Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: talent in gangsta rap?

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Starchaser107
    music is music, and if it sounds good it should get the credit that it deserves. Nowadays I'm less and less political about the things I appreciate. I really don't care if the Game is a gangster rapper or a lollypop selling queen his music sounds good.
    agreed.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Many ppl claim 50 as a "gangsta rapper" , so it can't be dead.

I think that as rap moves on, the distinction between styles is becoming blurred.

If I like someone's style, then I could see past the material ****. That's why I like Pac and the other O.G.'s but these cats are cookie cutter emcees. I haven't heard any quailites I like...
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

I can see that. That doesn't change the fact that it's gangsta tho...

I think yung is on to something. The lines are becoming blurred - like when it all began. Originally, there wasn't hip hop, gangsta, r & b rappers, etc. - It was all the same. As the lines are becoming blurred, it's headed back toward being the same.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

anyone remember me posting a thread about The Game? like 8 months ago, where i said "hes the next big thing".lol

him joining g-unit records was only a business decision from interscopes side, to give him promotion. he was signed to dr dres label before that. he might even leave g-unit after this album.

btw anyone realise hes the first westcoast artist to blow up like that since dres last chronic album? even xzibit and snoops 3 last albums didnt had such a buzz. it pays to be signed to interscope.
    Last edited by chen zhen; 02-11-2005 at 10:56 AM.

btw im not really crazy about him and his album, i dont see much talent and he days the same things as any "gangsta rapper" from l.a. has said a 1000 times before. the production saved the album, even though it could have had more dre beats on there.

dude, u sure u live in denmark, u sure u don't live out in L.A.
    cause..really

music transcends all borders

Thumbs up

word.

very true, very true

speaking of Xzibit, anyone heard his latest Weapons of Mass destruction? Never gave him any attention before but I like this one
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

x to the z

ShaolinLube said he bought it and he liked it alot, he linked me to amazon.com they had a sampling of all the tracks on it. It was okay, not my cup of tea but good enough for me not to knock anybody who said they really really liked it.

Brother Ali, one of the best new emcees out there today. His LP, "Shadows on the Sun" is insanely dope. Everything on there man, raw lyrical skills, soulful beats (thanks to ANT from Atmosphere) originality, respect to the hip-hop elders, and powerful, introspective songs, like "Picket Fence" and "Room with a View". Raw hip-hop all the way. I've seen him rock a stage live too; he gets down. Plus the dude's Albino, haha, so that's a plus in its own insane way, lol. Shadows on the Sun is definitely one of the best LP's I've heard in a while. (It's been out for over a year already, by the way.)

Also, Immortal Technique, Revolutionary Vol. 2; the artwork on the cover alone will blow your mind, haha. And if anyone hasn't listened to "Dance with the Devil" from Revolutionary Vol. 1, go DO IT NOW. Trust me. Makes pretty much every other wanna-be "Thug" rapper look like a ****in' pansy.
    As always, stay strong, and keep an open mind...

Thumbs up

got a link man?

Question

Link to which? Brother Ali songs or Technique's "Dance with the Devil" track?
    As always, stay strong, and keep an open mind...

both I guess.