Thread: Latest nutritional news

Talking Latest nutritional news

For those of you who watch what you eat ... here's the FINAL word on nutrition and health.
    It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting medical studies.
    1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the Aussies, British or Americans.
    2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the Aussies, British or Americans.
    3. The Japanese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than the Aussies, British or Americans.
    4. The Italians drink excessive amounts of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than the Aussies, British or Americans.
    5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than the Aussies, British or Americans.
    CONCLUSION:

Eat and drink what you like.

Speaking English is apparently what kills you.
    ::grin::

I use to have no idea what to eat. But now I do because it's all about food combinations.

Everyone should eat food combinations, so that way you can eat whatever you want. It's just the combinations of how you put the food together. You can eat whatever you want!

Ok, like you wouldn't want to eat like... steak and say... potatoes ...together. BUT... you could have like, a lemon rind and raisin skins. Not the whole raisin! You have to take the skins and steam them.

You can eat whatever you want.

Hope this helps clear some things up.
    Last edited by mossman; 02-01-2005 at 02:28 PM.

I tell you what though, I have rediscovered the importance of eating right. I am in a nutrition class and tonight the instructor said something along the lines of exercise being 75% of the equation for being healthy and lean.

Food is much more important! I ate like crap for the last week and a half and I felt depressed, irritable, lethargic.. Today I ate my damn veggies and I feel great.

lol thats really good

Eat smaller portions, more often. Eat fresh, eat unprocessed, eat your vegies and fruit. Avoid too much saturated/trans fat and sugar. Avoid too much red meat. Eat fish. Enjoy alcohol occasionally in small amounts. Treat yourself once in a while to something "bad" for you. Get enough sleep.

Exercise regularly.

It all sounds like common sense, huh?

Well, d'uh!
    Train Smart, Train Hard & Enjoy Every Minute Of It.

Kung Fu & Personal Training: ABActive.com

I heard in my nutrition class today that it's deadly to eat more than 60 grams of protein per kilogram of bodymass.

The professors words: "How do you break muscle tissue down? You exercise. How do you build it back up? You exercise again."

I almost walked out of the class at that.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Hmm. So 4,680 grams of protein would kill me? What in a day? In a week? I reckon I could do a 5kg steak if I had 24 hours! Wouldn't kill me, but it sure wouldn't do me any good.

Now, that much every day? That'd kill ya!
    Train Smart, Train Hard & Enjoy Every Minute Of It.

Kung Fu & Personal Training: ABActive.com

Originally posted by Mo Lung
    Hmm. So 4,680 grams of protein would kill me? What in a day? In a week? I reckon I could do a 5kg steak if I had 24 hours! Wouldn't kill me, but it sure wouldn't do me any good.

Now, that much every day? That'd kill ya!
    Maybe. That's 18,720 calories from protein alone
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Originally posted by Vash
    The professors words: "How do you break muscle tissue down? You exercise. How do you build it back up? You exercise again."

I almost walked out of the class at that.
    Wait, you didn't know that?

::trying to contain laughter::

htf did your teacher become a teacher?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.