Thread: more on fatigue

more on fatigue

There is a good thread on fatigue on the russbo forum now...

www.russbo.com

forum/library > shaolin community services > Doc's Hospital: The Health Forum...
    Working Out...? (biocahem.....
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Doc seems pretty solid. I'd only disagree with fact that lactic acid causes the burning sensation in muscles. Just going by that one thread, he comes off badly.

OK, well, I'm not sure how current he keeps on these things, as I think he is fairly on the retired side now when it comes to being a doctor. I just thought it would be a good read. There are some other excelent threads over there too.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Problem is, Eyebrows is there and I'd find myself arguing minutiae with her again if I started posting much there. I only had 2 posts there and already got into a PM argument with her.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

aye, i feel sorry for doc. he's a good guy and i wouldn't ever wish bl upon him, but i compare it to when the seattle mariners had bobby ayala pitching for them in relief. sure, i felt sorry for the expos when they picked ayala up when the Ms dropped him, but the dude sucked more wang than a fusion-powered wang-sucking machine. i was just happy he was no longer blowing saves for seattle.*

* for those aussies who don't know, a save in baseball is when a backup pitcher comes in for relief of the starting pitcher and has a lead of three or fewer runs, and completes the game without allowing the other team to tie the game or (re)gain the lead. a blown save is when someone ****s up and lets the other team take the lead. it's usually done by walking the first couple batters, then throwing some lunchmeat pitch to the other team's player who most resembles a neanderthal -- a player who swings at said lunchmeat pitch and sends it into orbit. around neptune.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

*Fights the glazing eyes and tries really hard to understand rub's baseball analogy*

Sorry rub, no offence, but American sports suck. Too many timeouts. No such thing as timeouts in Australian sports.

But I get the analogy. I'm relieved too. She seems to have found a home over there though - I've read a couple of threads and despite some minor bull****, no-one's jumping on her about it. They're much more tolerant over there - hippies . She's not raving as badly as she was just pre-ban over here though.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

aye, baseball is incredibly slow, but it has a certain strategic charm. the more you know about it, the more you like it, as opposed to pro basketball, which pretty much died the same year pat riley stopped coaching in los angeles. i love american football (with the exception of a few well-known *******s who play wide receiver -- no pun intended). the action/stop/action/stop nature of it also gives the average midwesterner a chance to keep up, as their minds get a rest period between plays.

european football always bored me. american football is like boxing, in which lots of scoring happens over the course of a good fight. contrast this with european football, which is like a tae kwon do match, in which nothing happens for what seems like eons until someone gets lucky and inadvertently tags the other guy, then you go back to another 25 minutes of dancing around.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Mm. I don't like any of your sports. I remember waaay back in maybe 98 when we were in Denver airport flying out to Aspen and they delayed the plane for the superbowl. There was about 5min on the clock - no worries we thought. That 5min took about 30min of actual time with all the timeouts and crap . Aussie rules football and rugby union for me. Then again (speaking of slow sports) I like cricket in the summer so I can't really say anything.

wuss.

That 5min took about 30min of actual time with all the timeouts and crap
    you should (or shouldn't) watch a pro basketball game that's within, say, 10 points in the last two minutes. if any team has any chance in hell, they'll use the clock like a novelty wife uses the pool boy. i've seen around 45 seconds of clock time take at least 15 minutes to finish out. considering i had no interest in the game, only in the game that they were going to switch to once the first one was done, i was mightily ****ed.
    Last edited by rubthebuddha; 02-03-2005 at 08:46 AM.

Originally posted by Toby
    Aussie rules football and rugby union for me. Then again (speaking of slow sports) I like cricket in the summer so I can't really say anything.
    Aussie rules.... RULES!!! Has to be the BEST version of football eva!! Kinda like the action of a basketball game over a much larger field using the funny shaped 'ball'.
    The only team sport I'll actually watch on TV, really. I have a tendancy to watch one-on-one type sports over team sports.

OK, well another one bites the dust....

lol, I like american football.. I think the speed of the game when they are playing is amazing. I find myself on fox sports watching those crazy ass ausies smash each other from time to time too....
    practice wu de