Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What, nothing on the Elections?

What, nothing on the Elections?

There's an election going on. Seems to be going alright so far...

For all the Bush haters out there, for all the posters who think it is clever to spell Republican with a triple “k”, I have a challenge for all of you. For one day, less probably by the time you hear of this, devote some of that energy to wishing success to the people of Iraq in this election. Forget for one day your raging anger and calls for us to abandon Iraq. It’s not going to happen, and for this single day we could use your support. You can resume your attacks on the Administration on Monday.
    Last edited by ZIM; 01-30-2005 at 12:57 PM.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Re: What, nothing on the Elections?

Originally posted by ZIM
    Forget for one day your raging anger and calls for us to abandon Iraq. It’s not going to happen.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Those who voted and put their life on the line by doing so deserve a thread.
    Last edited by BM2; 01-30-2005 at 05:59 PM.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Terrorist actually scored 40+ kills, but Iraqi people scored in the millions...

And I think you should have your feet nailed to the ground for another political thread.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Re: Re: What, nothing on the Elections?

Originally posted by Vash
    Now now. That's no attitude to have. Never doubt what this day means to Iraqis.

They're justifiably proud, I'd say.

And I think you should have your feet nailed to the ground for another political thread.
    This isn't really a political thread. This is happiness for them.
    -Thos. Zinn

-McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Let's not forget the men and women that gave all for this day to happen.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

I am truly happy for the people. I wish them nothing but good.

However, I mourn for those who've passed, I fear for my friends in harms way, and I loathe the "men" who put them there.

I think it is a great thing and hope to see them united with the Arab community and discharging the Americans. IT is high time for the regions of the world to start calling their shots and not having to deal with outside influence. We are seeing great things from independence in South America and many great developments from the Middle East! Soon much of the world may resemble the structure of the European Union. Not that they are perfect but as an integrated regional entity, there is no comparison.

I belive that the next thing to look towards is social development and advancement for certain regions within the first world and a similar entity beginning in Africa.
    A unique snowflake

However, I mourn for those who've passed, I fear for my friends in harms way, and I loathe the "men" who put them there.
    Your friends signed on to serve, that's their job by choice. I have had several people that I know die over there as contractors so I'm not trying to be harsh .
    Last edited by rogue; 01-30-2005 at 07:33 PM.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Originally posted by rogue
    Your friends signed on to serve, that's their job by choice. I have had several people that I know die over there as contractors so I'm not trying to be harsh .
    Indeed they did. And they are some brave and tough sumsabiches. I don't know that I could fight a war I didn't believe in.

But they serve, a few because they love the service of their country, a few because they signed on a long time ago and didn't get out in time, and a few because they wanted to go to Iraq to help out their brothers, their troops.

Bless every single man and woman serving. They do more than I am willing, so that I can have the option of being unwilling.

And bless the people of Iraq and Afghanistan. May they find peace, and keep it.

This day- January 30th- lent meaning to their deaths, Vash.

This day was also a milestone for the eventual return of your friends.

This day- January 30th & its events- means that your friends come home in honor, not defeat.

Had this day not occured, the deaths of many, Allied and civilian, would count for nothing.

I'm not asking for a reply, but I sure wish you'd give that some thought.
    -Thos. Zinn

-McGuffey's Reader

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

I agree.

There are political aspects of the Iraq affair which scare me. And I wish my friends, and all those in America's Service, safety. Truly, great people.

LOL, I truely wish the Iraqi's peace. We'll see who is installed after the votes are counted. But I would remind you that it was several decades after we installed the Shah of Iran before the real shit hit the fan. It was 30 years after we secured Sadam before he was removed. Time will tell what happens to the Iraqi's but If I were them I would have written in my vote for Bush as their leader and Ahnold the Governator for VP.
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

well, I hope the Iraqis can get their country back and run it under whatever model of government they choose.

That is to say, maybe they'd like having a king and queen (like most of the rest of their neighbours), but by the looks of things they'd prefer a religious leader like an ayatollah or an imam, so we'll see how long the current structure lasts after the coast is clear.

Iraq hasn't really had a chance at non-interference self rule for quite some time. Let's see, the King was put in by the British, then he and his family were killed, then nothing for a while, then the Batthists came to power and then saddam who because of his power gained the support of the United states and others like France, Germany, Russia, Britain... and when Saddam became a problem for the kuwaitis he became a problem for britain and the states and they gathered everyone round the campfire under the banner of 'we are righteous' and proceeded to knock the crap out of Iraq and followed that up with 12 years of pressing them all down with sanctions and finally when they were weak enough, running in and finishing them off.

how inspiring, how amazing!

Don't know if western style democracy will have any effect for long. Maybe the Iraqis just want their country back so they can go about their business. Hopefully it will be their business.

In short, whatever, the election was not really what I would call anything but a surreal sham played out on our t.vs for us.

Huge regions couldn't vote, the only areas that are pretty safe are those that were complicit with the US and British and are the same areas that opposed Saddam after GW1 for the most part and were allowed to be pressed down by saddam again because the UN, the US and all other parties involved wouldn't help them out after GW1 when they failed to take Saddam out...
    .. for whatever reason, probably a back room deal, but that's just speculation. For most of us with better than grade 4 and do not have Lurleen making us possum stew tonight, It was ridiculous that saddam was not removed when he should have been and that was at the beginning of the 90's.

Says a lot for education. Says a lot about what people's perceptions are and what they care about. It certainly ain't the Iraqis that people care about, that much is quite clear.

The rhetoric is laughable, the news is not reliable and I don't think you care so much about Iraqis as you care about how you are viewed after killing 100,000 plus of them with your tax dollars.

relieve that guilt with sound bytes and picture, stat!

we'll see what happens, I really don't see it going far without constant ushering and interference from the States though and as soon as there is any voice of dissent to the new overlords, the bombs will come again.

way to go america.
    Last edited by Kung Lek; 01-31-2005 at 08:20 AM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

mmmhmm....are ya done? lol is the soapbox back in the closet?

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin