Weng Chun download clip

Dear weng chun friends,

here is a weng chun training clip download from Sifu Stefan Reis:

http://chun-wi.208243.vserver.de/fi...-training-3.wmv

It doesn't work for me! Doh!

Sorry, here is the right:

http://chun-wi.208243.vserver.de/index.php/4/0/

Scroll the site down and choose your weng chun clip

I've seen this clip already - Andreas sent it to me last week.

Once again, Andreas...congratulations.

Excellent stuff.

Still haven't forgotten about organizing/hosting a possible NYC seminar for you to do at some point in the future.

I'll work on it.

Thumbs up THank you, Sifu Hoffman

It is a great privilege to see Weng Chun in action. I have been a silent observer for the efforts and works of your Weng Chun Kung Fu mostly because I am a practitioner of Chiu Chuk Kai Tai Chi Praying Mantis. I have always been interested in finding out GM Chiu's comment about the similarity of his Kung Fu and his sworn brother GM Chu Chong Men's Kung Fu. Through these clips, I am satisfied that there are indeed similarty in the flow of combat elements. I think you would term it as Lau (leaking) if I am not mistaken.

Indeed these are great stuff and thank you very very much for sharing them.

With deep and sincere appreciation,

Robert Hui (Mantis108)
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

Looks like a blend of traditional shaolin arts, tai chi, and wing chun! Cool looking stuff. I must admit I have little knowledge of Chee shim weng chun....perhaps I should look more into it. Thanks for the insight into your training!

**The chi sao that you guys are doing in the middle of the clip looks almost exactly like the "augmented" chi sao that I "developed" with some of my own training partners in efforts to better transpose the skills from the poon sao type chi sao movement directly to fighting wherein anything goes (wing chun or not). I feel that method to be better suited for the translation of techniques from poon/gor sao to actual combat. We hit a little bit harder though.

I see now that I wasn't very original with my idea...but it's good to see that I wasn't the only one doing it!
    Last edited by SAAMAG; 02-16-2005 at 04:40 PM.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

nice clip, nice music, nice edit - good job Stefan!

Good examples of various dead and cooperative training practices (so prevalent in TCMAs) . . . but I did see a few good things.

You're barking up the wrong tree here, Terence.

No one style has all the answers - but Weng Chun is a definite contribution to reality-fighting.

Thumbs up Good Clip

Hi Andreas

Thanks for posting the clip. I very much enjoyed it. I have a strong interest in Weng Chun but the only stuff id seen up until now were the small cips on your web site. This clip makes things a lot clearer.

And was that some BJJ i saw in their half way through? If so nice blend between the two.

Keep up the good work
    'In the woods there is always a sound...In the city aways a reflection.'

'What about the desert?'

'You dont want to go into the desert'

- Spartan

Victor,

I'm not saying anything about "weng chun" as a fighting method (I think highly of it, and have only heard excellent things about Andreas personally), I'm talking about what I see on that video clip -- what was shown was cooperative and dead training, no one "moved" as they really would in a fight. Sure the weng chun practitioner moved quickly and seemed to be able to "handle" every attack but so do the akido guys! It looks great because everyone is cooperating, giving the "primary" what they need to perform their "techniques" (even though they may be random and unrehearsed). Against genuine resistance from somewhat skilled fighters, it won't "look" anything like that. In fact, I see lots of poor fighting habits demonstrated in those clips (because I know from fighting those sorts of things just won't work). IMHO these sorts of clips are just more of the same in the TCMAs. They look great to the beginner, the nonfighter who thinks "wow! if I could only move like that!" Show the same thing to a fighter, and they'll see something very different.

But as I said, I did see a few good things. But that sort of training (and the clips say this was training, not demos) will actually hinder good development IME -- by reinforcing (through cooperation) those poor fighitng habits.

A while back I posted a clip from the Estonian WT people (actually fighting) that lots of folks here said "looked" terrible, and was a bad example of "good WCK." Yeah, well, that's how WCK "looks" when it is genuinely applied. And that sort of training is the only way to develop good fighting habits. The only persons that recognized those "good habits" in that mess were the folks that fight (Andrew S. comes to mind). To the nonfighters, it looked "terrible".

"I'm talking about what I see on that video clip -- what was shown was cooperative and dead training, no one "moved" as they really would in a fight. Sure the weng chun practitioner moved quickly and seemed to..." (Terence)

BUT WHY is that the very first thing that you mentioned?

And then throw Weng Chun a bone later?

Aren't you fight-savy enough to know, just by looking at that clip, that there is much in the Weng Chun system that really works?

I'm not saying this as an opening for other people to jump all over you; as you know, I almost always agree with what you have to say about reality-fighting and reality-training.

But you're becoming a one-note Charlie...

don't you think?

I checked the first clip and enjoyed watching it. Well made and flows nicely as a two person flowing training drill.

And, different from wing chun- but nice and interesting.

I checked the first clip and enjoyed watching it. Well made and flows nicely as a two person flowing training drill.

And, different from wing chun- but nice and interesting.

Thanks for sharing.

Refreshing. Someone who shows some cool skills. I loved the clips. Your form had great stucture power generated from the ground. Really good flow. I also was impressed with your weapons techniques. Good stuff all around.