Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun In The Riverside Ca. Area

Wing Chun In The Riverside Ca. Area

I posted a similar message about a year ago, with no results as far as Wing Chun was concerned. There's plenty of Karate/TKD/BJJ/San Soo in the area, but nothing of what I was looking for which is authentic Wing Chun. I'm hoping that a year later things may have changed & someone out there can let me know if there is any Wing Chun in the area. Because of my schedule, a long commute is out of the question, but I can train anywhere in the Inland Empire- Riverside, Corona, San Bernardino, Moreno Valley, etc. I've looked high & low without success. I would greatly appreciate any info or leads in finding some quality Wing Chun or even some real kung fu. Thanks in advance.

I'm down in Silverlake, Tuesdays 7-9 and Saturdays 4-7 if you're into checking out what I do.

My main training partner has a class going in Redondo Beach, Monday Wensday at 6pm, and Saturday at 10AM.

I'm not sure what regular hours Ernie has in Pasadena.

Gary Lam is in Montery Park- Wens thru Saturday, variable times, plus he's got people training privately all the time.

Any of those work for you?

Andrew

AndrewS, Ernie and Gary Lam - pretty good options you've been given gulfvet . I'd jump at the offer while it's hot.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Thanks so much for the info. Because of my hectic work schedule & family life, driving to Orange County or L.A. on a regular basis is out of the question for the time being. I was originally from the Monterey Park area & visited Gary Lam's class, but because I'm in the military, & had a newborn, I just couldn't find the time, which I regret now. I'll keep looking for something out this way, but the pickings are slim, and it seems that Wing Chun is non-existant. Thanks again.

hey bro have we met your story sounds familiar
    sorry but your right there is alot of good wing chun people in la
    but just step out a few miles and it's a waste land
    i got a guy that trained with me for a while lived in your area and the drive was just to much
    i'll see if he is looking for a training partner
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

Yeah it's amazing how little there is outside of L.A. I would be happy with any kung fu, but there doesn't seem to be any of that either outside the San Soo's which I'm not interested in. I'm not sure if we've met before.

well i wish you luck bro !
    me personally i would go to a boxing gym or FMA or BJJ
    all have great carry over skills
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

No one that I know of either in the Inland Empire. I'm down in OC. Sorry.
    Sifu Adam Williss
    The Dragon Institute
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/orangecountywingchunkungfu

Hi Gulfvet-

I have some great stories of the characters I met trying to find CMA in Riverside when I went to high school there. Martial arts definitely attract a strange crowd sometimes.

Anyways, I don't know of any wing chun in the area. I used to drive up to LA for that.

There is a good kung fu teacher there though. He does Cheung Kune Pai, N. Shaolin and Monkey. He is good and a nice guy as well. I am not sure what he is doing with classes at the moment but PM if you want and I'll try to find out for you.

There is also a mantis school in san bernardino and a kungfu place on Pine street downtown. I think Harvey Kurland runs some internal classes at UCR. Years ago there was a baji group that practiced early mornings at UCR but I doubt they are still there (that was back in 1996). Good luck!

Nick

I am in San Diego and have early morning classes on Sunday.

I do not know how close Riverside to Sd is compared to LA but you are welcome to come visit.

Dave

WC in Inland Empire CA

Anyone want to join me in practicing, or interested in practicing WC in Fontana?
    Let me know. We can start a group in the Inland Empire.

nojack

Hello Nojack, I live in the I.E. area. I'll try to help you in wingchun.

So leave a message at this address; bkfist@hotmail.com

Thumbs up

Hi Kuma,

I have sent you my reply to your hotmail.

nojack

Kuma,
    Where are you located in the Inland Empire? I'm a beginner in Wing Chun, so are you looking to teach,or someone to spar with? Thanks.

Smile WC practice

Kuma or gulfvet,

If either of you guys wanta get togather and practice WC. just sent me an email
    at cis68stanley@hotmail.com, and I am in Fontana, ca.

nojack