Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Demons and Martial Arts

Demons and Martial Arts

Has anyone else ever been confronted with this kind of problem?

An instructor in my area is calling on the demons, according to some of his students he has them meditate away from the light and into the dark to bring the power of the demons to them. Telling them after a certain level of training that it is the only way they can continue their training under him and it is the only way of reaching their true potentials.

When things like this get out, and it did in my comunity, it turns people away from Martial Arts thinking we all do the same things. The # of people who would inquire about class dropped off considerably when some of his students started talking about what was going on.
    The stronger you become in mind and body the more responsibilities you must endure.

well... demons eh?

sounds pretty absurd, but then, I've heard more absurd stuff than that.

Tell him to stuff his demons up his ass in the middle of a meditation session. Then attack him with sticks and beat him until he's all welted up. Then tar and feather him, then run him out of town on a rail. Then get some real karate into town.

then start training martial arts without a speed addict with delusions.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Dude! that guy sounds like a freak. Someone needs to go to kentucky and kick that guys freaky arse. Wait...does he glow? If so IM not gonna be the one to go. I dont wanna mess with any demons man. Blah...someone needs to show the people there the pure innocent side of traditional arts.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Well, demons are pretty powerful. You really should have a protective circle down if you're going to summon them though.

I went walking through the woods one day and I came to a stream. on one side stood three bill-goats and underneath the bridge you'll never guess what I spied.....

crack is wack.

You must now go deep into the Norse mountains and find the ancient hammer Mjolnir, only this will protect you from the demons.

I have magical demon away powder, you can get the word out around your village if you want. I sell it by 4 oz bottles for 89.99

get the word out. it will save your soul.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"

When I was very young, Kung-Fu was associated with Devil worship, and many kids in my hood were not allowed to take it. Sounds all too familiar.

I remember that, I made a fortune in your village.
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

Just call forth the light and kick his ass

Or should you say "By the power of Greyskull!"?

I can't remember
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

in all seriousness serene dragon, I'd go to www.bullshido.com and ask them about this problem, There are a couple of experts over there that can help out

So none of you have had idiots like this in your area I take it.

Like the jokes though
    The stronger you become in mind and body the more responsibilities you must endure.

You sure you weren't watching a rerun of Buffy The Vampire Slayer?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

fortunately I live in a major metropolitan, so needless to say, hacks like that go down with a quickness. Cause i live here so everyone gets free demon away powder.
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

****, you guys act like you never heard of this freaky ****e before.

It sounds like a version of the spirit possession meditations. The idea being that you invite a spirit of an ancestor to inhabit and empower you, naturally, a fearsome one, perhaps Uncle Lee the Eye Plucker, or even Gwan Gung himself. You work yourself into a kinda trance from what I've been told.

This gives you added courage to launch into combat. It allegedly can drive you crazy as well... Again, I'm no expert, but I think it is more prevelent in Hakka arts.

I'm not sure, but I think it was the kind of thing used in the boxer rebellion that made the rebels feel as if they were bullett proof. Naturally, it was an illustion.

As for demons, well, all I can say is ,"don't go to the dark side, Luke."