Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How to break a clinch?

Blog Entries

How to break a clinch?

Sometime you and your opponent get into a clinch situation. It could be a dead lock that nobody can do anything and end with a bull fight. When this happen, it may be better to break the clinch apart and start all over again. One way to achieve this is by using "捅(Tong) - push" to push on the opposite side of your opponent's shoulder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgtGzYbOgwQ

What other methods do you like to suggest?

there are seveal ways, which clinch are you referring too? describing escapes is so hard to do in words.
    Last edited by EarthDragon; 11-19-2010 at 02:00 PM.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

yeah. That example wasn't really much of a clinch. When I think of a clinch I think of over hooks, under hooks, neck ties, and body grabs. A Llama Pai sifu put a video up a long time ago specifically dealing with clinch scenarios. was pretty good. For me in highschool wrestling a tooth pick worked pretty good to break up the clinch until one time it broke in my knee pad and stabbed me fairly deep under my knee cap. Thanks, Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff, you jerk.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    there are seveal ways, which clinch are you referring too? describing escapes is so hard to do in words.
    SC clinch, Judo clinch, MT clinch, ... can all be discussed.

Both you and your opponent have:

- arms tangled (SC clinch).
    - sleeve and lapel holds (Judo clinch).
    - hands behind each other's neck (MT clinch).
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 11-19-2010 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brothernumber9 View Post
    yeah. That example wasn't really much of a clinch. When I think of a clinch I think of over hooks, under hooks, neck ties, and body grabs. A Llama Pai sifu put a video up a long time ago specifically dealing with clinch scenarios. was pretty good. For me in highschool wrestling a tooth pick worked pretty good to break up the clinch until one time it broke in my knee pad and stabbed me fairly deep under my knee cap. Thanks, Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff, you jerk.
    lol, thats what you get!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

OK MT clinch the best way is to release your grab, bring up your right arm and cross it over your opp both arms and down elbow into the bend of your opp right elbow, slam your elbow into this spot to get him to bend his elbow circle your hand underneath both his armswhile slightly turn towrds your left, adn with your left reach around his chin grab his chin and twist clockwise and down to the mat.

double lappel grab is the same tech.
    boxer clinch, reach up with one hand and throw your oppents arm behind you, grab the trechea and trap the arm between your bicept and side of the body.
    very effective and very easy to do

leg clinch such as the guard is to put your knee into his tailbone arch your back like a cat, this breaks the guard in seconds

or you can drive both elbows into your oppn femural nerves ion the inside of the thighs, this hurts and they release right away
    Last edited by EarthDragon; 11-19-2010 at 02:40 PM.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    SC clinch, Judo clinch, MT clinch, ... can all be discussed.

Both you and your opponent have:
    - sleeve and lapel holds (Judo clinch).
    If he's strong arming you with his lapel hand, you can turn your body slightly and allow him to push your gi off of your shoulder so you can get inside and throw.

Clinches are very temporary. They don't just latch on and stay like an angry hermit crab. That would be useless.

"Got you in the CLINCH! WOO!..... uh, now what?"
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

angry hermit crab? now that some funny ****
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

you can do a few things.

you can push out, bump and go, reverse it, work in it, underhook, probably a few more things to and maybe even stuff that's obscure but simple. never know.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Clinches are very temporary. They don't just latch on and stay like an angry hermit crab. That would be useless.

"Got you in the CLINCH! WOO!..... uh, now what?"
    If you get good neck control by closing the elbows you can use percussive force to move you opponent around by the neck while using knees or shins.

for instance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W1DK1YyWd0

the judo answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijlh4Aa0R8I
    Last edited by David Jamieson; 11-19-2010 at 08:33 PM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

DJ
    please dont post videos like that ever again!
    did you see those shorts? I couldnt take him seriously wearing those shorts, and he beat up a gurl to boot!
    the second clip looked like Elvis.. and you cannto break that clinch that easy if the guy is using strength to hold on which he should be in a fight.

My God youtube has allowed anyone to be a internet hero...... the invention of the internet was to make us smarter, but youtube is making us dumber!

I think Im gonna punch in the face the next person that asks me if i can referrence my knowledge with a youtube video
    Last edited by EarthDragon; 11-19-2010 at 08:47 PM.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Learn to wrestle.

Learn to grip fight.

Learn to hand fight.

Learn to neck wrestle.

All of these will teach you how to deal with a clinch. Giving a specific technique is kind of pointless. The clinch is wide ranging, the variations subtle and intricate in both application and defense. It is arguably one of the most technical skill sets and ranges in a fight.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster View Post
    Learn to wrestle.

Learn to grip fight.

Learn to hand fight.

Learn to neck wrestle.

All of these will teach you how to deal with a clinch. Giving a specific technique is kind of pointless. The clinch is wide ranging, the variations subtle and intricate in both application and defense. It is arguably one of the most technical skill sets and ranges in a fight.
    they won't listen.....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    DJ
    please dont post videos like that ever again!
    did you see those shorts? I couldnt take him seriously wearing those shorts, and he beat up a gurl to boot!
    You better be tough as hell if you gonna wear shorts like that in our side of town!!
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!