Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting Lion Dance Training

Originally posted by BMore Banga

Tail's supposed to be a more advanced student than the head, traditionally.
    Is that what they told you to get the big guy in the back?

Good comments on tail and head. The "bent" thing we call, "Don't be a camel"

To early to tell you what to expect other then a great work out. And depending on the shows, a good way to bond with the si-hing/dai.

Let us know how it goes.

Originally posted by hasayfu
    Is that what they told you to get the big guy in the back?
    LOL I think it was more to keep us from bucking the tiny little guys off when they were standing on our shoulders. LOL
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

umm scratch that earlier comment about me leaving LOl...
    after a year away, they were gracious enough to take me back...
    still not 100% sure i can get sportfighting out of my system; so I'm kinda plannin to do that on the down-low (formally under Khun Kao Charuad and Kru Danny)...

Kinda crazy that my first day back after being gone a year saw me playing head more than I ever had in a single event.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Thanks for the replies.

A lot of fun! Hard work but fun.

Im not dire but lets just say that as a dancer i'm a great cymbal player.
    Mike: I dressed up as an old Isralie woman once.

Tim: Did you?

Mike: I didn't HAVE too.
    Spaced

I've found my lion dancing coach puts us through the ringer conditioning wise more than any of my martial arts teachers ever have. I think i am personally the strongest i've ever been because of it. I absolutely love lion dance training, not to mention performing. I'm the head, so i get to shove the head in kids faces and make them cry
    Bless you