Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: li peng 05 shaolin competition?

Zhang Lipeng

I just got a call from Zhang Lipeng. He just got back from his first trip back to Shaolin in about a decade. He was shocked at the changes. I was shocked at the changes from last year to this year so I can imagine what it must be like after that long.

Anyway, we talked a lot about the tournament. He does want to hold it again since he's been getting such nice feedback from all of you. Keep it up to encourage him if you want to see another. He's looking into a location and a date - probably late July . I reminded him about Jimmy Wong's Taiji Legacy, which would certainly affect the participation of the Houston monks, and he said he was already aware of their date and would do it just before or just after. Just like last year. He's very busy now with another project, but he seemed pretty committed to doing it again. He said he'd let me know as soon as he has something more definate.

Ready for another Shaolin summer gathering? It'd be so fun to see you all there and then again at Taiji Legacy. That was fun last year...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Of course it was, I was there.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

bad news guys from me

it either taiji legacy this year for me
    or shaolin li peng competition...one or the other

i cant decide which one...espchially if they both are held in july..i can only attend one...since i have work..cant really take off too many days from work u know...

and i cant decide which one to go to..sigh..i really wanna go to both....i wanna go to taiji legacy cuz it been 2-3 years since the last time i went..but i stil want to go to new jersey to help support the shaolin community..sigh...such a hard decision...

feedback from yall would be great to help me decide which one to go to
    or gene help convince lipeng and push the date ****her..=)

dude taiji legacy is on a sat man. houston is close enough where you can drive its only the weekend. im gonna try to make it to TJL this year too. the shaolin tournament would be fun. i have some promises to keep
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

okie dude
    i work on weekends too
    master demonstration and opening ceremony is in the morning....so that would mean i have to get up and drive around 2 am saturday morning..and be all tired for the competition..be very pointless to compete then..cuz i be too tired from driving..so i would need to leave on friday and get alteast one good nite sleep..so i would need to take off fri and sat..i cant do that and then take off thurs fri sat and monday for li peng also..nope..too much in one month for me

Talking I feel your pain, haha...

Yeah, I work a lot of weekends too man, it sucks, ha.

(Hey, by the way, how the hell do I put a custom avatar on here? I checked the avatar section, and all I could choose is either 2 pre-made avatars or not anything at all. )
    Last edited by MeatTosser; 02-26-2005 at 09:49 PM.
    As always, stay strong, and keep an open mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Pk_StyLeZ
    okie dude
    i work on weekends too
    master demonstration and opening ceremony is in the morning....so that would mean i have to get up and drive around 2 am saturday morning..and be all tired for the competition..be very pointless to compete then..cuz i be too tired from driving..so i would need to leave on friday and get alteast one good nite sleep..so i would need to take off fri and sat..i cant do that and then take off thurs fri sat and monday for li peng also..nope..too much in one month for me

get a doctors note and take it off. he should do it in august. that wouldnt be too bad. like mid august.
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Shaolin vs. Taiji

That's a tough call, Pk_StyLeZ. I'm not sure which I would choose if I was forced. Jimmy throws a great event - one of the biggest. Lipeng's is more select of our lineage. My work demands that I go to the bigger event, just because I have to 'show face' and all. But if I didn't work here and had to choose, I'd probably support the event that I felt needed more support, which would be Lipeng's of course, since it's smaller and more secular.

MeatTosser- I'm still getting familiar with the new admin and haven't got to the avatars yet, so I don't know how to answer your question.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Ha, no problem Gene, thanks anyway.
    As always, stay strong, and keep an open mind...

remember cheap hotel and bar. well we can always go into NYC gene.

oh and tell me about the cardio kick boxing with the chinese girls in pink bra's. take lots of pics too :P

i decided..i ama be in dallas
    even though i really want to continue supporting li peng to help it get bigger..but i want to try somewhere new this year..so im going to dallas
    but my school is still going to be in at li peng though..just no me..=(
    o wellz gotta do wat i gotta do

Quote Originally Posted by Pk_StyLeZ
    i decided..i ama be in dallas
    even though i really want to continue supporting li peng to help it get bigger..but i want to try somewhere new this year..so im going to dallas
    but my school is still going to be in at li peng though..just no me..=(
    o wellz gotta do wat i gotta do
    Nice

see you there.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Quote Originally Posted by norther practitioner
    Nice

see you there.

i might see you too

see you all if my broke @ss can afford it.

For some reason or the other not alot of eagle claw people were at Legacy lst year, but there was a ton of us at Scrima's in July... I guess there's no way of knowing.
    My sifu hasn't decided wether or not to take the school to florida to compete this time around and texas is iffy cause it's more expensive. If anything there'll probably be a few rogue students here and there.
    I'd want to check out lipeng but, that's not gonna happen this year.