Thread: water filters: which ones r0x0r your b0x0r?

water filters: which ones r0x0r your b0x0r?

this may be about as off topic as you can get, but i have found that people here have some interesting fields of expertise.

so can anyone recommend a good water filter? i have been reading a little about them and im considering a kenmore whole house unit, but i wanted to see if anyone has had experiences with these before purchase. one of the sink modles might not be too bad, but the price for the whole house unit didnt seem like it was much more minus the profession installation. the filtered bottle things wouldn't produce nearly enough water as i myself can go through 2 gallons in a day now.

i could also keep running to the store for gallons of water but thats a pain in the ass. plus it produces much more garbage and garbage is bull****.
    where's my beer?

GDA's turning into a HIPPY! What the sh*ts this world coming to? Go read some Bukowski, man, start with Ham on Rye, laughters the best medicine.

im not a hippy ... i have no immune system. none.

id like to say the garbage thing is 100% environmental concern ... and i do think we need to be doing things a little differently ... but to be honest its mostly sloth. every single time i put an entire gallon jug in the garbage i realize ill be taking out the garbage if not right then very soon. those ****ers fill up your trash can quicker than anything else.
    where's my beer?

Thumbs up

My aunt has one of the Kennmore whole house filtration systems. It manages to make Commerce City water very drinkable as well as tasty, which is saying something as the town shares 2 borders with the Rocky Mountain Arsanle.

P.S. You is s'posed to crush the jug then put the lid back on so it stays flat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

thanks becca. do you know about how much the installation cost? the units themselves are under 50 but i was curious about that. if not thats cool ... ill call sears when i get home thursday.

also i do try the crushing of the plastic jugs thing, but half the time they pop back out on their own at some point and it only does so much. they still take up far too much room in my trash can and i aint no god ****ed hippy. kung lek is a hippy. not me.
    where's my beer?

If you are somewhat handy, you can do it yourself. It should come with instructions. You might need to get a few things line a pipe wrench and some teflon tape to water-proof the joints, but that's about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

http://www.lifesourcewater.com/technology/index.htm

anybody use this. it also replaces water softeners. i am sure it costs pretty penny.

Originally posted by Becca
    My aunt has one of the Kennmore whole house filtration systems. It manages to make Commerce City water very drinkable as well as tasty, which is saying something as the town shares 2 borders with the Rocky Mountain Arsanle.

P.S. You is s'posed to crush the jug then put the lid back on so it stays flat.
    http://content.sears.com/data/produc...440000-dlv.jpg

this

If you can deal with the sales people, Amway makes a very good under the counter filter. But what ever you do, dont go to the meeting.
    At a boy Luther!!!!

dude i got a little filtrator in here
    but the water that comes from it is smelling just as bad as the one from the non-filtered tap...

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    GDA, I'm not familiar with the Kenmore but I personally would stay away from it as Kenmore rarely makes anything with there name on it. It will be some other brand. IME, you run into R&M issues with all Kenmore products after they switch manufacturers a couple of years down the road.

Also, if you are considering whole house filtration then look into reverse osmosis systems and go ahead and get a plumber to install it.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Check some filter on this site. These are the best models available right now + they all passed testing and have all necessary medical certification. You'll never make a mistake by purchasing on of these filters. Good luck!
    Last edited by slink; 04-16-2019 at 02:42 PM.