Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The best kungfu instructor/master you trained under

The best kungfu instructor/master you trained under

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you had chance or maybe trains on regular basis with some of the best kungfu instructors/masters there are.
    If yes who are they ( names please) ? What impressed you really in their skills? was it speed? or iron body conditioning or maybe something else ? please share your experiences.

I know David Ross aka lkfma trained Chan TaiSan ( BTW great thread about him here).
    If I am not mistaken Mo Lung is from Sydney,Australia and trains Chen Family ChoyLeeFut - so maybe Mo Lund you train under Chen Yongfa ?if yes what impresses you in training with him?

I would be greatful if you guys could share your impressions on traing with kungfu greats.

I had chance to train under a few good masters both in CMA and other MA but the people who impressed me the most were in CMA Chen Yongfa ( I was on seminar with him ) - my impressions after several hours of trainig with him ? Not very big guy, very fast, accurate, great knowledge, very energetic, stroong voice for a small guy and very ,very humble.
    Other great master I had chance to train under was Tair Narimanov - jujitsu expert from Moscow. Also great knowledge about MA in general, very, very technical, does grapppling and throws almost effortlessly, sparrs and competes evene though he pushes 40.Great guy.

I look forward to your answers

Zaveesha
    "Si vis pacem , para bellum" - Wanna peace, get ready for a war. - My message

"Right or wrong, my country!" - My weakness

"Wein, Weib und Gesang" - My passion

"Dobroye bratstvo — luchsheye bogatstvo " - Good brothership is the better wealth - My experiance

" A mas dolor, mas honor " - The more danger , the more honor - My vision

Without a doubt Master David Bond Chan (http://www.chan-internal-martial-arts.com/)

I remember playing with one of his students (who was in his forties) who bested me quite easily. I could have thought he got lukcy. I could have thought he was faster. I new he was doing something better.

Upon meeting my master I chi saud with him and was simply flabergasted .... he does things I haven't seen done before. I know people will say, well, maybe you just trained with $hitty teachers. But I have to say, I've actually trained with some quite good teachers. Master Chan is different.

For those into lineage, his Ba Gua lineage couldn't be much better. His Tai Ji comes from Yang Lu Chan (studied with someone who's father studied under him but was only an inner door student, not the heir so doesn't advertise this) and his Hsing-I is pretty well known already. He is also known for his stick work. (http://www.chusaulei.com/martial/art...lungfumun.html)

In the end though, my master's personality and system just fits me really well. I believe in it because I know it works. I feel the benefits everyday. I have grown a lot as a fighter (actually dare to enter the ring now) and as a person. I have recently discovered what "internal" really means and its fantastic. My mind is much more clear now and things seem very obvious.

That's about it. I highly recomend anyone passing through NYC pay him a visit. He's a very nice man and quite generous with his treasure.

Grandmaster Chee Kim Thong and his son. Undoubtedly two of the best martial artists I have ever had the pleasure to personally train with.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Other than my teachers in my style (whom I regard highly) I've had the opportunity to work with Jake Burroughs (mei hua tang lang), Jim Smyer (Pong Lai), and Chad Myers (hung sing choy lee fut).
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

i dont go around taking too many seminars and such. but i have trained with other teachers. i like my current sifu the best sifu lisandro vega, and my first sifu kevin ritter is a close 2nd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

For me the Master of our School: Master Liu De Ming (5th gen linage holder Liu He Zi Ran Men)

Also Grandmaster Liu Jing Ru who took some seminars in Australia on Liu He Praying Mantis, Bagua, Xing Yi. He was about 80 and he was just awsome.
    Earlier this year we had his number one disciple out who was alot younger, Master Han. He was just like stone and it was fun to watch him show all the applications as you could tell this was all stuff he had used not just drilled.

Thumbs up

Liu Jing Ru is the student of Dang Xiang Ling.

Dang Xiang Ling is classmate of Liu Yun Qiao.

Their teacher is Ding Tzi Cheng.

This is the linage of Liu He Tang Lang.

Liu Jing Ru also studied Cheng Ting Hua's Ba Gua.

Cheng is the best and favorite student of Dong Hai Zhuan.

You are lucky to meet Liu Jing Ru in person.

Most of my teachers were in the services, Army, police etc.

Lessee . . .

ATA suxord.

Trained with a man by the name of Mike Green. Short dude. Obscenely powerful, exceptionally strong. Taught what he called tae kwon do mixed with street fighting. We worked out ina the warehouse of his employ, Bradshaw Supplies. Ended up, his son and I were the only children training. So, I sparred with several adults, and his son, who was both older and much more experienced/bigger/better than me.

Full contact stuff ('course, I was 11, 12 at the time, so I don't think the adults were busting my chops too hard - except for this one time, when i got kicked up against the wall [brick])/ I went home many a night with black eyes and ringing ears.
    it's because of his teaching style that I can more fully explore my Isshinryu. He was, and is still, a guiding force in my training.

Current instructor in Isshinryu, Reece Sullivan. One bad hombre. Excellent fighter. Excellent person. I have a lot of love and respect for the man. He's done a lot to help me.

Without these two trainers, I wouldn't be jack squat.

I'd still be pretty, just wouldn't be able to fight.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Yeah he is known as much for his Bagua as he is the Mantis stuff. Our Master, Master Liu De Ming is good friends with the Grandmaster and when the school goes on tours in China the Grandmaster hosts us.
    It was great to see the Grandmaster in action, my Sifu did a few drills with him and he said when he got hit it was like being hit with a hot knife.
    On the flip side though his disciple Master Han was just like watching a young version of the Grandmaster, just amazing and he also taught the Bagua while out here.

Re: The best kungfu instructor/master you trained under

Originally posted by Zaveesha
    Hi guys,

I know David Ross aka lkfma trained Chan TaiSan ( BTW great thread about him here).
    you might want to re-read it and fix this sentence.

sorry for mistakes

hi,

I am sorry for the error - of course David Ross trained UNDER Chan TaiSan not vice versa (one word and the things look so much different )

I also sorry for calling Mo Lung -Mo Lund .

thanks for replies guys - maybe some more?
    "Si vis pacem , para bellum" - Wanna peace, get ready for a war. - My message

"Right or wrong, my country!" - My weakness

"Wein, Weib und Gesang" - My passion

"Dobroye bratstvo — luchsheye bogatstvo " - Good brothership is the better wealth - My experiance

" A mas dolor, mas honor " - The more danger , the more honor - My vision

Luo Dexiu.

Re: The best kungfu instructor/master you trained under

Originally posted by Zaveesha

If I am not mistaken Mo Lung is from Sydney,Australia and trains Chen Family ChoyLeeFut - so maybe Mo Lund you train under Chen Yongfa ?if yes what impresses you in training with him?
    You're not mistaken. My Sifu is simply the most effective, knowledgable and able martial artist I have ever known, and I've been training a long time with several different teachers. Master Chan is not only a great martial artist, but a great teacher and a great man. I'm very lucky indeed.
    Train Smart, Train Hard & Enjoy Every Minute Of It.

Kung Fu & Personal Training: ABActive.com

Frank Allen, best instructor I have had in 20 years of martial arts training.

Grandmaster William Cheung (Traditional Wing Chun kung fu).