Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Hit the Wall

Unhappy Just Hit the Wall

My body just shut down on me about 1/2 hour ago. Out of nowhere. I just got extremely tired, my head started pounding, and I can't think straight.

I've been going too hard lately, and I knew this was coming. It's funny how your body let's you know you need a break. Oh well, I'll take a lazy weekend and should be good by Monday.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

try eating more food. Carbs.
    Last edited by Fred Sanford; 02-10-2005 at 02:00 PM.
    Mack 10 just got out of court,
    rollin through tha hood in his super sport ropin Too $hort.
    Eighteens got tha rearview mirrors vibratin

This happened to me last summer. A weekend of laying around and eating nothing but junk food took care of it. I probably could've eaten healthy food but I went with the junk food option.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Originally posted by Fred Sanford
    try eating more food. Carbs.
    $hit, I'm the pasta king. I've just been training too hard w/ not enough sleep. Bad combination.

You still coming down w/ Joe? My coach is fighting that night. We get the gym to ourselves all day.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Talking

Ok then get more sleep.

Yea man, I'm still planning on it. Should be a good time getting beat down all day . Haven't been back to the Chicago area since I moved away 3+ years ago.
    Mack 10 just got out of court,
    rollin through tha hood in his super sport ropin Too $hort.
    Eighteens got tha rearview mirrors vibratin

I wanna vouch for the power fo sleep deprivation....
    If i get any less than 7 or 8 hours, I totally fall out... at 7 to 8 I'm still struggling a bit...8 to 9 feels about the best.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

I sleep, long and hard when that happens. If it's on a weekday I go in to work late and sleep an hour or two more then usual. On a weekend I sleep until I can't sleep no more!

I'm a big believer in the power nap. I can grab 20 minutes of sleep and feel completely refreshed.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com

Dito on the power nap. It can be a life saver. I like to try and get one in before a workout.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Water Dragon,

Safeguard yourself. It could be the flu. I had the same symptoms going into it. I got it on the 17th of January and I am still trying to pull myself together. I have only started to walk my normal speed in the last 48 hours.

Concerned,

mickey

i thought this was a wall hitting thread
    i used to do that a lot
    specially when i got frustrated
    id throw weak punches at the wall for quite some time then after a while id have cuts on my knucles
    made me feel a just a little slightly better
    but also made me feel odd on the next few days in class wondering if anyone seen my cool knucles and wonders how i made those cuts
    i never got asked though

i only ever got asked funny enough this one i time i burned my nose (from the sun) and then they asked me if i got wounded in a fight

Re: Just Hit the Wall

Originally posted by Water Dragon
    My body just shut down on me about 1/2 hour ago. Out of nowhere. I just got extremely tired, my head started pounding, and I can't think straight.

I've been going too hard lately, and I knew this was coming. It's funny how your body let's you know you need a break. Oh well, I'll take a lazy weekend and should be good by Monday.
    didn't that happen a couple years ago too? what did you do to remedy it last time?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Two words

RAW VEGITABLES!!!!

Seriously, when I used to push hard, I trained to this point vertually every time I worked out.

Then I discovered the power of Raw Veggies.

Of course it then just took longer to get to that point but.....

Are you getting the pounding head ache (the one a whole bottle of aspirine won't cure?), and the slight nausious feeling like you want to throw up too?

I sugjest you forget the Pasta. Although it has lots of carbs, it is deviod of nutritional content.

Eat the most nutritionally dense foods first, ie raw fruites and vegitables. Then after you train eat lots of meat. Mix it up, steaks, chicken, fish.

Then back off the intensity just a tad. You should be able to feel that shut down comming on before hand. Pay attention to how your head feels, look for tiny stars in your vision, and a slight rumbly in ur tummy. If you see that comming, back of and do some light qi gong till it passes, or light stretching.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Originally posted by Royal Dragon
    I sugjest you forget the Pasta. Although it has lots of carbs, it is deviod of nutritional content.
    What's carbohydrates if not nutritional content?

I like to make my own pasta. Wholemeal plain flour, 0% milk and an egg. Easy, but a bit messy to mix. Sticks like glue to your hands.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Toby, you should try frozen dinners. Maybe you guys don't have the gourmet frozen stuff we have up here in the states
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.