Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ONG BAK: The Thai Warrior (Tony Ja)

I'm still roundin up the rest of the boys. I got bob sapp, but I had to give him a lifetime supply of cotton candy to come along. This will certainly be the end of all wars. But since I still have not seen the warrior(s), it will be a while before I come up with a witty remark, punk
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Quote Originally Posted by jethro
    I'm still roundin up the rest of the boys. I got bob sapp, but I had to give him a lifetime supply of cotton candy to come along. This will certainly be the end of all wars. But since I still have not seen the warrior(s), it will be a while before I come up with a witty remark, punk

sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, if only i had some roses..........................

i think we're talking about that movie :

http://www.apple.com/trailers/miramax/the_warrior.html

ving water goggles

I can't get that site at my work, but you probably read the first post, so hopefully somebody has seen it. And I am not lying this won like 492 awards for best picture ever and best acting by an arabian, best warrior movie ever, ...
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

Oh, I think that your talking about this: http://movies.aol.com/movie/the-warrior/22790/main I thought you were talking about that Thai movie that one some awards in Europe. Yeah I wanted to see this real bad in the theater, but it only came out in New York and LA...that's BS. They could have showed it in the artsi ****si theaters in DC and lots of people would have went. Let us know how it is if you buy it. Hollywood Video says it's for rent at there locations, but I haven't seen it at the one near my house.

Question yep

looks like the one

gonna have to rent it on net flix or hollywood video, but doubtful I will remember

:

Question ong bak

Has anyone seen this movie? It is all in Thai, I think. The dvd that i have has subtitles. I thought the fight scenes were pretty good so was most of the action sequences. I have heard that the filmmaker and the actor are in the process of filming a new movie. If you saw the movie what did you think about it?

Kent

I enjoyed it, high energy. Here's a thread that was devoted to it a while back:

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=35382
    Keep it simple, stupid.

9. Ong Bak

Hi,

what do you think of the "Ong Bak" Movie. It's fantastic, isn't it?
    Last edited by @PLUGO; 12-11-2006 at 05:11 PM. Reason: SPAM

yep

**** yea tony jaa is amazing ive seen some of his demonstrations too

video game

There’s an Ong-Bak video game coming… Getting There
    Geoffrey Tim January 18th, 2012 clock image 11:30 am

I don’t know how many of you are in to foreign martial arts flicks, but if you are, you’ve no doubt seen Tony Jaa’s Ong-Bak. It’s a Thai movie about a young kickboxer trying to retrieve a sacred treasure from from Bangkok’s crime under world – featuring some of the very best martial artistry ever committed to celluloid.

Released nearly a decade ago, it’s now getting a video game adaptation.

Studio HIVE has announced it’s acquired the licence to use the property for video games, and will be bringing Ong-Bak to consoles later this year.

“Ong-Bak is well known as a powerful international martial arts brand,” says Sahamongkol Film International business development director Akarapol Techaratanaprasert in a press release “We are very selective with our licensing partners and found in Studio HIVE the right partner to bring Ong-Bak to gaming platforms. “Their approach to tie in movie and game is the right way to create a perfect interactive entertainment.

Kan Supabanpot, General Manager at Studio HIVE adds: “It’s a great honour for our team to work on the very first Ong-Bak multiplatform game. As a Thai development studio we love the movie and have a deep understanding of the Ong-Bak brand values and we make sure that the videogame will be an inspiring martial arts action experience for gamers.”

I just don’t see this working, but I delight in being proved wrong. The last game I played that was based off of an asian film property was Stranglehold, featuring a digital version of Chow Yun Fat. It…wasn’t too bad, provided you’re able to disengage your brain for a few hours.
    Exactly how powerful an international martial arts brand do you think Ong Bak is?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

i dont think it matters...you make a video game where you can do cool stunts and whup ass its gonna sell. might breath life back into this dead series.

Our latest sweepstakes!

Enter to win KungFuMagazine.com's contest for THE ONG BAK TRILOGY! Contest ends 6:00 p.m. PST on 08/07/14. Good luck everyone!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Our winners are announced

See our ONG BAK TRILOGY Winners thread.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips