Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: the need for the existence of evil..

Shun Tzi theory about the bad nature of people.

Xin Er Xuo, over 2000 years ago,

In contrast, Meng Tzi has theory about the good nature of people.

Kong Fu Tzi specified what you do not want happen to yourself. Do not do unto others.

Ji Xuo Bi Yu. Wu Shi Yu Ren.

Evil would do damage to others with ill intent while there is no good for himself.

But a bad karma will start and come back to the initiator.

So it all starts with the intent or thoughts.

That is why the Buddhists cultivate good thoughts and see thru evil thoughts.

Daoist thinks that everything is relative. Your goodness may be evils to others.

Christians believe in greater love for others. The greatest love from God.

Love creates, gives, forgives, nurtures and life may continue.

Evil brings destructions, revenges, and life may end.

---

Evil brings destructions, revenges, and life may end.
    How are those necessarily evil?

Thumbs up

Yes. everything is relative.

If there is no death, there is no birth.

If there is no beginning, there is no end.

If there is no end, there is no beginning.

In between, we call it life.

However, this is referring to one entity or oneself moving relative to time.

Cause and effect.

In reference from one (people) to the other (people), that is a different story.

--

Cool

i guess my earlier post went way over peoples heads. oh well.

Peace,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

yes Willow Sword, you are way too advanced for the likes of us poor mortals.

Actually while some people see this as a "deep" subject, I don't really view it that way. Good and Evil are concepts that are strictly subjective. Your good can be my evil and so on. I think way down deep inside, even the most religious of us understand this but we cling to ideals that allow us to explain away the things that make us uncomfortable. Without something like "Evil" you have no reason to hate, to make war, or oppress those around you who do not think like you do.
    Last edited by red5angel; 02-10-2005 at 09:36 AM.

Greetings,

TWS.. i think we have similar perspectives, only i choose to avoid the baggage that comes with the labeling of "good/evil".. it is what it is, the only consequence flows from our response to whatever it is.. Good/Evil as inherent qualities in humans exist only as arbitrary value judgements.. two sides of the same coin, value the coin regardless of which side faces you.. and, know that the other side is just a flip away..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

good replies... i think basically everyone is in agreement. i think im beginning to understand why my cousin thinks the way he does.

anyway... when i have more time ill post what i think about the whole thing.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Pleased to meet you. I hope you guess my name

"Just as every cop's a criminal and all the sinner's saints;
    To end this tale just call me Lucifer, 'cause I'm in need of some restraint;
    So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, have some taste;
    Use all your well earned qualities before I lay your souls to waste."

Woohooo
    Woohooo
    Woohooo
    Woohooo
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

sounds like something out of the matrix, without one there cant be the other. you need one to have another one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

awesome reference JP!

I've been humming that **** song since I started reading this thread!!!
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

All things come from the taiji.

In the beginning ...... Before creation, big bang, etc. was singularity (scientists say so, not me)

There is no existance like this because 1 can not experience itself because there is no relativity so then 1 becomes two and everything so you can experience yourself because you are not me , etc. etc. Everyone is experiencing everything .... pretty clever trick of God, Tao.

View this individualistic 4 dimensional existance as the expression of a single multidimensial force .... this is what scientists are calling string theory, vibrations from a higher dimension.

View yourself as your local internet connection but you are only one outlet of The Internet.

Good and evil are all silly things happening on the individual level, but its sort of like calling it bad when one leaf falls from a tree. A tree is all of its leaves, its branches, the trunk, the roots, the soil, the sun and rain helping it grow.

What you do to "other" you do to "self". So what is evil?

I've been humming that **** song since I started reading this thread!!!

yeah fukker! Since I read that I haven't been able to get it out of my head!

It did remind me to go pick up a copy of Mikail Bulgakov's "The Master and Margarita" though!

Originally posted by red5angel
    yeah fukker! Since I read that I haven't been able to get it out of my head!

It did remind me to go pick up a copy of Mikail Bulgakov's "The Master and Margarita" though!
    Glad to be of service.

Let's start debating how many angels can sit on the head of a pin now.

Better yet: Can God create a rock that is too big for Him to lift?

These questions are, by nature, unanswerable to anyone else other than yourself.

These questions are, by nature, unanswerable to anyone else other than yourself.
    That's not completely true. I hold no religious beliefs and so evil or good, is not a universal truth. There is no proof that evil exists as anything but a concept.