Thread: grandmaster shouyu liang's martial arts school

Question grandmaster shouyu liang's martial arts school

Hello, I am currently looking for a new martial arts school and I am interested in GM Shouyu liang school because of the bagua,xingyi and they seem to compete alote.
    Does anyone know anything about this school that they would be willing to share?

- im alittle thrown off by all the "chi" talk, as i am more of a fighter
    I dont fear the 1000 kicks you have trained once, I fear the 1 kick you have trained 1000 times--Shaolin Saying.

Master Liang is well respected and well known

He has not only written books on internal, he's shown APPLICATIONS in every single book he's written, REAL applications... oh, and TRAINING METHODS

He has also written a book on Shuai Jiao and created a form to teach throwing skills

He has a real San Shou program out of his gym... not a fantasy, we do some kicks so it's a SS program BS, he has a REAL program

I have FULL RESPECT for master Liang....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I'm with lkfmdc on this GM Liang is the real deal. But just one question - you are in Ontario according to your thing and I thought that GM Liang operated out of BC. Are you moving out west?
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

hey thanks for your quick reply guys, i guess i will have to fly down and check it out.

and yes i have been thinking of moving down to Vancouver for awhile now
    I dont fear the 1000 kicks you have trained once, I fear the 1 kick you have trained 1000 times--Shaolin Saying.

Hi Feral Tiger,
    Let me know when you want to come down when you get to Vancouver. Incidentally I am from Kitchener Ontario also and know of Master Pan. I have lived here and studied with Master Liang for almost 10 years now. I teach the Sanshou class on Saturdays.

Ayron

Here's our cover story on GM Liang

OCT 2000
    and the one on his lovely daugther Helen:
    JUL AUG 2003

Welcome to our forums, Ayron!!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Thanks Gene! my new article comes out today here in Canada.
    Let me know when you want me to do a cover! hahaha.

Awesome, I'll be sure to do that Aryon

Although I have been thinking of trying to come down to vancouver for a week or so, since i wouldnt be able to move there till atleast september. Is there anyway to take classes for that amount of time?
    I know there is something in the Faq on gm Liang's website. For me though I wouldnt need to have private training, if that is possible.Would you know anything about that Aryon?

thanks for that great read GeneChing

Just visiting for the week? Saturday's Sanshou class will be free for you. I will speak with Master Liang. Look for me when you come down and we can talk further about other classes. If you need any more information contact me at :

ayron@shouyuliang.com

cool, thanks alote

I will probably be down in about a month or so

Heh, my wife's family lives in Kitchener.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Grandmaster Liang Shou Yu Demonstration

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart