Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: talent in gangsta rap?

talent in gangsta rap?

Has anyone checked out the game's cd yet? I was impressed. I got tired of hearing 50 and g unit on almost every track, but the game has some serious talent.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Thumbs up

I listened to the album online, I agree with you , it was pretty good. I'll probably buy it.

I'm not trying to hate....

But I'm not really feeling The Game. Granted, he is the best by-product of G-Unit, but that isn't really saying much.

Did you know:
    that there was a rift created by letting The Game take Young Buck's place in G-Unit?
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

He shouldn't have to take his place - just allow them to spread out. buck is from nashville, the game from LA. that give a east coast, west coast and southern wing to g unit. Now, they need a crew in chi...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

It all goes in cycles...

Mobb
    Nore
    etc... on the gangsta front.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Nobody should take anyones place, but that doesn't stop the fact. Besides, Buck faces jail time...looks like he'll be joining Yayo (or maybe taking his place )

I think the whole gangsta thing is played out. It died with Pac and Big...That's why Deathrow went belly up. Look at gangsta now and gangsta then...Pac never did a dance song. That's why Snoop changed his style...Gangsta Rap is dead. It was cool in middleschool a.k.a. the early to mid 90s but it's faded. Any true gangster is dead or in jail...plain and simple.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Biggie was more versatile than that too... lol

He was one of the ogs of bling rap too....lol
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

How many times have you heard Big sing about "Girl. Either you love me now...blahblahblah?"

Never...any reference to women was either positive i.e. his mother, or negative *****es and hoes. He never once sang a love song. As for the bling bling, that goes hand in hand with gangster lifestyle. You sell crack you get money, you ex-out a rival gang member and steal his territory to sell on you get money.

I think the day the gangster RAPPER tried to be the gangster SINGER it died. The only successful gangster singer is Devon the Dude, but you never hear about him.

EDIT:Successful in the sense that he pulls it off, not that he makes a living off of it
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe
    I think the day the gangster RAPPER tried to be the gangster SINGER it died. The only successful gangster singer is Devon the Dude, but you never hear about him.

Actually, we used to here about him quite a bit down here.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Nobody should take anyones place, but that doesn't stop the fact. Besides, Buck faces jail time...looks like he'll be joining Yayo (or maybe taking his place )

you talking about the stabbing? I heard that charge got dropped.

I think the whole gangsta thing is played out. It died with Pac and Big...That's why Deathrow went belly up. Look at gangsta now and gangsta then...Pac never did a dance song.

correction - pac never did a dance song AFTER he went gangsta. when he was with digital underground, the ONLY tracks he made were dance songs...

Now, if you wanna talk gangsta rappers that didn't do dance songs, the first that comes to mind is spice1.

That's why Snoop changed his style...Gangsta Rap is dead. It was cool in middleschool a.k.a. the early to mid 90s but it's faded. Any true gangster is dead or in jail...plain and simple.

It's not dead - it's changed it's format some though, as it's transitioned from west coast to east. The gangsta rappers of today are cats like jada and southern heads, like TI.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

How many times have you heard Big sing about "Girl. Either you love me now...blahblahblah?"

Never...any reference to women was either positive i.e. his mother, or negative *****es and hoes. He never once sang a love song.

I know you seen me on the video (true)
    I know you heard me on the radio (true)
    But you still don't pay me no attention
    Listenin to what your girlfriends mention
    He's a ****, he's a hoe, he's a freak
    Got a different girl every day of the week
    It's cool, not tryin to put a rush on you
    I had to let you know that i got a crush on you

NEVER??!??!

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

music is music, and if it sounds good it should get the credit that it deserves. Nowadays I'm less and less political about the things I appreciate. I really don't care if the Game is a gangster rapper or a lollypop selling queen his music sounds good.

Lil' Cease made a huge impact on the Gangsta rap scene...

All these cats sans Pac in the digital underground era never made an impact on the Gangsta rap world.

Pioneers:
    N.W.A.
    Ghetto Boys
    2 Pac
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

I've only heard Game on that video he's in with 50. He got a little of that mumbling style too. we'll see what happens, maybe hes gonna drop something good who knows.

As for talents in gangsta rap - first that come to mind is NWA. look where they went. And look what dominates the mainstreem styles today - ''gangsta rap''. People who don't listen to hip hop thinks ALL hip hop is gangsta rap coz that's all u see on tv. So apperently, gangsta rap is popular.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Lil' Cease made a huge impact on the Gangsta rap scene...

dude... biggie did the hook. The disproves what you said about him not rapping in a "lovey dovey" aspect.... He has done it before.

All these cats sans Pac in the digital underground era never made an impact on the Gangsta rap world.

Pioneers:
    N.W.A.
    Ghetto Boys
    2 Pac

Doesn't matter... point is that pac used to make dance songs. Big bad gang banging pac was a dancer and did dance songs... disproving one of your statements.

If you're gonna mention pioneers of gangsta rap, you HAVE to put Ice T in there - He was one of the first.
    Last edited by SevenStar; 02-10-2005 at 09:21 AM.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter