spent last night resting, had to go fill out paperwork for the new apartment anyway.

I sucked it up this morning though, got up and hit the nordic track for 20 minutes. I didn't want to over do it so I just went for 20 minutes. Also did:

120 pushups

20 minutes of Pilates.

I feel pretty good at the moment and I think if I just keep drinking water I should be ok for class tonight.

Ok, all of this workout stuff is all fine and dandy. And you were sick blah blah blah. I want to hear more about "this hot chick from the U of M."
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

lol! She's this cute little blonde chick from the U of M club who shows up about once a week at my school in cottage grove. She's a good looking nordic babe with strawberry blonde hair. The sweet thing about capoeira is you get boob and ass shots all the time because the pants ride low and your upside down all the time

Originally posted by red5angel
    lol! She's this cute little blonde chick from the U of M club who shows up about once a week at my school in cottage grove. She's a good looking nordic babe with strawberry blonde hair. The sweet thing about capoeira is you get boob and ass shots all the time because the pants ride low and your upside down all the time
    Wow, I might check out my local Capoeira school. I could handle some boob and ass shots.

LOL!

Seriously though man, in all the martial arts I've participated in, Capoeira has the highest percentage of hot chicks I've ever seen! First of all they HAVE to be in shape since you platuea really quick if you aren't. Second it isn't as "aggressive" as some other arts, it has a playful side I think helps chicks to not feel so intimidated. I'm not saying all chicks get intimidated by the martial arts, just saying that I know plenty who don't attend class long or just don't go because they do feel intimidated. They could also be intimidated cause it looks like I have two rolls of quarters in my pants.

ok, this fukking sucks ass. I got sick last wednesday, sat around from that point all the way until this past tuesday. Felt a bit better tuesday so I went to class, woke up yesterday with a sore fukking throat and now it's all swollen and sore as ****!

Fukk.

So I went to clas son tuesday and had a pretty good one, although a little winded from being sick the last 5 days or so. however now I'm sick again so I'll be doing nothing except eating and sleeping until saturday an d we'll see how it goes form there.

Hang in there man and just take it easy. Look at this as the perfect time to watch some kung fu movies.

I was feeling a little run down over the weekend and I watched, Super Cop with Jackie Chan, The Once Upon a Time in China Trilogy with Jet Li and Legend of the Drunken Master with Jackie Chan.

tonight I plan on watching a few movies, a new Masterkiller movie I just got and Saving Private Ryan, then I'm gonna go to bed early.

The good news Chief is that I got to play with the hot blonde again I did a lot better this time and managed to keep up, however she got kicked really hard in the side of the face by a fellow student just after we got done drilling together. It was the kind of shot that everyone hears and brings all the training in the room to a dead halt! She hung around class and iced it the rest of the time though so it's all good. also a couple of my middle toes are black and blue. I was trying a sweep, called rasteira (pronounced hahsteyda) and insted of hooking the ankle I ended up kicking the ankle! OUCH!

Why not give the hot blonde a call just to check on her as a concerned class mate . See how her jaw is doing if you know what I mean. Could lead to some more play time.

LOL! Well I would have to assume that my wife wouldn't apporve of those extra-cirricular activities!

Quote Originally Posted by red5angel
    LOL! Well I would have to assume that my wife wouldn't apporve of those extra-cirricular activities!
    Oops! Yeah, she probably wouldn't like that. Bad idea. Maybe just go with the movie watching plan instead.

I cna't remember when I posted last. Last thursday I came down with a pretty nasty fever and sore throat. Needless to say, I laid around all weekend doing a whole lot of nothing but coughing..
    I'm feeling a little better today finally but the weekend was miserable. I'm taking a lesson or two away from this past months worth of sickness and slacking off.

1) no more slacking off midwinter. Obviously my body can't handle it, but especially when there's a ton of crap going around. Last year I worked out hard and consistantly all winter and never got sick. This year I took a couple of weeks off around christmas and since then it's been in and out of one cold or another.

2) I miss training. I'm approaching this whole thing as an oppurtunity to start over. I'm resting for the next few days just to make sure I fully recover. after that I'll ease back into it. I own't be attending class until next week but I plan on starting pilates and some basic body weight stuff again by thursday.

ok, this is the first day I really feel like I'm starting to recover. for the sake of not backsliding or catching something else, I'm going to take it easy until monday. No working out for me this weekend except maybe a pushup or two and some situps or something from time to time. Monday, I start fresh!

Lots of R & R dude and dont forget to eat tons of fresh fruit, veg and water. You'll be fighting fit in no time.

I also find that Chi Kung or Tai Chi helps. Is it possible that you could do your forms in a Tai Chi manner ???

Just my thoughts and suggestions

Get Well Soon

JM

Get some rest Red and come back strong on monday. I've stayed pretty healthy for most of the winter and I'm giving the credit to Baby carrots. I love those things and they're jam packed full of vitamin A.